Start by marking “Queen of Babble In the Big City (Queen of Babble, #2)” as Want to Read:
Queen of Babble In the Big City (Queen of Babble, #2)

Queen of Babble In the Big City (Queen of Babble #2)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  25,304 Ratings  ·  906 Reviews
Lizzie Nichols is back, pounding the New York City pavement looking for a job, a place to live, and her proper place in the universe.

When 'Summer Fling' Like uses the L word (Living Together), Lizzie is only too happy to move in with the love of her life in his mother's Fifth Avenue pied-a-terre.

But Lizzie's not as lucky in her employment search. As her best friend Shari f
Published 2007 by Pan Books

To ask other readers questions about Queen of Babble In the Big City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen of Babble In the Big City

Sara
This book truly annoyed me!! The second book of the series completely ruins the story of the first. When an author writes the perfect romantic story, with a great happy ending, why do they have to go and destroy everything with a second and a third book?!
I really liked the utter romance of the first book, and I wish I left it there, as the author should have.
If you were swept away by the French romance of book number one my advice is not to read this one, it will just spoil the story.
And the
Melannie :)
Mar 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
I don't think I'll be able to marry, attend a wedding, or listen to Taylor Swift's
'Speak Now', ever again without thinking of this book.

This book was fairly fantastic, like all by Meg,
what I loooooooove the most about her books is that the characters are always SO real,
like they could easily be you, or someone you know,
and this book's heroine, Lizzie, is pretty much every woman I've known,

Yeah, you might not admitt it, but we all have a Lizzie Nichols inside,
a girl that feels like she is not cut
BookCupid
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Strangely, meeting prince charming and moving in to New York city with him, did not turn Lizzie's life into a fairy tale. The only job she can find in her field doesn't pay, her best friend Shari's behavior has become unbearable and to make matters worse, the prince does not want to commit.

Regardless of all the chaos, Cabot is able to kept up a humorist tone in the story and grant the reader a crazy cliffhanger. Loved it!!
Anne-Michelle
Oct 05, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I think I'm officially over Meg Cabot. I enjoyed a couple of books in one of her series, but now that I've read 4 books by her, I've found that they're all based on the same story, and they always have the same ending. By the time I got to this book I was able to predict the ending and storyline based on the other books I've read, and they're just not as much fun anymore.

This was the first time I "read" a book by listening to it on audio disc, and it was pretty boring. Maybe the last 45 minutes
Musiquedevie
Sep 12, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely and extremely disappointed in this novel to say the least. For the majority of it I loved it and even was starting to prefer it to the original - which I loved!! This book is a fast read and one I was genuinely enjoying before the end of the book where Meg seems to take every character and demolishes anything likeable and enjoyable about them.

If I wanted to read crappy soap opera-like books, I'd read them. The ending definitely left a horrible, bad taste to this reader. After reviewi
Courtney
Feb 29, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
I loved the first Queen of Babble book...but ultimately, there is no where for chick lit to go but marriage and the rigors of planning a wedding. Having read it all before, I was a little frustrated and bored with Lizzie Nichols, the aforementioned Queen of Babble, a blabber-mouth and vintage fashion fiend.

The second book returns Lizzie to the States, after meeting Luke--a former investment banker and "prince" with a chateau and vineyard in France. Of course Lizzie encourages him to follow his
Ambs ❤❤
Are you kidding me? That's how it's going to end!

description

Ok, so I liked this story, although it took me forever to read (no fault to Meg Cabot's writing/story). I was so happy that finally on page 296 what I was hoping and praying for finally happens. Only to have it potentially ripped away on page 307. Holy cliff-hanger Batman!

