Start by marking “Dagon's Blood” as Want to Read:
Dagon's Blood

Dagon's Blood

4.92  ·  Rating details ·  12 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
The Jacobite Rebellion of 1745 Scotland casts its great shadow over the land, irrevocably changing the course of Lady Leigha Clairemont’s young life when her home is attacked and her father, a known Jacobite, is killed by invading English soldiers. Taken captive by the commander, Captain Simon Montieth, she escapes and leaves the man for dead, a man who will not stay down. ...more
Published (first published October 28th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Dagon's Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dagon's Blood

Lissette
Jul 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I recently got the chance to read an arc of this book and I must say that I've enjoyed it immensely. Virginia Lee pens such an enticing, heart-wrenching tale that it's hard to put the book down once you've started reading it.

At the beginning, I didn't like Simon Montieth that much when he decided to try and have his way with Lady Leigha Clairemont. At times, I wanted to reach into the book and tug on his hair to make him see reason. Yet I am glad that he was not the cold, heartless man that he s
Tarrin Lupo
Aug 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fantastic read! It starts of with a bang and does't ever stop. I was hesitant about taking on a book this long, but I quickly realized I was flying through it because it flowed so well. I also enjoyed learning all about the Jackobite Revolution in such detail. Very few authors write about this time period and I want to give Kudos to Mrs. Lee for bringing it to life. The Heroine was likable and I enjoyed her interaction between her and her suitors. I also assume Mrs. Lee has spent some ...more
Juju
Feb 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the best books I have ever read it has love and action what more could you ask for. I could not put the book down. I recommend this book to everyone I know and even people I don’t know. I can’t wait to read the next one.
Marta Moran Bishop
Dec 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Virginia Lee’s has written a marvelous tale of love and betrayal in her novel Dagon’s Blood. Set amidst the Jacobite Rising/Rebellion of 1745, in Scotland, she takes us on an adventure worthy of the epic tales of old.

Weaving us in and out of the politics of Scotland and England, at the time when Bonnie Prince Charlie’s bid for the throne tears Scotland in two. The lovely Lady Leigha Clairmont becomes embroiled in adventure, with the war on her doorstep.

Virginia Lee research of the era is so meti
Bard Jongleur
May 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you’re looking for a great romantic read, look no farther than “Dagon’s Blood.” You’ll find dashing men with hearts of gold, and a villain whose deceit and treachery curdled my blood. Then there’s Leigha, a heroine whose beauty and passion for life are so intoxicating, she captures heart and soul the men she meets, from seasoned soldier to cutthroat pirate.

With meticulous research, from the events surrounding the Jacobite rebellion to the foods and dishes of Scotland, Lee evokes the time and
M.E. Franco
Jun 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dagon's Blood is a beautifully written epic period romance. Set in 1745 around the time of the Jacobite rebellion, the story follows Leigha Clairemont whose father's involvement in the rebellion changes Leigha's life forever. Forced to flea her home and seek protection from a family friend, Leigha finds love. As the conflict between Scotland and England continues to escalate, Leigha is ripped away from her new life and is forced on a trip that turns into an adventure filled with danger and heart ...more
Dannie Hill
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DAGON’S BLOOD by Virginia Lee is an epic historical romance set in Scotland during the Jacobite period in which Charles Stuart(Bonnie Prince Charles) tries to regain the throne of Scotland.

Virginia Lee paints beautiful pictures with her words and brings Leigha Clairemont to life. Leigha suffers tragedy when her father is killed and all her possessions are seized.

She is taken in by longtime family friend Lord Dagon and her life begins to change as she finds love and contentment. Leigha’s world is
Marie
May 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I read this book on the recommendation of a friend and I must say I am pleased that I did. From the very first page you are drawn in to the spirit of the heroin Leigha Claremont.

The first chapter had me shooshing my husband as not to interrupt my joy and from then on it was all I could do to not put this book down. I started reading it while on vacation in Las Vegas and was hard pressed to join my husband and friends in their fun because all I could think about was how my new favorite heroin wou
Jan L.
May 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A breathtaking, exhilarating journey across continents, written with knowledge and passion. Virginia Lee has researched her history thoroughly and her characters are brought to life with a brilliance.

As advertised, this is an incredibly good book - believe all the hype and purchase it immediately!

I bought this book on the strength of previous reviews and am pleased to say I was not disappointed.

The writer captivates her audience and weaves such magic with her words. The characters are well forme
Laura Thomas
Mar 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dagon's Blood grabs hold of you and never lets go. After reading this book i remembered why I loved romance.
Set in the mid 1700's during the conflict of Scotland and England,the lovely Lady Leigha and her three virile suitors take you on a historical journey of tragedy and triumph.
Virginia Lee writes with such emotion and paints extraordinary pictures. I could tell by her descriptions that she knew her history and she applied it to her story with a flourish.
I was left glowing when i finished rea
Virginia Lee
Jan 15, 2017
Sammy Sutton
Feb 24, 2012
1 follower
Virginia is an illustrator of several children’s books, including 'Persephone' and 'The Frog Bride', She has sculpted for film as well as numerous of her own surreal characters and enjoys painting atmospheric, fantastical landscapes . Her specialty lies in conveying mythic transformations and revealing the hidden depths of the psyche in her own uniquely symbolic way. She is inspired by nature, lan ...more