Start by marking “The 10x Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure” as Want to Read:
The 10x Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure

The 10x Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure

Achieve "Massive Action" results and accomplish your business dreams! While most people operate with only three degrees of action-no action, retreat, or normal action-if you're after big goals, you don't want to settle for the ordinary. To reach the next level, you must understand the coveted 4th degree of action. This 4th degree, also know as the 10 X Rule, is that level ...more
Published April 26th 2011 by Wiley (first published March 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The 10x Rule, please sign up.
James Mourgos Simple. You pick it up and start with Chapter 1.
Jay I'm listening to this for free now, through my local library.

Kim
Feb 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
After 1 chapter, I can report he uses 10x as many words as needed. Repetitive and unsubstantial. Hope it gets better. As of chapter 5, I am finding an occasional useful nugget, but must add that I suspect the author is a complete and utter dillhole.
André Bueno
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
1. Have a can-do attitude (solutions, positive, belief, actions)
2. Believe that I will figure it out (either you or find someone else)
3. Focus on opportunities (problems solved = good)
4. Love challenges (success begets more success, fuel, stimulation)
5. Seek to solve problems (bigger the better)
6. Persist until successful (important, develop, what are you made of?)
7. Take risk (put something on the line, gamble, criticised, don’t play safe)
8. Be unreasonable (act without reason, not agreed upon
Poyan Nabati
Jan 11, 2015 rated it liked it
The 10X Rule is summarized by two main components; setting massive goals and taking massive action. The idea proposed is that since all goals require an extraordinary amount of work and effort, then you might as well set big goals. Also, setting big goals will greatly increase your level of motivation compared to setting average goals. This must then be backed up by taking massive action.

Overall I found this book to be overly simplistic, shallow and too “american”. At times, it reads like a was
Brett
Feb 10, 2016 rated it did not like it
I listened to the audiobook. I don't disagree with his conclusions, although the way I arrive at those same conclusions differs vastly than his condescending, tough-guy approach. Telling the reader repeatedly to not "be a little bitch" and constantly screaming throughout the audiobook as if it helps deliver his points more poignantly didn't resonate with me in the least.

Let me give you a summary. In today's society we too often sell ourselves short. Society tells us to make smaller, achievable
Ross Blocher
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
If you're going to read this massively repetitious book, I recommend the audio version so you can enjoy the particular, odd performance of its author, Grant Cardone. He's made massive amounts of money from hustling his sales products and he wants to encourage you to follow your dreams of massive wealth and influence by working nonstop and at ten times the rate of your competitors, whatever your trade. Why do I keep saying the word massive? Because he does: pummeling us nonstop in the husky bark ...more
Brett Noneman
Jul 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
I Listened to the 10X rule on audio book (Grant reads it himself). I also met the man in person. Terrible on all counts. Let me save you the read by summarizing - "work hard and dream big and good things will come to you." It's trite and repetitive and supported only with sweeping statements and broad generalizations. My favorite quote from his lecture says it all "It's not stalking if it works, right?"
Sarah Churchill
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've read a number of personal development books, and plan to read many more. Once common trait across most of those I've read is repetition, and a feeling of 'filler' to make the book worthwhile page count wise. This is NOT like that.

Every chapter had a purpose, and while he does drive the points home, he doesn't hit you over the head with it again and again and...

What I love most about this book is the zero bullsh*t it allows. I listened to this when I really needed a kick up the backside, an
ScienceOfSuccess
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: waiting
Altho this is 50% self-marketing, and 50% motivation, I believe this is as far as humanly possible to go with motivation, and I love it.
Grant also points out few good points, and share his perspective as (let's keep it simple) Salesman and Hustler.
Norman Parker
Jul 20, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book centers on sales. The author clearly has worthwhile information to dispense, but the overwhelming concentration focuses on the application of motivation toward making sales. The information that I gleaned from this book could have been written in a couple of chapters.

I was looking for a book to help me learn to focus my energy, finish my projects. There is some of that here, but I would not recommend this book for anyone looking for the same.

