Start by marking “Major Daddy” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  70 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Published December 1st 2010 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Major Daddy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Major Daddy

Virginia Campbell
"Major Daddy", from author Eva Swain, is a heartfelt family story and romance told in a straightforward manner. While there are plenty of emotional hurdles and personal issues to be dealt with, the emotions don't really fully engage until near the end of the book. However, the wait is worthwhile, as the story line becomes very compelling. Skye Cassidy is a successful author, divorced and raising her own two sons along with three children left in her care by her friend, Debra. As time passes, and ...more
MB (What she read)
Very sweet. I have to admit that the cover art intrigued me into trying this book.

The cynic in me doubts that it is quite that easy to raise 5 little boys on a single parent romance writers income, while homeschooling and still having time to bake cookies frequently, but it's idyllic and I realize that. Maybe as likely as the ubiquitous cupcake bakers? Or maybe it's just the jaded Californian in me? (Cost of living very high here. Could this lifestyle be doable in flyover states???)

(view spoiler
Kim Bullock
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very very good story

This is a hilarious funny book that's made me laugh so much. Anyone who has young children or used to would be totally able to relate with this book. It was written wonderfully and I wish there's was more major daddy books. It I could have I would have given it 10stars
Johanna
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pleasant read

It was a pleasing read. I could have done without some of the filler words (seriously, why do we need to be reminded of people's last names in the middle of the book?!?!) , but the story line was attractive enough to keep me hooked. I am looking forward to Caleb's story.
Joni Morgan
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Major Daddy

Cute and adorable story with dad moments. I didn't like how the birth mother was killed or taken out of the picture. However, this seemed to almost be a real life story. I recommend this book to anyone
Cora Williams
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful, inspirational book for dad's not present in their young sons lives

Well written and enjoyable to read! Inspirational to all MOM's. Great tribute to our soldiers and dad's everywhere. Great book
Toni (U.A.C.)
Setting: North Carolina (M/F, non erotica)

Sweet, light-hearted romance. Major Gabe McCloud's wife had divorced him and disappeared with his twin sons before he'd come back from deployment and has been looking for them for two years.

Skye Cassidy, divorced mother of two boys, has been watching the sons of an old friend, Deborah, since she'd shown up with the story of a deceased husband and asked her to keep them for her while she figures things out. Skye knows that Deborah probably wasn't truthfu
Cheryl
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
A "G-rated" feel-good book

This is a sweet, feel-good book. No profanity, no sex, no blood and gore, and it was nice reading a story that didn't have any of those in it for a change. I do read books - a lot of books, in fact - that include "adult" content but it's not always needed (or wanted), as shown in MAJOR DADDY.

Yes, everyone was kind of too good to believe and there really wasn't any conflict in the story but I was okay with that.

I liked all the characters in the book including the little
Rayni
Mar 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2011-reads
I don't usually pick up a romance to read, but I was looking for a book with a family member name (i.e. daddy, sister, etc.) in the title for a book challenge. The book cover caught my attention & as I read the book flap it sounded like it would be a fun read. I started reading it in the library.

It's a nice clean romance. The children were cute. It was a light fairy tale of a read.
Pam Jackson-gorsline
It all worked out

The story was easy to read and entertaining. The kids were fun to get to know. The adults all worked well together to make a strong family unit. I recommend this book.
Kobie
Oct 07, 2013 rated it liked it
cute. not much depth. a bit cheesy, but a quick read.
Figuemb
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thought it was a cute story. I did tear up in a few sections. I really enjoyed reading.
Linda Hatton
Feb 19, 2015
Geri
Jan 25, 2014
Carol VanVleet
rated it did not like it
Sep 21, 2016