Start by marking “Faefever (Fever, #3)” as Want to Read:
Faefever (Fever, #3)

Faefever

(Fever #3)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  82,766 Ratings  ·  4,306 Reviews
"He calls me his Queen of the Night.
I’d die for him. I’d kill for him, too."

When MacKayla Lane receives a torn page from her dead sister’s journal, she is stunned by Alina’s desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister’s killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly the sidhe-seer is on the hunt: For answers. For revenge. And for an ancient book of dark magi
Mass Market Paperback, 389 pages
Published July 28th 2009 by Dell (first published September 16th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Faefever, please sign up.
Danielle Messier I just finished book five, they do get into a relationship of sorts! BArrons isn't a traditional "boyfriend" "girlfriend" type of man so don't expect…moreI just finished book five, they do get into a relationship of sorts! BArrons isn't a traditional "boyfriend" "girlfriend" type of man so don't expect that! (less)

Lyndsey
SPOILER FREE - HAPPY HAPPY, JOY JOY REVIEW!

The first book was good. The second book was great. This third book was holyeffinbatmanfreakinamazing!! Sooooo, if my calculations are correct (and if you don't take into account that I'm terrible at math), I'm guessing that just touching the next book in the series should result in a violent, arms-flailing, dance-inspiring joygasm!!!

I have Dreamfever around here somewhere, let's test out my theory.  jwjueu^{*]!jiekebg sk^{wgsfs^{+ssgs bdjeue%]*^shbsu b
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Mac Version 3.0

I start this book expecting little sweet Barbie Mac.......and this happens.

Someone starts mailing Mac pages from her sister's Alina's journal and that start making her think. Then the two main guys that have been playing her still won't answer any questions. They seem to want to just use her for their own purposes.
Well, Mac starts getting tired of it.

She starts to realize that she is all she has on her side. She must not rely on a man to come save her! Hells yeah. She starts us
Helen 2.0
I think rereading Faefever gave me an emotional aneurysm. Nothing works anymore.

In book 3 of the Fever series, Mac comes to realize that all the men in her life are trash and she needs to branch out; place some eggs in different baskets, if you will. KMM deepens some of her old characters (Inspector Jayne, Dani, etc) and brings in a few new ones (like Christian MacKeltar, my personal darling). This is all very nice and soothing.

Why did I lose ten years of my life reading this book? Well.

KMM like
Navessa
What is there to say about this book that hasn’t already been said? As much as I loved the first two in the series, this is the one that truly hits me every time I read it. It’s like reading book five in Harry Potter. You go from some darkness to a LOT of darkness.

Oh sure, the book starts off safe enough, but by the end of it…madness, chaos, pestilence, famine, war and death.

This is the book that truly gets most readers on Mac’s side. I’ve said before that I was always there, but reading this ta
Tatiana
May 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tatiana by: Kat Kennedy
What a cruel, cruel ending... If I were to wait a year to find out what happens to Mac next, I'd be royally pissed right now, because as much as I liked the book, I think this kind of ending is unacceptable and disrespectful to the series' fans.

Faefever is a very dark book and it starts out dark too. I missed Mac's happy-go-lucky attitude and flirtations with Barrons in previous installments. The only relief from the doom we get in this book comes in the form of MacHalo and Druid Voice lessons.
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
“Who the fuck are you, Ms. Lane?”
Rage filled me. Rage at what had been done to her. Rage at him for bringing it up. The thought that no one could see or judge me was liberating. I swelled with grief and anger.
“Now tell me who you are.”
“Vengeance,” I said in a cold voice.
There are certain things in my life that remains comfortingly constant despite the chaos that sometimes peppers my life. For instance, the sky is blue. 70% dark chocolate is delicious. I look really good in dark green.

Jericho B
Angela
hmmmmmmmmmmmm WELL...

