Start by marking “A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2)

A Million Suns (Across the Universe #2)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  48,656 Ratings  ·  3,939 Reviews
Godspeed was once fueled by lies. Now it is ruled by chaos.

It’s been three months since Amy was unplugged. The life she always knew is over. Everywhere she looks, she sees the walls of the spaceship Godspeed.

But there may be hope: Elder has assumed leadership of the ship. He's finally free to act on his vision—no more Phydus, no more lies.

But when Elder learns shocking n
Published January 10th 2012 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about A Million Suns, please sign up.
Giana Mancina
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Mary If you count "frex" as a bad word, then yes. "frex" is their own version of a particular bad word. And it does talk about when a character was raped…moreIf you count "frex" as a bad word, then yes. "frex" is their own version of a particular bad word. And it does talk about when a character was raped but I wouldn't even consider it as bad. all it says is that she didn't stand chance. :) I hope this helped!(less)
YA Novels of 2012
1,327 books — 10,707 voters
Can't Wait Books of 2012
2,511 books — 15,774 voters

More lists with this book...

hayden
Jul 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I PRESENT: A REVIEW COMPRISED ENTIRELY OF GIFS

This is how I feel.

I would like to do this to Beth Revis.

This is what it's going to be like waiting for SHADES OF EARTH.

When SHADES OF EARTH comes out, I'll be like this.

Until SHADES OF EARTH comes out...
Steph Sinclair
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

I've been really eager to read A Million Suns for a while now. I'm a Sci-Fi geek and I'm not afraid to admit that.  (Hear that, Kennedy?! I'm owning that!) So I think, in a way, I am prone to getting swept away with this series. And just as with Across the Universe, I was immediately sucked into the story, walking around my house with my face glued to the book, sitting on the edge of my seat trying to figure out the mysteries surrounding Godspeed. Because if there is one
Emily May
Feb 13, 2012 rated it liked it

It's been a while since I finished Across the Universe and gave it a mostly positive review. Since then, I have changed a lot, read many more books, and my expectations and standards have become higher. As more and more time has been put between my finishing Across the Universe and starting A Million Suns, I've been wondering if I would be quite so forgiving of some of the issues I had in the first book if I were to read it again now. You see, despite the pretty sparkly covers, it is the charac
Ninoska Goris
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leido-2017, ya
Español - English

La posibilidad de la vida en otros planetas es un tema que siempre me ha apasionado. Recuerdo cómo años atrás era uno de mis temas de discusión favoritos.

Lo principal de estos libros me gusta: una nave llena de humanos, viviendo generación tras generación para llegar a un nuevo planeta.

Lo que no me gustan son los personajes principales. Elder tan indeciso en su forma de gobernar la nave, que ha hecho que la gente se revele contra el. Amy quiere que todas las cosas se hagan a s
Lola
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
I feel like nothing of what I read in the first book matters. Discovering some of Orion’s secrets was important, but a lot of the revelations turned out to be either wrong or unimpressive.

And yet, I still preferred the first book to this one. I loved the mystery, getting to know the characters and learning about the world-building, plus I found Amy’s inner thoughts lovely. In A MILLION SUNS, we realize that everything we’ve learned so far is incomplete or simply bad information.

This book focuses
Nicole
Jan 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, 2017
What I love the most about this book is the idea of it. Frozen people being transported to another planet, while others live on a spaceship and make sure it reaches the destination. I avoid sci-fi sometimes because I feel like they're dry, but this trilogy is not. I read Across the Universe a long time ago and dived in this book with only remembering the main plot and while I did enjoy it, I had many inconsistent thoughts about it. I'm not going into details since it's better to read this book n ...more
Juliana Zapata
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Una historia maravillosa, que atrapa desde la primera página, cada capítulo esta lleno de sorpresas y descubrimientos. Entre más avanzas mas quieres leer, mas cosas necesitas descubrir y mas metido estas en la historia.

Ya quiero leer el libro final de esta saga

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2015/0...
Whitney Atkinson
Mar 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Ariana
Sep 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
"And here we are, in the middle, surrounded by a sea of stars.
A million stars."

What an intriguing story.. in a way, even intriguingly sad.
This book finds us right where the first one left us. Somewhere between Sol-Earth and Centauri-Earth, suspended in time and space.

There is no more Phydus to control the people around the ship and they are quite out of control. People don’t work, people start to fight, they suffer from depression.
They start having feelings, they start thinking for themselves a
cht
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Your universe changed with book one.
Your heart stopped with book two.
And now, it's time to go home.
The journey is just beginning...
descriptiondescription
Silence and Stars.