The author has so much contradictory info
Mario Tomic
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 stars! If you ever wondered what really separates the successful from the average this book gives you the answer, straight up, no BS. I would seriously recommend it for everyone, it doesn't matter what you do in life this book will kick you in the ass and get you moving in the right direction. In essence the book will brain wash you and insert a "Take massive action" mindset right in your brain. The author broke down the formula to success and the effects of thinking big in a very clear way, t ...more
Stan
Jan 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
Really hated this book, the author comes over as someone with a lot of issues (narcissistic and neurotic), he wants to play the motivational though guy but he overdoes it way too much. His way of speaking only annoys me and remembers me of what I dont want to be. So one star for remembering me for what I should not go for.
Maciej Nowicki
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
The 10x rule is a concept which says that whenever you think to achieve something, do 10 times more than you previously thought. Whatever you think that you need to do, or what you are expected to do to get things done, just do way more. A bit cliché, nevertheless, you can apply this leverage to so many areas of your life and in most situations, it will be your critical factor in the whole process. The concept is not only about doing more but also about changing your perspective. Think about the ...more
Srđan
Jan 06, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Starts with almost half an hour of empty promises and then doesn't deliver. "You underestimated the amount of success you need and the amount of work required to get there, so work 10x more." That's the whole book. Don't bother listening to it.
Stephen Smotherman
May 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
Take massive action by skipping this book and spending your time on a much better book. The book can be boiled down to this... Set massive goals and take massive action... Massively... I think the book would be half as long if you took out the words "massive," and "important."
Robert Chapman
At first I thought this book was a just a massive oil slick from a fast talking sales guy. But when I read a book I never let the first impression stop my from going the distance. This strategy always pays off for me and it was no different this time around.

I'm not a sales guy, and the good news is, you don't need to be one either to lean something really valuable about success from this book. If you follow my reviews then you know that I listen to a lot of books on audio instead of actually rea
David Bradley
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Where are you at in your life? Are you satisfied with that?

This is NOT just another how to get rich quick book. Especially if getting RICH is just a money thing for you. This book is about SUCCESS. Success with anything you want to excel at. Your faith, your relationships, your career, your finances. The 10x Rule will teach you exactly what you need to know in order to achieve the success you desire and deserve in life.

Grant's writing will do a few things for you. #1, help you get your head in
Rolando Gill
Sep 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I know that I don't want to recommend this book. I dont want any Realtor in my area to read this book until I have time to establish my footprint on the market. The book didn't start out very well but it gained momentum and really helped me change the way I see my profession. Great book because it spurred so much thinking and optimism. I think I could follow Grant Cardone anywhere.
Susan Kemp
Jan 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
Holy shit, this was painful.

I'm in a small business owner book club, which has been a wonderful addition to my life in the last year because we often read books that give practical advice and then are able to discuss their real-world application with people in different roles/career levels.

But honestly, this book could be completely summed up by it's title: If you put 10x more effort into any project, you will be successful. I'm actually not even sure I buy the premise. I'm more prone to believe
Yolanda Solo
Jun 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really wanted to dislike this book. Grant Cardone is so unforgiving of any excuses and has a very aggressive attitude to winning and sales. As a woman and as a mother I find it too extreme ... except ... that he is absolutely right.

It made me uncomfortable because it highlighted how many excuses I make. Even if I dont want to take it to his level, he is right in demanding more, in telling us to aim higher, aim bigger.

He reminds me of an army officer at boot camp screaming at you to get off yo
Mahmoud Sarrieeldin
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a life changing book, the type of books that has a powerful, heartfelt,and honest message.

The 10X rule is basically applying 10x times levels of thinking (10 times your goals ) & 10 times the levels of action. It's the opposite of the new age that spreads the message of "work less, have fun, life is short". These high levels of thinking & action comes from your passion (if you have nothing, you will be suffering while applying the 10x rule)

Main takeaways :

1-Coming up short on 10
Lindsay Nixon
Sep 12, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a manifesto to workaholism. Cardone flatly rejects ideas of "work-life balance." He's selling intensity = success. You have to DOMINATE. You have to be willing to do 10x the action to win, and be unreasonable. He's also solidly in the quantity over quality camp.

Most of the book is tough love: if you're not successful, it's because you're a 'retreater' and not hustling enough.

There were a few viewpoints I found interesting:

*Operate with an attitude of "domination" instead of "competitio
Kelly Hudson
Oct 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: business
There are some good nuggets of information. I quickly got tired of Grant's style of self promotion with - Look at me, I'm awesome
Rocio
Sep 29, 2017 rated it liked it
His energy is definitely inspiring, and he does make a great point at taking action. No action, no results whatsoever. However, he is tone-deaf in several ways, including how he talks to women (phrases like "this chic"), very keen on "bro" culture, and the likes.
Ciro
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Grant Cardone is not a self help guru who will blow smoke up your butt about what it takes to succeed or achieve your goals. Most people are average—they think average, they work average, they have average relationships. They do the minimal amount to get by and claim they are a success. They tell you to not stress, have fun, relax, make just enough to by middle class, and don’t try to be anything other than the socially agreed upon ideal of a middle class slave.