I'd recommend this book if you read Queen of Babble and enjoyed it. Otherwise I don't think you'd get the same feel for the characters.
The first 1/2 of this one just drug on and on for me. Then the second 1/2 (mostly from when she got what would be her big break in her chosen field), it was pretty good. But I don't buy the Chaz thing. I think that was all "I'm sad, drunk, at a wedding on new year's and now I'm horney." I didn't see any kind of connection between the two of them prior to that. Then to have Luke jump from no future to marry me, I don't buy it. I could see some kind of promise ring maybe, I don't know. But that wa ...more
Sashana
I won't give this book a long review. It wasn't a bad book, but it's not memorable either. Meg Cabot is a good writer but she really needs to start developing her characters more. Once again this book wasn't bad, just predictable and the characters showed no growth from book one to book two.
Meg
It was good to listen to in the car because yelling at all the idiots in this book kept me from yelling at all the idiots on the turnpike.
Angela
Sep 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
A great fun read with an unforgettable heroine.
Nasty Lady MJ
To see series review click here.

See, a lot of people really hate the third book in this series but to me the second book is the worst. I mean, by the third book you know that the series is headed for a train wreck but the second book really just sort of gives you whiplash because everything is just so different from the first book.

First there’s Lizzie, who I even think got dumber between books. I don’t know how she did that too, because she was almost at Bella Swan level of stupidity in the prev
Blodeuedd Finland

I do like chick-lit, it is always funny, sweet and totally silly, and a girl needs silly now and again.

This is the second book about Lizzie Nichols, in the last book she found her prince charming, and he is really a prince too, if one of many French ones. They are living together on 5th Avenue until she can find something with her friend Shari. She also wants to find a job working with what she loves, wedding dresses. Things do not go as she expected and she ends up living with Luke, working as
Namratha
Jul 19, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
A massive improvement on it’s prequel. Just when you begin to doubt the chick-lit prowess of the mighty Cabot, she thwacks you in your snarky face with ‘Queen of Babble in the Big City’ .

Scatterbrained, babble-prone Lizzie Nichols is back. She’s living with her boyfriend - Luke in a plush 5th Avenue Flat in the city of her dreams, New York. The expert on vintage clothes is bursting with enthusiasm and has that special-sheen which only a happily-ever-after scenario brings.

But just when you start
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
I really enjoyed reading this book, just as i enjoyed the first one, but i was so happy and glad that lizzy kissed chaz and i wish she is going to get married in the next book, it would be Chaz not luke, and the other thing i love is the fashion tips and informations, they are amazing! looking forword for the next one :)

In the second book, Lizzie moves to New York to fulfill her dream of becoming a wedding gown restorer. She is joined by her boyfriend Luke, who has recently joined medical school
Tina
Apr 10, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Not as good as Queen of Babble (#1), but still very enjoyable. Should be at least 3.5 stars.

Yeahs ::

* Same fun writing. Although, I didn't find myself laughing as much as I did with the first book in this series.
* All these vintage clothing and wedding dress refurbishing talk has me missing my sewing machine. This series has me tailoring my shirts that just sit in my closet because they fit funny.
* Shari's story twist. Saw this coming, but it was still a little shocker.
* Like the new characte
Carolyn
Jul 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read! This is my first read by this author, although it is the second book in this series. The main character, Lizzie Nichols must have been more of a gossip in the first book but has gotten much better.

Through events that must happen in the first book, Lizzie is now an aspiring wedding dress shop alternator (she likes to take really old wedding dresses and update them, she also find fun vintage clothing for herself), but cannot find a paying job now that she has just moved to the Big City,
Rachel
Jul 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, chick-lit
Queen of Babble in the Big City is book two of Meg Cabot's Queen of Babble. This review assumes that you have read the first book, Queen of Babble, and may have spoilers for it if you haven't.

