Start by marking “The Country Mouse and the City Mouse; The Fox and the Crow; The Dog and His Bone” as Want to Read:

Board book, 21 pages
Published 1961 by Western Publishing Company

Be the first to ask a question about The Country Mouse and the City Mouse; The Fox and the Crow; The Dog and His Bone

Dee
Sep 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Any child.
Wonderful, whimsical stories that are perfect for even very young children.
Kevs Negrón
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one still resonates in a personal level!
Marjorie
89 cents
207-55
Antoinette Evans
Apr 20, 2015 rated it liked it
This delightful tale of a country and city mouse discovering new things together is beautifully tied together in The Country Mouse and the City Mouse; The Fox and the Crow; The Dog and His Bone. The main message of this book is that despite differences, there are always new perspectives and things to learn from others. The city mouse and country mouse are at odds to begin with, as are two different people with different perspectives, however through cooperation and friendship the two learn somet ...more
Denise
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
In our summer reading quest of country mouse vs city mouse, this is the second review in the books. We debated on this one 4 / 5 stars. Little said 5 mama said 4 ... so 4 1/2 would be the best ...

This story gave more about the scary part of the city for the country mouse visit. The mice were female,which while the 2nd in so many books for this summer, female mice have not been the norm in this story.

This book had more stories but we stayed just int he country and city.

You never know what is o
Jocelin
Feb 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Did a little babysitting tonight and I had this delightful little story read to me by my good friend's little 3 year old boy. He did a great job of conveying the spirit of the story. It was a great bedtime story and I loved having it read to me. This is the wonderful power of reading stories at bedtime; it releases the wonder of being a child and the true "magic" of imagination. Great read; sweet and simple.
Rebecca Snodgrass
Sep 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: animals, picture-book

The country mouse and the city mouse told a story about always trying something new even if you don't like it. It's okay. At least you tried it. The fox and the crow told a story about not always believing what you hear because it may be a lie. I didn't really like this story. The dog and the bone tells a story about not being greedy because it is never a good thing. Be happy with what you have.
Theresa Akins
I loved this 3 story-storybook when I was a kid in the sixties. I had one of those "TV's" where you put the film strip in and it showed a picture one frame at a time on the screen. The strip would advance on it's own and as it did, you put on a record to coincide with the pictures. I also read along with a book. And the book was this one! so cute. I wish I had it for my grandkids.
Markku Kesti
Ah niin nostalgista, mutta toisaalta ärsyttävän päälleliimattuja opetuksia, joissa ahneus ja turhamaisuus saavat palkkansa ja maalla on niiiin paljon paremmin asiat kuin kaupungissa. Ja paskat!
Mutta nostalgian voimin se toinen tähti.
S
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-fiction
Ryan Ford
Mar 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Talk about a page turner!
BC Batcheshire
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
A cute little jaunt with fairy animals by Scarry, with the moral usually attached to such fables.
Edma
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: per-femije-kids
quite funny and adorable.
Kristi
Nov 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-children
I read this one many times when I was little.
Siomara
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved the comparison between a country and city mouse. They had so much exploring new things together.
Jennifer Baratta
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great Learning to Read book.
Rachel
Jul 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book as a child.
Stephanie
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
great stories
This would make a lovely addition to anyone's personal library.
Lori
Oct 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: children, fiction
Like Aesop's fables, each story in this collection has a moral to teach a young reader. It's an easy recommendation to any parent.
Dimps
Feb 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
This is one of the first books I remember my parents reading to me when I was a child. I consider myself a "country mouse", however, I do like to visit the city. :)
Don Gubler
  • Frosty the Snow Man
  • The Fuzzy Duckling
  • Tawny Scrawny Lion
  • Tootle
  • Frosty the Snowman (Frosty the Snowman)
  • The Shy Little Kitten