Start by marking “These Haunted Heights” as Want to Read:
These Haunted Heights

These Haunted Heights

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  160 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
The tiny town of Sebastian's Bluff is a photojournalist's dream come true. But Ron Winters doesn't expect the moody, mysterious man next door to get under his skin and stay there.

When Drew LaSalle meets Ron, feelings he thought twenty years gone stir to life again. He wants what he could have with Ron. But does he want it enough to get past his own walls and grasp it?

Secre
Published January 2011 by MLR Press

To ask other readers questions about These Haunted Heights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about These Haunted Heights

Heather C
Mar 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Heather C by: Gyn
I absolutely loved this! I read it in practically one sitting (of course I did have to break for food). I could not put it down without knowing there would be a HEA for Ron and Drew.

There was so much sexual tension and angst I couldn't tear myself away. I didn't know if should sigh or cry. I felt so much for these guys and the slow burn was so good and so worth it.

I guess I would call this a contemporary with a paranormal element. I did have the ghost figured out but it still creeped the crap o
Td
Jun 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book hit all my buttons in a good way. I liked Ron's character so much, he was one of those that I would like to know for real. Drew...well...he was frustrating in a violence inducing way. Seriously, I wanted to hurt him, but you kind of understand where he's coming from, so I have forgiven him...mostly. I also enjoyed picturing the scenery through their eyes, seemed like such a beautiful place. Just the right combination of light, flirty fun that had me laughing out loud, some major angst ...more
Elisa Rolle
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
2011 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Feliz
Feb 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
At first, seducing Drew was nothing but a nice sport for Ron. But as he gets to know Drew better, he soon perceives the depths of pain and despair within the other man. Before he knows what happens. Ron is playing for keeps. And so is Drew, but he’s got a formidable opponent: himself.

Both characters are likeable and well-drawn, although I had some minor issues with Drew. He has suffered a terrible trauma, but after so many years and given the way he feels about Ron, he acts a bit erratic and ove
Byron
Jun 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-read
I can not encourage you enough to read this book. It is everything that I want from a book, not just in it's own genre but through any.

The story is an emotional roller coaster, the two lead characters could be me, or you, or your neighbour. The events could be anywhere. There were a few times I got very misty eyed as the story unfolded. Parts of this book left me where I almost couldn't breathe waiting to find out what was going to happen.

No scene was to long and drawn out, or unneeded. Who ever
Katharina
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, fantasy
4.5

Oh wow, that was such a beautiful story. I really loved (almost) every part of it! I loved Ron - he's just awesome! Courageous and honest and ready to face his life and his fears head on! - and although Drew annoyed the crap out of me at times - seriously, sometimes violence seemed like a good option here - I liked him, too.
The story line was almost completely focused on the romance, while the paranormal aspect of it was very much in the background and I was pretty glad about that. What I re
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
♥There was more then a few times I wanted to throw my my kindle at the wall.lol Dre was Stubborn Ron was so DAMN CUTE!!

♡Creepy But Real GOOD!!

♥Drew was an Ass but totally redeemed him self eventually!!

♡Really it was a great story. Something different great book for a challenge!!

YAY me for keeping up with it!!
Chris
Jan 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Very good paranormal m/m romance about a photojournalist who's staying alone at his aunt's house on the Oregon coast while he shoots a story about the area. Mysterious crying from the empty tower room and a handsome brooding neighbor complicate things in interesting ways...
Vicki
This was a good book. I did feel that Drew turned from "coward" to facing all of his problems at once a little unrealistic, but then this is romantic fiction after all.
Yvonne
Apr 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, borrowed-kindle
3.5 Stars Nice story about a photojournalist, Ron who while staying at his aunt's place in a small town in order to complete an assignment, finds himself attracted to his next door neighbor, Drew. Drew, however, has a past that he has not let go of and he has a lot of barriers in place to avoid emotional entanglements. He is both attracted to and afraid of his feelings for Ron. In the meantime, the house that Ron is staying at appears to be haunted. Does this have anything to do with Drew's past ...more
Gina
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal
2 stars because I somehow managed to read it all and didn't put the book down (which is honestly more a testimony of my habit of finishing books I start reading, rather than the quality of the writing). The story could've been easily edited to half its length.
clear skies
Oct 09, 2013 rated it liked it
A very typical Ally Blue book where you have a decent characters and a decent story. When I started reading M/M - the genre wasn't as vast as it is now, and Ally Blue was a prolific author. I will always be thankful for her writing and introducing me to the genre. Fortunately, the M/M genre has expanded and we have so much more choice. So I've read this story before and I have read better.

Ron is a photojournalist from New York, he had come to Sebastian's Bluff with his boyfriend but that didn't
Shaz
Mar 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Shaz by: Denise
Shelves: mm, paranormal
Not quite a five, but more than just a four as well lol.

What makes a good book? Well, for me it's a number of things. I need to like the idea. I also need to be comfortable with the settings. It needs to have a story and any added interests (ie crime solving, paranormal etc) are added bonuses. And I need to feel something for the MC's. I don't have to love them, but they need to connect with me on some level. In other words I need to give a damn lol.