Even with a lot of my questions still unanswered...
Even though I was still waiting to fall in love with Jericho and that still didn't happen...
and even with the ending being spoiled for me (THANKS GIRL WHO PUT THE FREAKING ENDING IN THE FIRST SENTENCE OF HER REVIEW WITH NO WARNING!!! SPECIAL PLACE IN HELL FOR YOU!)

I still give this book a perfect five!!!

Though all questions weren't answered we learn so much more in this book. I was also happy that there was a lot mor
Sh3llraiser
Fourth Read January 2018: 4 stars
Third Read October 2015: 4 stars
Second Read November 2014: 5 stars
First Read September 2014: 5 stars

Four times and that ending still gets me! GAH! The only worse cliffhanger is the ending of the next book! But I can't wait for Book 4, Chapter 4! YAS. New thoughts: There are favorite scenes (they all include Barrons), but parts of this made me want to start skimming. I've never been a huge fan of the scenes with Jayne or V'Lane or the other sidhe-seers. I like Da
Emily May
Feb 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Plot: 5 stars
Characters: 5 stars
Writing: 5 stars
Sexiness: 5 stars
Ending: 5 stars

Overall: 5 stars

By the way, did anyone else kind of wet themselves laughing at the Mac Halo incident? I cannot listen to the song 'Bad Moon Rising' without going into hysterics.

Natasha Polis
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't remember how I felt about the whole book because the end left me hopeless. The first three books were definitely leading up to something bigger. All the events could have been put into one book, so I'm eager to read the 4th with the changes set in motion by this one. I adore all the characters, Mac is so real, and Barron's is just an ass. I hate him but he's such an enigma.
Kim
It's still too soon for me to write a review, but I need to talk about this book, so I'm just going to start sprouting nonsense and see where this thing will go. This will be a crap review (what else is new?) but I... gah! *flaps hands*

Man, I'm loving these books, goddammit. What the hell is up with me and the Pri-ya 'tude? I just finished the third book and I already want to start reading it again. I am rolling around on the floor with these books in my arms, I want to clear Amazon's entire sto
☆☽Erica☾☆

I swear Karen Marie Moning is attempting to sexually frustrate me to death.

Well GOOD TRY KAREN. I survived again.
Sophia Triad
Reread: 10/31/18 Is it just me that I want to wish wholeheartedly "Happy birthday Jericho Barrons!" every year this day? Or am I the weirdest fan of the series in GR?

----------------------------------------
First review:

31st of October.
This book has the best and the most unforgettable birthday party.
It is Halloween and it is Barron’s birthday.
Mac appears to the bookstore with a big pink cake just for him.
Surprise!
Will he be happy and feel touched because someone remembered his birthday?
I don’t
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
First reread with my girl Tanya, January 2015.

Original rating: 4
New rating: 4.5

First review: just two months ago. Think I'm going to write another one so soon? Think again. All you'll be getting from me is another episode in the Fever Freak's Facts of Life (abridged version).

Fact #1: Mac went from pinky to badassy

Good girl.

Fact #2: JZB

Do I really need to explain this again? You're joking right?! I thought so.

Fact #3: Voice lessons

Because JZB wants to know if Mac had sex with V'Lane. And because
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
5 Darkest-Night-of-the-Soul

description

Nobody looks good in their darkest hour. But it's those hours that make us what we are. We stand strong, or we cower. We emerge victorious, tempered by our trials, or fractured by a permanent, damning fault line.

description

We stand strong, we fight our demons and we face our enemies bravely. We put on a strong face and we fight our ass off. By darkness consumes and surrounds. Allies fail you and willpower is not enough. The strongest bent and the weak break, when dealing with ou
Maria Clara
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
¿Quéeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee????????? ¿Cómo se le ocurre a la Moning hacernos esto????? Por Dios! esto no es serio.... Qué manera de hacernos sufrir.
5 THIS-SERIES-IS-MY-COMFORT-ZONE-STARS!!!!!!!