Cardone says you need to take MAS
Paweł
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
It is not another JUST "dream big" and "think big" book. Not another one speaking about birilliant "get reach quickly" guide or believe in "law of attraction". This is book about WHY and HOW to be successful, speaking about everything we should know. From what really separates the successful from the average, through why and how to set goals, until how to be UNSSTOPABLE in what you're doing. It's book for everyone, no matter in what position you are right now. It will not only tell you to get yo ...more
Chris Henry
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is a game changer. In terms of creating a successful mindset, it would be hard to find a better and more motivating book. Peter Thiel has a 10x technology rule, Grant Cardone has a 10x success rule. This is an important book for anyone looking to maximize success in all areas of their life.
Sandra Teague
May 19, 2011 rated it it was ok
Very upbeat and motivational, although I'm not sure I entirely agree with the strategies presented. The author doesn't advocate taking much time for planning. He insists you should just go, go, go, and do, do, do. Everything else will just take care of itself.
Kristopher Muir
📖 #6 for 2019 is “10x Rule” by @grantcardone. Biggest takeaway is that we all underestimate how much effort it takes to achieve success, thus the need for 10x effort. Additionally, creating new success = new problems. So when you face problems, ask yourself if it is rooted in success you have created? This notion, along with many of his other rules, shape your mindset in ways that re-direct your perspective.

Stylistically, it's repetitive and informal. I listened to it on audible and I think tha
Tony Jr.
Mar 12, 2015 rated it liked it
A highly repetitious book with a simple message that was summed up in the first chapter. 10x = set MASSIVE goals and take MASSIVE action and don't let fear, criticism, excuses or the status quo stop you from hitting your goal.

A decent reminder of the common denominator of all successful people... they are highly action oriented...they don't just talk, they back it up by MASSIVE action in spite of the obstacles in their way.

This book has 23 chapters and is 230 pages. Theres an incredible amount o
Tracey
Aug 08, 2014 rated it did not like it
After reading the first half of the book and skimming the second (because I couldn't pull myself to actually read it), I can not understand how this got so many good reviews. If you're the kind of person that requires a drill sergeant screaming in your face to get motivated, then by all means, this book is for you. While I agree with Cardone's underlying ideas of taking risk, working hard, and setting higher goals than you think you can achieve, his execution is verbose and abrasive. And as some ...more

• The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster: Why Now Is the Time to #Join the Ride
  • The Power of Ambition
  • Tilt: Shifting Your Strategy from Products to Customers
  • The Conversion Code: Capture Internet Leads, Create Quality Appointments, Close More Sales
  • Doing the Right Things Right: How the Effective Executive Spends Time
  • Taking People With You: The Only Way to Make BIG Things Happen
  • #AskGaryVee: One Entrepreneur's Take on Leadership, Social Media, and Self-Awareness
  • Leap First: Creating Work That Matters
  • The Best Damn Sales Book Ever: 16 Rock-Solid Rules for Achieving Sales Success!
  • Pitch Anything: An Innovative Method for Presenting, Persuading, and Winning the Deal
  • Landlording on Autopilot: A Simple, No-Brainer System for Higher Profits and Fewer Headaches
  • The Art of Negotiating the Best Deal
  • Ctrl Alt Delete: Reboot Your Business. Reboot Your Life. Your Future Depends on It.
  • The (7L) The Seven Levels of Communication: Go From Relationships to Referrals
  • Return on Character: The Real Reason Leaders and Their Companies Win
  • Three Feet from Gold: Turn Your Obstacles Into Opportunities!
  • The Impact Equation: Are You Making Things Happen or Just Making Noise?
  • High Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Become That Way
I am a NY Times Best Selling Author, internationally-recognized Sales Training Expert, Business Coach, and the Founder and CEO of 3 businesses: Cardone Training Technologies, Cardone Group, and Twin Capital Management. You may have seen me as the star and co-executive producer of a show, called TurnAround King.

In addition to speaking internationally to individuals, companies, and industry leaders
“As long as you are alive, you will either live to accomplish your own goals and dreams or be used as a resource to accomplish someone else's.” 44 likes
“until you become completely obsessed with your mission, no one will take you seriously. Until the world understands that you're not going away—that you are 100 percent committed and have complete and utter conviction and will persist in pursuing your project—you will not get the attention you need and the support you want.” 24 likes