Start by marking “El misterio de las catedrales” as Want to Read:
El misterio de las catedrales

El misterio de las catedrales

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  270 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Esta obra de Fulcanelli es menos conocida que Las moradas filosofales, y sin embargo, quizás sea más importante.

El propio Fulcanelli dice en ella:

Edificadas por los Frimasons medievales para asegurar la transmisión de los símbolos y de la doctrina herméticos, nuestras grandes catedrales ejercieron, desde su aparición, considerables influencias sobre gran número de muestras
Paperback, 1st edition Rotativa [16], 204 pages
Published December 1979 by Plaza & Janés (first published 1926)

To ask other readers questions about El misterio de las catedrales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about El misterio de las catedrales

Mirco
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first time I saw this book was on the shelves of my university friend, long long long ago. Recently, because of my research on Alchemical Putrefaction, I decided to take it up again in the original french (not easy reading for someone who is not a native speaker).

What can I say?

First that, unlike most Fulcanellians, I like more the second volume, Les Demeures Philosophales.

Second, that, no matter what one's opinion might be on the man and his works, this book is an absolute must for all l
Laura LVD
I read this book when I was 12 years old to pass the time at my aunts house. Didnt understand a single word of it. I remember it being particularly obscure and dense, but strangely fascinating.
With a recently renewed interest in these topics, I will try to locate this book in my aunts library to reread and give an honest, more substantious review. I bet she hasnt moved the book from its place in the last 30 years (she is seriously OCD and I have a photographic memory)
Phinehas
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The most important Hermetic book of the Twentieth Century.
Elena
Jun 13, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
una descripcion sorprendente en especial de notre-dame en paris, ir leyendo y observando cada detalle en vivo es un viaje al mundo del simbolismo y la geometria sagrada!!
Michael Neal
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book seems to me to be a introduction to the language used - and how it is used - by some alchemists to convey their secrets.
Svetlana Meritt
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If ever I read a book written by an Adept, this is the one. The mysterious Fulcanelli, who lived in the first half of the 20th century, has not left almost any trace behind him...except rumors and astonishing feats- of a Master alchemist. Even though it's titled "The Mystery of Gothic Cathedrals", this book is actually one the most detailed alchemical manuals. It's a fascinating read for those who know how to read...
Lopez
Jul 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love books about mystery and this book you can find many details how many religions people built churches, cathedrals,mosque and many sacred places around the world.
Todd Decker
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, just a little tour of some French architectural adornments.
Briso
Nov 05, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intenso, ma a tratti ancora incomprensibile. Purtroppo!
Ana
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Muy interesante, ayuda a ver la arquitectura con otros ojos.
Eso sí, no es un libro para leerse de un tirón, sino poco a poco, investigando y haciéndose preguntas.
Anca
Rae
Aug 06, 2014
Iván
May 04, 2015
  • The Alchemist’s Handbook (Manual for Practical Laboratory Alchemy)
  • The Morning of the Magicians
  • The Reign of Quantity and the Signs of the Times
  • The Hermetic Tradition: Symbols and Teachings of the Royal Art
  • Alchemy & Mysticism
  • The Great Initiates: A Study of the Secret History of Religions
  • Alchemy: Science of the Cosmos, Science of the Soul
  • The Temple of Man: Apet of the South at Luxor
  • Real Alchemy: A Primer of Practical Alchemy
  • Hermetica: The Greek Corpus Hermeticum and the Latin Asclepius in a New English Translation, with Notes and Introduction
  • Ancient Egypt: The Light of the World
  • The Book of Pleasure (Self-Love): The Psychology of Ecstasy
  • Serpent in the Sky: The High Wisdom of Ancient Egypt
  • Life is Real Only Then, When 'I Am'
  • The Forge and the Crucible: The Origins and Structure of Alchemy
  • Lectures on Ancient Philosophy
  • From Atlantis to the Sphinx
  • Maya Cosmogenesis 2012: The True Meaning of the Maya Calendar End-Date
Fulcanelli is almost certainly a pseudonym assumed, during the early 20th century, by a French alchemist and esoteric author, whose identity is still debated. The name Fulcanelli seems to be a play on words: Vulcan the ancient Roman god of fire plus El, a Canaanite name for God and so the Sacred Fire. The appeal of Fulcanelli as a cultural phenomenon is due partly to the mystery of most aspects of ...more
More about Fulcanelli...
“La nostra stella è unica, eppure è doppia. Sappiate distinguere la sua impronta reale dalla sua immagine, e noterete ch'essa brilla con più intensità alla luce del giorno che nelle tenebre della notte.” 0 likes