What is the greater good but tyranny’s chameleon?

This series is the perfect escape, and I love every single second.

The Sinsar Dubh:

This book continues from Bloodfever. Mac continues her search to find her sister’s murderer and seek revenge. She begins to find more people who can provide her with resources, yet she is still very much alone in her battle. We still don’t know much about Barrons. There are tiny hints here and there, but they only seem
Anne
Re-read: 2014

This is the Fever book where shit gets all crazy.
The walls are coming down, bitches!
It's also the one where KMM dumps you at the end with a horrifying cliffhanger. In fact, the only cliffhanger that's worse than this one is the one in the next book, Dreamfever.

Mac isn't a little whiny bitch anymore, Barrons is starting to show signs of cracking (in the sexy way!), Inspector Jayne gets hooked on Unseelie, Rowena shows her ass in spectacular fashion, and (unfortunately) Dani is the vo
Mo
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Well the first part of the fecking book was slow enough. Not enough fecking Barrons. But once I got to fecking 80% it took off like a tornado. Holy Crap, me heart was fecking beating out of me chest.

Well, they say, good things will come to those who wait

Who the fcuk are “they” and how the hell do they know….

Yes, I was waiting, waiting and more waiting for some sex scenes…. Not happening.

I was lying on the ground, beneath Barron’s wild, electric body, ripping his shirt open, and splayi
4.5 fever-frenzy Stars

October 29 ( 2 days to go)
Dear Diary Hey There,

I feel like I’m coming undone, like the fabric of my existence unwound. How melodramatic of me, you might think, but you should try having your whole world explode in your face; turning everything that’s real into a lie and everything that cannot be real into the truth, and then tell me how to deal with it.

I used to be a rainbow girl, a sunshine girl. Now I don’t even recognise myself most days. Within me is a darkness, a cre
Lindsey Rey
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, fantasy
[4.5 Stars]
Julie (jjmachshev)
Aug 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008-reads
***Be warned that this is the 3rd book of a planned 5 book series. So this takes us about halfway through events. It ends on a cliffhanger, but I still loved it!

Holy Sh@%! I just finished "Faefever" by Karen Marie Moning and I'm not sure whether I want to kiss her or kill her. Her writing is lucid, smart, fantastic, and yet somehow believable. If you're a fan of Moning's 'Highlander' series and are looking for more of that...then you need to pass on by. If you're looking for a story so gritty, s
Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF ENDING IS THAT?!?!?!

No wonder you crazy lot of MacHalo Freaks always go straight onto book four.

FARK.
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Hope strengthens. Fear kills.

Yes, hope does, in fact, strengthen. The hope that Barrons will save Mac’s ass (pun not intended) from this fecking ending!

My exact reactions:

*pause*

*blink*

*read paragraph again*

*blink*

*pause*

First thing’s first. This is the second time I read Faefever. Some things get better, now that I know what’s going to happen in the next book. Some things don’t really change, aka the ending. It was cruel the first time, and it’s still cruel the second time I went through it.

I
Beth F.
There are only four authors whose publication dates I follow religiously. And ever since the Harry Potter series ended and Anita Blake turned into a creepy sort of person I’d be disinterested in meeting if she were real, there are only two of them whose publication dates I follow religiously so I can actually be at the bookstore the moment it opens on release day to buy my copy. Karen Marie Moning is one of them.

I was introduced to her Highlander series a couple years ago and fell passionately
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
W. T. Ever. Loving. Holy. F.
I mean... Bloody hell!
That ending!?!?

description

Holy smokin' balls... I'm speechless.

I am unbelievably happy that I have book #4 ready to go. I would be so pissed right now if I didn't have access to the next book in this series immediately. This installment really kicked up this series for me.