A million things, a thousands feelings, hundreds of experiences, all melted together and sculpted into a book-shaped vessel.

The people are finally off Phydus, and now, the ship's in chaos.
Elder is now Eldest, the burden of responsibility weighed heavily on his shoulders.
Riots and the uprising of people. Rebellion. Fighting. Depression. Death.

Eldest
Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]
Luthe and Orion here they come!!!

From http://www.bethrevis.com/

Q: Can you tell us anything about the sequels?
Beth Revis: I can say this much about Book 2:

It’s called A MILLION SUNS
It takes place soon after ACROSS THE UNIVERSE
It does still focus on Amy & Elder -END

Nice detail about the book isn't it? lol
I LOVE THE TITLE thought!
Sercan Vatansever
4,5
İlk kitap bir yaz esintisi, bu kitapsa tam bir kasırga.

Kitabın ilk yarısı sıkıldım. Bence siz de benim bunu dememden sıkıldınız ama kimin umurunda? Benim değil. Evet art arda ilk yarısında kötü dediğim ama ikinci yarısında muhteşemleşen kitaplar okudum. (Bkz. Dikenlikler Prensi, Kızıl Yükseliş, Bir Milyon Güneş.)

Buradan ilk kitabı okuyup sevmeyenlere sesleniyorum (benim gibi): ilk kitap bunun yanında sıfır!
Yazar kurguyu buram buram hissettiriyor. O ilk kitapta 'gelişine yazılmış' hava tamamen
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Holy shit. I love this series SO MUCH. Gonna start book three immediately bc I NEED TO OKAY.
Melannie :)
Jan 31, 2011 is currently reading it
Shelves: most-anticipated
I can't wait to read about Elder taking the role of The Eldest,
and ohhh man! I don't think they should relax with Orion still alive,
and that Luthe guy has to be watched closely.

______________________

“Will you stay with me?” I whisper.
“Always.”

Elder & Amy ♥
Trina (Between Chapters)
Definitely better than the first book. Now that I know what to expect, this was fine. The writing and characters felt stronger than before, although I've been listening to this series on audiobook and the narrators were different so that could very well be due to them as opposed to the writing - I have a hard time separate writing from narration.

The story itself was more interesting to me as well. This book had more of a mystery to solve with clues to follow. I enjoyed that aspect, but I did fee
Julianna Helms
Goodness, this book, I-
I mean, I-
Well, I-
The thing is, this-
I CAN'T DO THIS. THIS IS TOO HARD. I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH I WANT TO HUG THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE RIGHT NOW. I CANNOT TALK COHERENTLY.

A masterpiece.

There.

Starred Review

Actual, full review: Original is here. (Note: Due to copy-and-paste, most formatting and links have been lost.)

Reading A Million Suns was like hugging the entire universe in its aggregated starry glory. Like soari
Elena
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'' Silence... and stars''

It's actually a big accomplishment for me, that I have finally picked this up. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the first one, but for some unknown reason I never continued on. Until now. And that's all because of my besties, who forced me to ! :P
And I'm so glad she did.
I freakin' loved the second installment. It was so much better than the first one!

The story itself is something I enjoy more than the characters. I like Elder, and I actually love Amy, even though
Reynje
Jul 11, 2011 rated it really liked it

**Note: Review contains spoilers for Across the Universe**

If you’ve read Across the Universe, you’ll be familiar with its intense and chilling first chapter – a powerful piece of writing that opened this YA sci-fi trilogy with a bang. While I enjoyed Across the Universe, for me, that claustrophobic induction into Amy’s point of view was its highest point. That said, I wanted to see where Revis was going to take the story next. Having left her characters and the Godspeed in something of
Yulitza Moncada
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ESTE LIBRO ES LA PERFECCIÓN, DIOS MIO NO PUEDEN IMAGINARSE LO BUENO QUE ES.