Well this book had it all in spades. I loved t
Rosemary
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed every Ally Blue book I've read and this book is no exception. This has a little of everything going for it. The story opens with Sebastian, an adorable big city photojournalist, being dumped while visiting his aunt's new house for a weekend getaway. He isn't especially torn up over it and decides to stay since the beautiful area he is in will make a great setting for a photo piece. He soon meets Drew, a sexy older man who lives near his aunt's house and there is an instant ...more
Meggie
Sep 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: drama, romance
God, this kind of HEA really makes me angry. The way this story ends it definitely didn't feel realistic. It was a bull.

This whole long story circles around a dramatic mysterious haunting and a man, Drew, who never got over the death of his first serious lover William, who hung himself because he was depressed.

This whole story is written around Oberon, or short for Ron, who is a photojournalist and is set to discover why is his aunt's house haunted by crying echo. Anyway I was pissed of by Dre
Amanda

I really enjoyed this book. I'm a sucker for hurt/comfort novels and this fits the bill. The only complaint I want to voice is how perfect the ending came together. Drew was mourning the loss of a loved one for 20 years and magcally over night he is better. It was a bit fictional...but I guess that's what I'm reading, right??

There was also a little paranormal aspect to the story that makes it a bit spooky and it's part mystery although I had the 'mystery' of Drews past solved right a
Brenda (b)
I wavered about rating this one, I liked it a little more than an average story--what I'd give 3 stars--but, I had some reservations about it too. On the good side, I loved watching Ron and Drew become friends before becoming lovers. That was mostly because of Drew's insecurities, but I thought it gave them much needed time to form a basis for their relationship. As characters, I liked Ron and Drew, and we were given background on both of them, however I can't quite put my finger on why I still ...more
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Mar 12, 2011 marked it as to-read
Recommended to Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* by: Debbie
I made it to about 46% (chapter 12). I tried to like this book but I'm really struggling. I can't connect with either of the characters and I feel like nothing is happening. Every time I think it's about to pick up, two paragraphs later whatever made me think that just turned back into nothing happening. I don't even feel a connection between the characters nor do I feel any tension between them. I need to put this one on hold. I want to DNF it but I don't think I could actually do that. It'd bu ...more
Terry
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Sorry but this was not the best Ally Blue I have read. One word springs to mind - verbose. This story could have been half the length and gained credibility. This is not to say that I don't get on with angst in a book but really is the story trying to make out that Drew LaSalle is a modern day Queen Victoria? Also the reasoning behind Drew behaving as he does to me at least is pretty lame.
Sorry but not one of my favourite reads. Two stars.
Agnes
May 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually enjoy contemporary drama (well, this one has a small paranormal storyline, but it is basically contemporary drama), but I simply couldn't get enough of this one. The characters feel real and I quickly felt a connection to them. A lovely read, one of the best novels of this author in my oppinion.
Jen
I really enjoyed this story. I've read it twice now and it's one of those stories that you remember for a long while afterwards. I had wanted to read it again but couldn't remember what it was called and finally stumbled upon it again. Glad I did.

There were some girly moments where you think to yourself that, yup, this was written by a woman but not as noticeable as other books I've read.
Chancey Knowles
Really nice story with good writing and interesting characters. Hard to talk too much without giving things away. Different from what I expected based on a few other of Blue's paranormal novels, but I like being surprised. Fan of hers, then it's a must read. Like a little angst, a story with supernatural overtones, and Heather. Then, I'd also recommend.
Thomas
Mar 03, 2011 added it
I just LOVE the Popess of Gay Angst!!!
Kiki
Feb 06, 2011 rated it liked it
3.5
Coffee
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I did enjoy this book very much but at the same time I also had a few issues with the relationship between the two main characters.
EmeArsh
Jul 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Loved this one :) Poor William :(
Kimberly
Mar 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Ally Blue is the queen of the angsty read and THH is no exception.
Kathy
Dec 03, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • His Soul to Take
  • Liquid Glass
  • Last Line (Last Line, #1)
  • Secondhand Heart
  • The Ghost on My Couch
  • Pale as a Ghost (Duncan Andrews Thrillers, #1)
  • Rhapsody for Piano and Ghost
  • Across the East River Bridge
  • Lies and Consequences
  • Foxe Tail (Skyler Foxe Mystery, #1)
  • Song of Oestend (Oestend #1)
  • Giving Up the Ghost (Laying a Ghost, #2)
  • A Reason To Believe
  • Blood Relations (MIA Case Files, #2)
  • He Speaks Dead
  • Life, Over Easy (Fragments, #1)
  • The Red Thread of Forever Love
  • Forever in One Second
Ally Blue penned her first tale at age eight, relating the breathless terror of her little sister’s not-quite-fatal encounter with a bee in the backyard. That was the beginning of a lifelong love affair with storytelling. She now writes gay romance of all flavors, and has recently branched into writing her first love: horror. She continues her neverending quest to scare herself. She is not a hippi ...more
More about Ally Blue...