The beginning of this book finds Lizzie moving to New York City to pursue her dream of becoming a certified wedding dress restorer. Luke is also in New York City pursuing his dream of becoming a doctor. The two of them move into Luke's mother's apartment together while she is living in France with Luke's fa
Georgiann Hennelly
Lizzie Nichols is back, this time in New York city , looking for an apartment and a job. When summer fling Luke uses the L word as in living together . Lizzie is all to happy to give up on her plan to share an apartment with best friend Shari. But Lizzie is not so lucky in her employment search.As Shari finds the perfect job, Lizzie struggles through one humiliating interview after another either she is over qualified or under qualified for her chosen field of work -vintage - gown -rehab. Shari, ...more
Susanne
I found this one in a second hand bookstore and was a bit skeptical since I was no fan of the first book in this series. However, I got ill and wanted to read something light and there it was. I really liked it! The start of this book is a bit slow, but it turns out to be an entertaining book. Lizzie Nichols is a very endearing heroine. I read it from cover to cover the first time and bought the last one which I love love love. However, reading it for a second time I didn't enjoy it that much. I ...more
♥ Marlene♥
Sep 20, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ♥ Marlene♥ by: sunlightbub
Shelves: chick-lit, fiction
on Saturday, July 12, 2008

Weirdly enough I liked this book even better than the first one. I can't say why but it kept me intrigued. I liked the little stuff about wedding dresses, (more than the extras in the first book) .
All and all I liked this book so much I tried to buy book 3 . Queen of Babble gets hitched. Alas it is not yet available here. There is a Belgium shop where I could order it but it would cost me 19 euros.
Then I did a search and I ordered it online through a new online store:
Jennah
Nov 25, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone looking for a humorous but not to deep book
Teresa
Jul 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: at-home
Cute, chick-lit, light dessert (perhaps a like slice of angel food cake versus double-chocolate lava extravaganza). It does have an annoying (trait, characteristic, feature). Throughout the book, I felt like I was shouting "don't be an idiot, leave him". It's a very predictable story. Fluff, like I said.
Alison
Aug 13, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Princess Diaries growing up, but unfortunately did not translate into loving this more adult book. Lizzy is not only pretty annoying, but also SO desperate to please her man that I lost all respect for her. It also ended very abruptly - I actually checked to make sure that the last pages weren't ripped out of my library copy. They weren't. That's the actual ending.
Sep 01, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was okay, but it took me about 3/4 of the way to really get into it. AND there will be a third book about Lizzie, becuase that is just the way it ended. Not the best book by Meg Cabot. I wish she'd find a new character to write about. I'd have much rather read a book about two of the minor characters in this book!

It was an okay book, though, as are all by this author.
Pam Meneses
Jun 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun and easy read, Meg Cabot never fails to provide comic relief whenever I'm feeling blah. I love her characters and Lizzie Nichols is no exception.
Winter Sophia Rose
Witty, Engaging & Fun! Loved It!
Amy
Aug 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not nearly as good as the first book in the series.
Ellenjsmellen
Mar 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable. I love Lizzie. My favorite of the 3 books.
Jessica
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was slow to start for me but by the end I loved it!
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Queen of Babble in the Big City 1 5 Dec 01, 2012 02:05PM
What the Cabot? *SPOILERS* 4 130 Apr 22, 2012 08:56PM
  • Little Lady, Big Apple (The Little Lady Agency, #2)
  • Slightly Married (Slightly, #4)
  • Love You to Death
  • Lady of Skye
  • Forget About It
  • Misery Loves Cabernet (Charlize Edwards, #2)
  • How to Teach Filthy Rich Girls
  • The Sleeping Beauty Proposal
  • Under the Rose (Secret Society Girl, #2)
  • The Art of French Kissing
  • Monkey Business
  • Why Girls Are Weird
  • Call Waiting
  • Passion, Betrayal And Killer Highlights (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #2)
  • Society Girls
  • Bachelorette #1
  • Dixieland Sushi

More about Meg Cabot...

Queen of Babble (3 books)
  • Queen of Babble (Queen of Babble, #1)
  • Queen of Babble Gets Hitched (Queen of Babble, #3)
“Someday you're really going to have to describe to me in more detail what life is like on the planet you live on. Because it sounds really great, and I'd like to visit there one day.” 266 likes
“I get accused all the time of having a big
mouth. But if you ask me, guys gossip way more than girls do.”
24 likes