Mac is finally coming into her own and I'm loving that evolution. Barrons is still an alpha-hole mystery. (And I love that.) The tension between the two of them is so thick you can barel
Irmak
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kütüphanem
AMAN TANRIM! AMAN TANRIM! AMAN TANRIMM!
O SON NEYDİ ÖYLE ?!
Çığlık çığlığa bağırasım var.
NERDESİN BARRONS NERDESİN V'LANE! diye ortalığı ayağa bile kaldırabilirim. Resmen okurken içimden ateş çıktı. Kitap bittiğinde yüzüm yanıyordu. Lanet olsun ya.
Şimdi ne olacak ?
Mac ne halt yiyecek ?
Dublin daha ne hale düşecek ?
NEREDE BU BARRONS?!
Ayrıca BARRONSUN HALA NE OLDUĞUNU ÖĞRENEMEDİK ÇOK SİNİRLİYİM. TAHAMMÜLÜM KALMADI. VE HALA BAYAN LANE DEMEYE DEVAM EDİYOR. O PEMBE PASTAYI ALIP BARRONSUN YÜZÜNE YAPI
Jennifer Kyle

4.5 Stars

description

There is so much going is this third book of the series that a full recap would be impossible. This installment was action packed and once again added a few more players to the chess board.

"Where do your loyalties lie, Ms. Lane?"

The book’s true identity has been revealed, Barrons is still elusive about who and what he is, the hot prince is still gifting beach time with hot bikinis, Mac makes friends with the police as well as Dani and others like her. LM establishes contact. All the
Robin (Bridge Four)
Nov 10 2013 edit

After my re-read I'm upping my rating to 4.5 stars.

So many things are foreshadowed and I think the 2 main reasons I had for a lower rating were that 1 Barrons and Mac didn't seem to have as much time together and I got a little focused on that since I really wanted more for their relationship and I needed to know who/what Barrons was and got no real answers this book. The second reason was probably that cliffy of an ending sometimes it is really hard to read about (view spoiler)
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
4.5

Based on a re-read.

Out of the first four, this one was probably my favorite plot-wise. It would have been a five star rating if it weren’t for Mac’s trust issues starting to annoy me. I can get it though, since the other characters like Barrons and V’Lane are frustrating with their secrecy and duplicity. I wouldn’t fully trust them either, but sometimes I still wanted to shake her. She’s learned to stan
Can someone summarise what happens in this book? 2 6 Jul 12, 2018 08:32PM
Seriously...am I the only person that loathes this series? 38 488 May 29, 2018 08:44AM
X's & O's Romance...: Faefever- Fever series 9 14 Apr 15, 2018 12:47PM
Turning Pages At ...: Faefever (Fever #3) by Karen Marie Moning ( 9 15 Apr 16, 2015 04:52AM
  • Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts, #2)
  • Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)
  • Lying Season (Experiment in Terror, #4)
  • Double Cross (The Disillusionists #2)
  • The Shattered Dark (Shadow Reader, #2)
  • This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5)
  • Thorn Queen (Dark Swan, #2)
  • Hunt the Moon (Cassandra Palmer, #5)
“The only other calling I ever felt was an irrepressible desire to be Captain of my own Starship. I was born in the wrong century and it wasn’t possible, so I chose to explore the universe by writing fiction instead. Books are doors to endless adventure.” -KMM

Karen Marie Moning is the #1 NYT bestselling author of the Fever Series and Highlander novels.

An alum of the Immaculate Conception Academy,

Fever (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Darkfever (Fever, #1)
  • Bloodfever (Fever, #2)
  • Dreamfever (Fever, #4)
  • Shadowfever (Fever, #5)
  • Iced (Fever, #6)
  • Burned (Fever, #7)
  • Feverborn (Fever, #8)
  • Feversong (Fever, #9)
  • High Voltage (Fever, #10)
  • Untitled (Fever, #11)
“Nobody looks good in their darkest hours. But it's those hours that make us what we are.” 861 likes
“It's just that in the Deep South, women learn at a young age that when the world is falling apart around you, it's time to take down the drapes and make a new dress.” 429 likes