Start by marking “Garfield Blots Out the Sun (Garfield #43)” as Want to Read:
Garfield Blots Out the Sun (Garfield #43)

Garfield Blots Out the Sun (Garfield #43)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  368 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Garfield Blots Out the Sun: His 43rd book!

Gluttony on a Galactic Scale!

Like the Universe, Garfield is constantly expanding. Fans of the fat cat will get a big bang out of this all-new collection of comics, featuring Garfield at his funniest - and hungriest!
Published January 30th 2007 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about Garfield Blots Out the Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Garfield Blots Out the Sun

Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
These circ like crazy at my library and I remember loving Garfield as a kid, so I picked up a random collection to refresh my memory. I chuckled a few times, but nothing to write home about. Granted, this is a collection of early 2000's material, so maybe I should go back a bit further to nudge my nostalgia. I will say that what I read in the newspaper today is a waste of newsprint, though. Garfield has gone the way of Beetle Bailey and Dagwood these days. Time to retire, methinks.
Alice Rachel
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Eheheh *snorts* *squeals* *snorts* Oh, Garfield, I love you! ; )
Lesli Diaz
Dec 30, 2015 rated it liked it
I think that this book was boring because it did not had that much stuff going on so I think that next time I should not get Garfield books because they didnt entertain me at all.i would recommend this book to a person that likes books that are just plain boring because it wasn't funny. Except there was one funny part were Jon and Garfield went around the neighborhood and everyone was laughing because the were riding a pink and purple bike and Garfield said "my miserable life." Another part of t ...more
Sarah Whitfield
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Text-to-text: Garfield comics have been around for decades, and can even get kids to start reading comics in the news paper.

Text-to-self: These comic books serve to make students laugh and take the pain away from reading. Almost everyone can relate to having a grumpy, fat cat who only cares about food.

Text-to-world: Maybe after reading some Garfield comics to your class you could have a discussion about nutrition and the nutrition values in other cultures.
Robert Bussie
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A large majority of the comic strips are hilarious or at least induce a chuckle or two. If you love Garfield's humor in his other books then you will love this book.

If you do not like Garfield or find his humor annoying then you will not find anything different in here from his many other books.
Naomi Simon
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: joshua
Garfield is a fat, lazy, not so loving cat and he's trying to get rid of nermal, kick odie many times, and stay in bed as long as possible! I like this book because odie and Jon put a sense of humor into everything and Garfield is up to he's no good business!
Iggy Igwell
May 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: garfield
Garfield does something that makes Jon yell, "GARFIELD!"
Hector velez
Sep 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing
A funny cartoon book, a nice way to express the feeling of how a cat can be so annoying and funny
Apr 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-strips
Book #43. Garfield celebrates his 25th birthday.
Tara Calaby
Oct 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-strip
Garfield is second only to Footrot Flats when it comes to my most-loved comic strips, and even then, it's only by a smidgeon.
Jul 29, 2010 rated it liked it
Simple, clean, fun humor for any age. I know the kids love Garfield at our library and this book should make them happy.
Bookworm Erica
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
love. easy to relax to
Jul 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Niiiiiiiice. The man who can't say no. Woman: Sir are you married? Man: no OH DARN IT! Garfield: This is why i watch television
Dec 05, 2011
rated it it was ok
Jan 17, 2015
  • Night of the Living Dad
  • How Come I'm Always Luigi?: A FoxTrot Collection
  • Weird But True: 300 Outrageous Facts (Weird But True, #1)
  • Stacey's Movie (The Baby-Sitters Club, #130)
James Robert "Jim" Davis is an American cartoonist who created the popular comic strip Garfield. Other comics that he has worked on are Tumbleweeds, Gnorm Gnat, Slapstick, and a strip about Mr. Potato Head.

Jim Davis was born in Fairmount, Indiana, near Marion, where he grew up on a small farm with his father James William Davis, mother Anna Catherine (Carter) Davis, brother Dave, and 25 cats. Davi
More about Jim Davis...

Garfield (1 - 10 of 65 books)
  • Garfield at Large: His First Book (Garfield, #1)
  • Garfield Gains Weight (Garfield, #2)
  • Garfield Bigger Than Life (Garfield #3)
  • Garfield Weighs In (Garfield, #4)
  • Garfield Takes the Cake (Garfield #5)
  • Garfield Eats His Heart Out (Garfield Classics #6)
  • Garfield Sits around the House (Garfield, #7)
  • Garfield Tips the Scales (Garfield, #8)
  • Garfield Loses His Feet (Garfield Classics #9)
  • Garfield Makes It Big (Garfield, #10)