Start by marking “Credo's Hope (Alex Wolfe Mysteries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Credo's Hope (Alex Wolfe Mysteries, #1)

Credo's Hope

(Alex Wolfe Mysteries #1)

Introducing Detective ALEXANDRA WOLFE, a fresh, funny, tough cop who skates on the edge of the law in her quest for justice. A Mafia boss, a hunky bi-sexual nurse, Alex’s rescued mutt, Tessa, and her exuberant best friend, MEGAN, help Alex turn her everyday life as a detective upside down.

Six years ago, Brian McClelland was murdered, and his brother was convicted of shoot
Published (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Credo's Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Credo's Hope

Diane
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good series!
A quirky,filled with lots of action,funny and interesting opening first series that involved some really good storytelling and writing -- recommended to everyone!
Lex Kent
4.25 Stars. This series is excellent! I was so hooked I read the first 3 books yesterday. I just could not stop reading them and had to force myself to take a little break before I read the next one. These are really well done mysteries.

Alex is a special crimes detective. She sort of works in the gray area, but her big heart makes her easy to root for. Trouble with a capitol T seems to find her wherever she goes. With a colorful cast of character around her, Alex does what it takes to get the m
Sally
Feb 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a fierce, feminist, and often funny entry into the realm of the police procedural. Nicely balanced between exploring the characters and advancing the plot, it hooks you early and keeps you coming back for more.

In many ways, the story follows the pattern set by ‘classic’ television cop dramas from the 80s and 90s:

1. You’ve got two seemingly mismatched partners: Alex is hot-tempered and quick to action, while Casey is more deliberate and determined to think things through
2. They're forced
Tara Chevrestt
Jan 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is the first in a new police detective series, the detective being a tough, but realistic woman named Alex. Her partner is another tough chick, Casey. Her boss is also a strong woman, Kate, and throughout the novel, one strong, remarkable, or ballsy woman after another enters the picture. There's Gina, a Mafia boss who smokes cigars and has people kidnapped. There's Megan, a dog trainer that usually gets her way and flashes her boobs at drive thru employees. (It's hillarious. You have to re ...more
Bonnye Reed
Apr 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
EBookDiscovery
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
Feb 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Credo's Hope is the first in an entertaining series featuring police detective Alexandra Wolfe. Part police procedural, part mystery with deft touches of comedy, this is a well written novel with an interesting story and likeable characters.
Alex, and her partner Casey, are called to a case where a prostitute has been shot, a young girl injured and the suspect is in the wind. It's going to take hard work and a bit of luck to track him down, but Alex can't resist her best friends plea to take on a
Mar 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is another awesome book by Alison Holt, she is going to be an author to watch. From the very first page I was hooked and it only took me a couple of hours to read this book as I couldn't put it down.

The characters were very well described and thought out that it added a lot of character to the novel. The humour within this novel is a genius and several times I found myself laughing out loud as I was reading this novel.

Overall a excellent read and I am looking forward to reading the next b
Baxter Trautman
Jul 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: lesbian
Girl cops, plenty of bad guys, handsome hunks and sexy ladies (including a mysterious female Mafia boss), lots of food, and dogs. What more could you want out of a police procedural? A tight plot, lots of good-natured humor, fast pace, and a satisfying end? “Credo’s Hope” delivers it all. An ex-cop, Holt is a PG-13, female Wambaugh. The first of Holt’s “Credo” novels earns all five stars. Thoroughly entertaining and highly recommended.
Yvonne
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great Story

How much more could any one person want or need than two best friends who would fight for them through thick and thin. Who shared the good times and bad times. Who love them each other more than life itself. And the mystery was terrific, funny and enjoyable. Great jobs. Holt.
Renaissance
May 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book!!! One of the best I've read in a while!! I Highly recommend it!!!
Kim Johnson
Sep 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book series is wonderful. I had a very hard time holding my bladder. Seriously. Parts of it are that funny. But then I am a bit twisted.
susan
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Busy but I loved it.

