Start by marking “Frognapped” as Want to Read:
Frognapped

Frognapped (Araminta Spook #3)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  754 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
When something's amiss in Spookie House, there's usually only one person to blame--Araminta. But this time she had nothing to do with the disappearance of Barry Wizzard's frogs, and she is determined to find them. Of course, it's not going to be that easy, especially when dealing with a crazy character named Old Morris, a dangerous shark, and a demanding aquarium show audi ...more
Published October 6th 2009 by Katherine Tegen Books (first published 2006)

Dion Yulianto
Saat kau kecil, pernahkah kau merasa sepertinya orang-orang dewasa itu sangaaaaatttt membosankan dan sangggaaaaattt suka menghakimi? Seperti itulah yang tengah dialami Araminta di Spookie House. Saat kepala besi Tuan Horace bergulingan di tangga, bibi Tabby akan berteriak memanggilnya. Saat kelelawar besar Paman Drac hilang, dia juga yang disuruh mencarikan. Dan kali ini, giliran kodok-kodok penari milik Barry Wizzard yang hilang, dan Araminta teteup saja menjadi pihak eh anak yang disalahkan. ...more
Ira Book Lover
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Buku yang sangat menyenangkan untuk dibaca XD

Kodok Barry hilang. Araminta yang disalahkan. Well, padahal Araminta sama sekali tidak tahu kemana perginya kodok-kodok tersebut.

Paman Drac juga tersiksa karena ada perawat galak yang menyuruhnya belajar berjalan pasca kecelakaan yang mengakibatkan kedua kaki Paman Drac patah. Padahal Paman Drac cuma ingin istirahat dan membuat rajutan.

Sebuah kecelakaan kecil menyebabkan Wanda yakin kalau kodok-kodok tersebut diculik. Araminta akhirnya memutuskan untu
Dolly
Oct 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the third book in the Araminta Spookie series by Angie Sage. I discovered this book at our local library and thought it might be a fun, spooky read for our oldest. She loved it and has read through the entire series very quickly. Now I'm just trying to catch up.

This story centers on Araminta and Wanda's efforts to rescue Barry's stolen frogs and recover Sir Horace's lost treasure chest. The story is entertaining and exciting. It's an easy read and I really enjoyed reading it. I'm lookin
Heather Collins
I read this with my 7 year old daughter. It was a fun read, but I would have greatly preferred if the author had left out the word "stupid" which was used way too many times, and the reference "dim-witted" that described the other main character in the book. We don't use the word stupid, so it was just something I had to filter out many times in the book.
Stephanie
2.5 out of 5. A bit short on empathy. Silly enough that my 7-year old enjoyed it, but not sure there were any positive take-aways.
Kendrick
Mar 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kendrickshao 4/21/10
Frognapped: by Angie sage
This book was about a girl named Araminta and a girl named Wendy and they live together but they are not family. In the book there is also person named Barry he lives in the same house as Araminta and he trains his frogs to do acrobatics but, one day Barry’s frogs had gone missing so Barry right away said “Araminta where did you put my frogs.” So then Araminta and Wendy started up their own little detective agency to find those frogs. When Araminta
Alvina
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Aku akan memulai operasi Agen Detektif Spookie. AKu akan menjadi chief detektif dank au bisa menjadi anak buahku

Barry kehilangan katak katak kesayangannya. Araminta yang mengetahui hal ini segera mengajak Wanda untuk menjadi detektif dan menemukan katak katak tersebut. Pada saat yang bersamaan dengan hilangnya para katak, ada perawat baru untuk membantu Paman Drac. Kecurigaan Araminta pun muncul, pasti perawat itu yang menculik katak katak Barry. Penyelidikan pun dilakukan. Petunjuk mengarah ke
Donald Scott
I usually try children's fiction on occasion, but something about Angie Sage's Araminta Spookie and Wanda Wizzard (and the other characters) keeps me coming back for more. Probably my favorite in the series, Frognapped finds Araminta - think Wednesday Addams, but with more personality and droll sarcasm - finds herself under suspicion when the trained acrobatic frogs of Barry Wizzard - Wanda's father - go missing. Known for her practical jokes, this was one Araminta didn't pull off, so forming a ...more
cindy
petualangan ke-3 araminta (+wanda).