Beth Revis eres un diosa, A Million Suns es un libro maravilloso, extremadamente MARAVILLOSO, este libro fue una total montaña rusa de emociones, van a ver momentos en el que te vas a reir, momentos en el que literal se te va el alma del cuerpo, momentos hermosos y momentos espantosos, horribles, desastrosos, en este libro siento que mi amor por Elder aumento a muchos niveles, Amy aun sigue desesperándome un poco, en vari
Ferdy
Amy and Elder are adjusting to their new lives onboard Godspeed. With the death of Eldest, Elder has now taken the reigns and assumed leadership. Elder's decision to stop using Phydus - the drug that calms people down and makes them subservient - has awoken the people onborad on Godspeed. People have stopped working, resources are running low, there's violence, death and chaos. Elder spends much of his time trying to maintain order, keep the peace and diminish the flames of rebellion.
A
Lindsay Cummings
Jul 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
OH...MY...GOSH. This book...you guys... I am over the top excited to be able to review this book. I had no idea it would be heading to me in the mail, and when I got a package from Razorbill, I made myself SWEAR not to get too excited as I opened up the envelope. But there it was. A shiny, brand new copy of Across the Universe's sequel, for me, who probably tormented Beth Revis by sending her so many pictures and "holy crap Beth you're amazing" tweets. This was absolutely one of my most anticipa ...more
Colleen Houck
I just finished A MILLION SUNS on the plane from Boston to Portland and I wish there was more! Very much looking forward to the next and final book in the trilogy. Beth is awesome and her books are too. Love the slang! This book is so brilly!
Burak
Jun 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vay canına. Gerçekten! Uzun zamandır hiçbir kitap bu kadar baştan sona şaşırtmamıştı beni. ( Kılıçların Fırtınası hariç.) Bu kadın işi gerçekten biliyor. Umarım son kitapta batırmaz ve bu güzellikte giderse bitirmemesi için dua edeceğim çünkü çok farklı bir konuma geldi kitap. Meraktan ölüyorum yeni kitap için umarım yakında çıkar.
Kimber Silver
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
This follow up book to Across the Universe didn't disappoint. Amy and Elder are both so darn lovable and the story line kept me on the edge of my seat. The subject matter is appropriate for MG.
Though MG sci-fi is not what I would normally choose to read, I am glad I found this lovely series
Aug 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh FREX that was amazing! I just love the way they say frex throughout the book!

Elder has been trying so hard to lead the ship. The people are off phydus and finally know the truth. They are rebelling, not working, suicidal, and fighting him every decision he makes. They are learning about war and rebellions and want a chance to elect a leader. Then some people start showing up dead, with the words follow the leader written on them. Elder must find a way to fix the engines, control the people, a
Jun 14, 2013 rated it liked it
"Love without choice isn't love at all." This is a great line and also befuddles me. This is how I felt about the whole book. Good and then also not making sense altogether.

I love the plot of this series. Very sci-fi. I love the book world. Pretty well constructed. I love Elder. The problem: Amy. Can't stand her. She's whiny and I get why. I've read and written books with whiny characters and bitchy ones. But there has to be something redeeming about them, like that they're really funny or snar
Andrea Manzanilla
Ok, I don't know what happen, but I had a review on this book but apparently Goodreads deleted it or something because no longer appears. I refuse to do another one, again. So I'll get you the short version of it.

In conclusion, I found the book thrilling, addictive, with a lot more secrets than the first book and with a finally that make you want to read the next one right away.
WarpDrive
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
OK it is not Space Odyssey. I admit, it might be a bit too cheesy and teenagerish at times...
But the plot, the atmosphere, the characters and the pacing of this second book of the "Across the Universe" series are all quite good. Overall, it has been quite a page turner. A pleasant science fiction novel. 3.5 stars rounded up to 4. Recommended.
Caitlin
Feb 01, 2011 rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings about this book.

The Good

1. The characters all have their flaws. No one comes off as heroic, nor does anyone come off as evil. Everyone struggles with who and where they are. No one is satisfied, yet no one is entirely unhappy. It's a realistic feel to it.

2. The plot was interesting and satisfying as a sequel (but predictable). Unlike Across the Universe it wasn't as blantantly obvious who was behind the chaos, but it doesn't take much effort to figure it out (Well who's lef
  • Spark (Sky Chasers, #2)
  • Truth (XVI, #2)
  • Fever (The Chemical Garden, #2)
  • Timepiece (Hourglass, #2)
  • Asunder (Newsoul, #2)
  • Perception (Clarity, #2)
  • Invisible Sun (Hell's Cross, #2)
  • Outpost (Razorland, #2)
  • Wired (Cold Awakening, #3)
  • Prized (Birthmarked, #2)
  • Thumped (Bumped, #2)
  • Shine (Shade, #3)
  • Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)
  • Surrender (Possession #2)
  • Fox Forever (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #3)
  • The Springsweet (The Vespertine, #2)
  • Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
  • Rebel Heart (Dust Lands, #2)
Beth Revis writes books. She also eats too much chocolate, wishes she could travel more, and prefers puppies to people. Beth lives in rural NC with her boys: one husband, one son, two very large puppies.
More about Beth Revis

Across the Universe (3 books)
  • Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)
  • Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Vengeance Road
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
“Well, sometimes home is a person.” 282 likes