Alex had me laughing since page one. She is like a cat with nine lives. I loved how there was so much going on. B
A.be
May 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
The plot was ok, but the rest of the book was just terrible: the jokes weren't funny, the characters all behaved like 12yr-olds on steroids or something. I really liked her other book: 'The Door at the Top of the Stairs', so I don't know what happened here.

June
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was no holds down funny book with off the wall characters!!
Alex is a police officer with some fuzzy lines regarding how far she
can go in investigating cases espcially ones she has been told
"hands off".
Her best friend Megan (who is a character unto herself) begs
Alex to take on a case that looks like it is a dead end but the
man in jail on death row has a daughter who thinks otherwise.
When Alex starts to look into the case all kinds of crazy and wild
events occur with the laughs rolling in!!!
Patty
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think I have found my new favorite author! I will be reading all the books in this series. This puts me in mind of the Stephanie Plum series and I love them. I was laughing so much I had tears flowing. Alex is one of a kind and she gets the job done even if she goes against her bosses orders more times than not. She is friends with a mob don, dog trainer, and a very sexy bi-sexual male nurse. If you like great criminal books with some good ole humor you are in for a treat. I don't think this w ...more
terry decker
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

Credo’s Hope was great. The action was great. I absolutely love the characters! Detective Alex Wolfe is funny, honest, caring and will jump in there to aid those is need. Casey is Alex’s partner and the one always trying to get Alex to think before she speaks, even if the advice gets ignored. Kate is Alex’s Sargent and the one she drives nuts with the trouble Alex just seems to get involved in. There’s Alex’s new friend Mafia friend as well. This is a great crime solving team and an awesome begi
Evonne Hutton
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A funny but action packed mystery that will leave you breathless!
Well written with a good storyline
Uwe
May 05, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Completely chaotic detective in a special victims unit with a temper and some real nonsense behaviour. To much of it for me anyway, not the style of writing I like ........
Denise Whelan
It was an okay book, not the greatest! Others might like this book, but I didn't!
Michelle Le
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Read!

Absolutely loved this and Credos Legacy! Well written and enjoyable stories. Can't wait to read the next one. Thank you!
Marilyn
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good

This book is the first one in a series thats all about women in a police department.it a stand alone.
Barb
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Reading!!!

I enjoyed reading this book very much, great characters, great story line, funny. I look forward to reading the next book in this series. Thanks 🐕
1000 +
Oct 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Credo's Hope is a light read surrounding the life of a female detective named Alex Wolfe. Alex is quite a character, she's funny and gets herself into a lot of sticky situations. In this book she happens to find herself investigating a closed case that was actually closed by a Captain in the Police Department. As you can imagine that didn't sit too well with him.

The story was on the lighthearted side. Definitively not what I was expecting after having read her previous novel, The Door at the To
Leavethesky
Feb 18, 2012 rated it did not like it
I stopped reading this when a male nurse walked up behind our hardened detective main character (while she's on duty and visting an underage victim of domestic assault in the hospital, btw) and presses his erection into her backside. Rather than reacting with anger or even irritation (at the very least for making her look unprofessional), our detective blushes and gets excited by this public sexual harassment. No thanks.
Kennedy
Entertaining and funny! Like the characters. Is Gia really head of the Mob family? She makes it seem cool.
Dianne Garber
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A can't-put-it-down good read!

No dull moments in this murder mystery. Interesting characters from friends to colleagues to seedy criminals to "good" mafia. Entertaining.
Heidi
Nov 06, 2011
Deanne Kearns
Jun 08, 2014
Linda White
Jul 16, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
“If you don’t like to read, you haven’t found the right book.” – J. K. Rowling

Alison Naomi Holt is devoted to giving her readers strong female characters who go about life with zest and abandon. Whether they solve mysteries or fight epic fantasy battles, they all have one trait in common; they are people you'd love to call friend. Alison has worn many hats in her life and as a result, writes in se

Alex Wolfe Mysteries (4 books)
  • Credo's Legacy (Alex Wolfe Mysteries, #2)
  • Credo's Fire (Alex Wolfe Mysteries, #3)
  • Credo's Bones (Alex Wolfe Mysteries, #4)