awal ceritanya rada2 ngeselin ini. gara2 kekepoannya, segala hal yg salah di rumah spookie, pasti araminta yg jd tertuduh utamanya. dr jatuhnya kepala sir horace sampai hilangnya si kelelawar besar paman drac. meskipun sering memang benar dmkian, tp jangan nuduh gitu dunk #eeehhh

nah, waktu katak bernyayi barry wizzard raib, tebak siapa yg pertama ditanyai.... araminta lagi kan. pdhl suer, kl ini minty benar2 tidak terlibat. demi membuktikan kebersihan namanya,
Ana
Oct 18, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Araminta Spookie dan sidekicknya, Wanda Wizzard sedang dalam misi: menemukan kodok-kodok akrobat milik Barry Wizzard, ayah Wanda Wizzard. Misi detektif itu mereka telusuri sungguh-sungguh, sampai-sampai Araminta dan Wanda harus menghadapi berbagai macam hal berikut:
1. hampir dimakan ikan hiu di laut
2. menyelinap ke dalam tenda sirkus yang aneh
3. turun ke dalam sebuah ruangan bawah tanah yang ternyata di dalamnya ada suara tanpa wujud!
dan lain-lain..

dibantu oleh hantu berbaju zirah yang setia, Si
zapkode
{My thoughts} – Araminta and Wanda are on yet another nice little adventure. This time they are questing to find Wanda’s dads missing frogs. Apparently his frogs have gone missing and Araminta is the first to be blamed. However, she didn’t take them so she’s decided to open up a detectives agency in an attempt to try and find them for him.

Their quest leads them lots of different places, eventually Araminta discovers where they might really be. She ends up requesting the help of Sir Horace and he
Ladiibbug
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#3 Araminta Spooky series - Children's Book

Wanda and her parents, Barry and Brenda, are now living with Araminta, Uncle Drac (and his bats) and Aunt Tabby. Barry brings his pet frogs, who are trained to do perform a number of dazzling tricks. When the frogs are suddenly go missing, Ariminta launches the Spooky Detective Agency, and turns to her friend Wanda for help.

The delightful adventures include silly knitted hats, sharks, more new-to-explore secret tunnels and passages, a Fish Frolics show
Alejandra torres
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In my opinion, Frognapped is a great book because the author Angie Sage made the book very funny, mysterious, and something you think about through out the book. I am able to relate to Araminta because she fights with Wanda, just like I fight with my sister Jasmin.She fights with Wanda because Wanda gets Araminta into trouble. BIG TIME. When Araminta really does nothing ,it's all Wanda that does the trouble, just like my sister. I thought about the book I read and it had a lot of solving mysteri ...more
Keeley (ABibliophilesJourney)
Frognapped In book three of the Araminta Spookie series, Araminta is accused of misplacing Barry Wizzard's (Wanda's father) circus frogs. He has five frogs that can perform a bunch of tricks and now they have gone missing. Araminta is immediately blamed for anything that goes wrong in Spookie House, so instead of fighting against Barry she decides to set off to find the frogs and bring them back. Little did she know that that would require her to break into Morris FitzMaurice's property to do so ...more
Tasneem
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Angie Sage. And the sad thing is that I had not heard of her until recently when her daughter happened to mention that her mother was a writer and showed me first editions of her books. Well now, I've since got the books out of the library and fallen in love. What a fantastic story-teller.
Araminta is such a fab heroine and her motley family and mad-cap adventures are divine. Funny, clever, witty and just plain enjoyable. A must read for children and those who adore children's literature.
Mindy
Apr 01, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Summary:
Usually Araminta gets blamed when something's amiss in Spookie House. But this time she had nothing to do with the disappearance of Barry Wizzard's frogs, and she is determined to find them. It's not going to be that easy, especially when dealing with a crazy character named Old Morris, a dangerous shark, and a demanding aquarium show audience. Can Araminta find the frogs and steal the show?

