Start by marking “Maddie Inherits a Cowboy” as Want to Read:
Maddie Inherits a Cowboy

Maddie Inherits a Cowboy

3.44  ·  Rating details ·  39 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews

No heat. No bed. And a cow...hanging from the rafters? What kind of ranch is this? No wonder Madeline's brother only sent pictures of the stunning Nevada landscape. He couldn't very well have convinced his family he was happy in this godforsaken place. But the cold outside is more bearable than the frosty partner she's inherited along with half of the ranch. Ty Hopewell. N
Published February 1st 2011 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published January 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Maddie Inherits a Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maddie Inherits a Cowboy

Fedora
Jul 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Madeline's brother Skip dies, leaving her half of a Nevada cattle ranch. Ty, owner of the other half, is not exactly welcoming. When she arrives unannounced to visit, the two get off to a poor start.

Ty is wracked by guilt and Madeline's got some secrets of her own. Ms Watt does an admirable job of showing the slow thaw between these two, and letting us see that they might actually get along after all.

Unfortunately the ending felt a little rushed to me, and a little too HFN rather than HEA, at le
Patricia
Not my favorite book. You have woman who seems to know everything and can do everything with no thought to another person. She did mellow out towards the end though and did become a better person.
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
This is the perfect story for readers who enjoy a well developed romance between a life weary cowboy and a stiff and proper city lady.

Madeline is a woman at a crossroads in her life. She’s coming to grips with the loss of her brother and the legacy he left behind for her. She is also under a heavy burden because everything she’s ever worked for and lived for is under the microscope and she could lose it all. That’s a lot for a woman to deal with and you’d think that was more than enough but the
Melissa
Feb 28, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, cowboy
A different take on a Western romance, but still, not as good as it probably could have been. I just couldn't really connect to the characters in this one, although I liked the theme.

Madeline is headed out to visit a ranch. A ranch that she inherited a share of when her brother died. It hasn't been doing as well financially, but that's not the real reason she's going. She needs to hideout for awhile as she's under investigation for academic misconduct. Even though she's not guilty, she still nee
Joy
Feb 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Maddie, an academic anthropologist with career problems, has inherited a half-share in a remote off-the-grid ranch from her brother. When it starts losing money she decides to inspect it and the other co-owner--the title cowboy, Ty, who is still haunted by survivor's guilt from the accident that killed Maddie's brother. How...fraught. No horses in this one, but an interesting veterinary practice involving a cow suspended from the rafters, Basque wine, and the oddities of living off the grid wher ...more
Jamie Michele
A beautiful tale of two unlikely people coming together to find love. I enjoyed the slow, gradual buildup, so much that I found the sex scene (which wasn't ill-timed, just perhaps more explicit than I'd expected) to be somewhat out of character with the tone of the rest of the novel. Nonetheless, I appreciated the author's restraint, and I was drawn in to the grim, solitary setting. Like all good SuperRomances, this love story unfolded naturally, with nary a missed step.
Nas Dean
Mar 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
MADDIE INHERITS A COWBOY by author Jeannie Watt is an emotional feel good story. I love a tortured hero and Ty Hopewell is tortured all the way.

It's a touching story of accidental death, guilt, suspicion, conspiracy at the highest levels of academia, and romance, mixed with everyday ranch life and is a compelling story you wont want to miss.

Jenny
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good story, well written,except for the last bit. I felt that the ending was rushed, though it a happy ending and all, it was as though they were counting the words and coming up to deadline.
M
Dec 28, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Most of it was good. It had a nice story and, even though the romance was VERY slow it kept me involved. The ending ruined the book though, with no real resolution and I think I liked them better as friends as opposed to lovers. Great book. Not such a great romance.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Home on the Ranch
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jeannie Watt lives off the grid in a historic Nevada ranching community with her husband, two horses, three ponies, a dog and a cat. When she's not writing or teaching science at the local junior high, she enjoys making mosaic mirrors, sewing, and pretending that the house is neat and tidy. She's written thirteen books for Harlequin Superromance.

Jeannie loves to hear from readers. Please contact h
More about Jeannie Watt...