Start by marking “Incorruptible, Vol. 4” as Want to Read:
Incorruptible, Vol. 4

Incorruptible, Vol. 4

(Incorruptible #4)

The flip side of Mark Waid's Eisner and Harvey Award-nominated series IRREDEEMABLE The world's most notorious supervillain-turned-superhero, Max Damage, returns to Sky City, the scene of the Plutonian's first slaughter... and finds that being a superhero is more difficult than he could ever have imagined. Max has to team up with his old enemies, the superhero team the ...more
Published July 5th 2011 by BOOM! Studios

To ask other readers questions about Incorruptible, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Incorruptible, Vol. 4

Start your review of Incorruptible, Vol. 4
Jeff
Feb 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comix
Poor Max Damage!

He’s really working hard to be good, but those outside his small coterie of pals still aren’t buying into his reformed villain turned hero routine.

Max has been devoting all his time and energy to taking down the rogue hero/mass murderer, The Plutonian, so what will happen when that task has been taken out of his hands? Even his pals aren’t sure how he’ll react.

No worries Max, Ralph Waldo Emerson believes in you. He wrote essays and stuff that real smart people read.

He’s (Max
Julio Bonilla
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it
The animation looks cartoony. I.e. Max Damage looks like Bruce Wayne from "Batman/Superman," late 90s! HILARIOUS!
Gavin
Jul 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I didn't love the art in this book, but I did like where the story went. Max finds out, like the rest of the world, that Plutonian is captured and imprisoned by aliens, and the world is 'safe'. That safe world includes his allies: Headcase, who still acts like one, and may be going off the deep end; Plutonian's former girlfriend, Alana Patel (who might not actually be the ally he thinks her to be); Armdale, the cop on the wagon, the only sober guy left seemingly; and...the Paradigm?

The Paradigm
Alan
Jul 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Mark Waid continues his solid story telling of Max Damage's redemption trail. Damage might be holding himself to a higher standard than the heroes and politicians who survived the Plutonian's mass murder spree. Max is willing to make hard decisions even if means putting a current friend in an institution or taking down old friends. And, he seems to be seeing the big picture better than the heroes when it comes to helping the survivors.
Jacob
Feb 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-books
Interesting twist. Still a solid exploration of a villain trying to do good.
JB
May 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Almost really good, ultimately feels like wasted potential. Intended to be a limited series, but comes off as though there was not an intended direction for the series. Spends way too much time on an antagonist that makes no sense for the setting. Mainly fun for the clever world-building. Has really no effect on the primary series this is a spin off of, so you can read Irredeemable in its entirety before starting this series (there was a crossover, but it carries nothing from this series over to ...more
B
Dec 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed
I thought this volume may have been the best yet. There's some real momentum and a tie to Irredeemable. It also seems like the main thrust of the story has been temporarily put away. So it will be interesting to see how Waid kills time.

(view spoiler)
Wing Kee
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Poor character development and story make for a boring read.

World: The art is good, I love the slightly stylized art giving the world and characters more character. The world building this time around had it's moments. Tying the main series with this one was good and gave the world a much larger feel. But that's all in terms of world building. The stuff with the rich is pointless and boring.

Story: So far this series has been quite enjoyable because of the quality of the writing. It's still not
Rosa
Apr 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
M
Aug 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Things take a twisted turn in the 4th installment of the Incorruptible series. Despite continuing his road to redemption, Max is facing a city falling apart around him. Plutonian's ex, Alana Patel, has taken it upon herself to be his moral compass. His new partner Annie - going by Headcase now - is showing severe signs of depression and insanity as she loses herself in the crime-fighting gig. Even worse, Plutonian's old hero team, the Paradigm, has shown up to either arrest Max or force him onto ...more
***Dave Hill
Sep 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: illustrated
Max Damage is figuring out the master plan to defeat the mad hero, the Plutonian. But what happens when his crazy, homicidal sidekick turns out to be ... well, crazy and homicidal. Or when the heroes of the world don't think Max should be offered a chance to reform? Or when the Plutonian gets taken care of by other means? Will Max return to being a villain ...?

This series is maintaining its creative steam better than "Irredeemable" -- even if the art is mediocre and space-consuming, and the book
When I saw that they were expanding Irredeemable into another book, I worried that Waid would dilute the story with too much tie in. But this book was actually really good, and can be read without Irredeemable (though an understanding of that world make this story better). I was really drawn in by Max Damage and he is a really well done character and I am also enjoying the character of Armadale. I'm on the fence about Jailbait - she is a bit thin right now but she has potential to rise above the ...more
Shannon Appelcline
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Just as Irredeemable was spinning off in crazy directions that suggested it'd run too long, Waid's Incorruptible hits its height. It's all about character, and Waid shows us new depths of character for Max, Alana, and Annie, and it's entirely intriguing. It's also nice to see Max interact with the larger world in the form of the Paradigm, to help draw the whole saga together.
Craig
Dec 18, 2011 rated it it was ok
Bleah...sophomoric artwork and a sketchy story that wouldn't be worthy of print if the writer didn't own the company. Guess I'll keep reading as long as I'm this far in, but this is really disappointing.
Chris
Apr 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Another solid entry in the ongoing tale of Max Damage's redemption. I particularly enjoyed the crossover elements from the Plutonian's story in Irredeemable and the inclusion of his former teammates the Paradigm.
Blair Conrad
Jan 07, 2012 rated it liked it
I read 3 and 4 in a rush and can't distinguish them now. Seeing Paradigm was kind of fun, and the Alana-Max dynamic may turn out to be interesting, but mostly I was bored by the White Supremacist angle. And the art has really gone downhill. I'll keep reading, but I hope it gets better again.
Juan Jose
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
The art is not great but the story is good.
Bevans
Jul 29, 2011 added it
Seems to be getting better, after it floundered a bit.
James
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comicbooks
Good.
Roman Colombo
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: boom
I am really enjoying seeing how Max develops. Art still pops nicely too.
Timothy Boyd
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
As the Incorruptible series heads to the end of the run the great storyline continues. Very recommended
Skriblerus

• Bloodshot, Volume 4: H.A.R.D. Corps
  • The Boys, Volume 12: The Bloody Doors Off
  • The Boys, Volume 11: Over the Hills with the Swords of a Thousand Men
  • The Boys, Volume 10: Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker
Mark Waid (born March 21, 1962 in Hueytown, Alabama) is an American comic book writer. He is best known for his eight-year run as writer of the DC Comics' title The Flash, as well as his scripting of the limited series Kingdom Come and Superman: Birthright, and his work on Marvel Comics' Captain America.

Incorruptible (7 books)