Review:
Of course I liked this one - it contains frogs!!
Sheila Ruth
Dec 31, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Frognapped is a really cute and fun book for elementary-age readers. It's book 3 of a series, but it works just fine without having read the first two. Araminta's hijinks are amusing and evoke the imaginative play of elementary kids. The humorous and lightly gothic illustrations by Jimmy Pickering perfectly complement the text.
Aliaa
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i liked it , being Araminta to any body might be irritating and some how could sadden some people , but being Araminta to Araminta is quite fun in a twisted way full of spiders and slime and knitting vampires some times .. but it also tells that detective work may pay off ..and it doesn't have to be money .. some times friendship is much a bigger reward .. oh and enjoy the spooky fish show ..
Robert
Mar 07, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Araminta Spook, having been a ghost-hunter and a Birthday Present Questor in the first and second volumes of the series, respectively, this time becomes a Private Dectective. She has her own sidekick in the shape of Wanda and the pair attempt to solve the mystery of the frognapped...frogs! Much amusing chaos ensues.
Miss Ryoko
As usually, really liked it! All the same praises I've give for the other Araminta books I give to this one too! And my students really loved this series. They're really bummed we don't have time to read the 4th and 5th ones too.
Little Miss and the Legomeister
I read this one out loud to Little Miss as part of her bedtime stories. (Legomeister plowed through it in what seemed like half an hour.) It was fun to read, light but interesting with quite a few funny spots. Little Miss loves it.
Safyre
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the best book read so far i love it its amazing cause there where a lot of silly things and there are cool names like Araminta and Wanda and uncle Drac and aunt Tabby and nurse Watkins and Brenda and old Morris and ALOT of other COOL stuff and that is why i LOVE this book so much

Safyre
Beth A.
Bill Tillman
I want to be ten again and hang with Uncle Drac. Araminta Spookie, solves the case of the missing frogs, does a WaterWonderland show. A ghost shark finds a treasure and so much more. A octopus and fish hat become a big hit.
Samantha
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ariminta's BFFs dad is wondering who stole his frigs. whenever anything is missing in Spookie house, they always blame Ariminta. well, her BFF and her go on a hunt for the frogs, but do they find them? or did something bigger eat them for breakfast.....
mandyfujita
Feb 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice mystery to find out where Barry's acrobatic frogs are. Araminta Spookie and her new friend Wanda Wizzard are both involved in finding Barry find his 5 frogs. Old Morris and Nurse Watkins are prime suspects. A more complicated plot than the previous two books. Very enjoyable.
Cierra Branch
Oct 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is great you will like it even if you have a good imagination!!!!!!!!!
Kim
Funny and cute.
Nina
Aug 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
3,5/5*
  • The Sorcerer’s Quest (The Sorcerer’s Saga, #1)
  • The Icy Hand (Something Wickedly Weird, #2)
  • Venom of the Serpent's Cunning (Andy Smithson, #2)
  • Pure Dead Wicked (Pure Dead, #2)
  • Gauge (The Dragons of Wayward Crescent, #2)
  • Escape from Castle Cant
  • The Last Enchanter  (Celestine Chronicles #2)
  • Soul Stealer (The Alchemist's Son #2)
  • Graham the Gargoyle #1: Graham's Grief
  • Ghostly Guardian (The Demon Isle Witches, #1)
  • The Dragons Revenge (Tales from the New Earth, #2)
  • How to Slay a Dragon (The Journals of Myrth, #1)
  • The Dragon of the Dolomites
  • Unhappily Ever After (The Librarian, #2)
  • The Curse of the Thrax (Bloodsword Trilogy, Book 1)
  • Data Runner (Data Runner #1)
Angie Sage (born 1952) is the author of the Septimus Heap series which includes Magyk, Flyte, Physik, Queste, Syren, Darke and Fyre. She also wrote the Todhunter Moon series, and the Magykal Papers, an additional book with extra information about Septimus' world. She is also the illustrator and/or writer of many children's books, and is the new writer of the Araminta Spookie series.

Angie Sage grew
More about Angie Sage...

Araminta Spook (7 books)
  • My Haunted House (Araminta Spookie, #1)
  • The Sword in the Grotto (Araminta Spookie, #2)
  • Vampire Brat (Araminta Spookie, #4)
  • Ghostsitters (Araminta Spookie, #5)
  • Gargoyle Hall (Araminta Spookie, #6)
  • Skeleton Island (Araminta Spookie, #7)