Start by marking “Blue Exorcist, Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
Blue Exorcist, Vol. 3

Blue Exorcist, Vol. 3

(Blue Exorcist #3)

As a new Exorcist Esquire at True Cross Academy, Rin Okumura has a long way to go before he reaches the top rank of Paladin. When Rin and his classmates are sent to search for a ghost, Amaimon, King of Earth, takes Rin by surprise and steals the Koma Sword. Higher powers have been observing events at the academy and make their presence known. New players enter the game, an ...more
Published August 2nd 2011 by VIZ Media LLC (first published March 4th 2010)

Cornerofmadness
Mar 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Buried under the boy’s manga themes of fight scenes and big bosomed girls wearing next to nothing, are some interesting ideas. I’m liking this manga more than I expected to. We start to get to know the real Rin in this volume, beneath the bluster. The brothers’ relationship is examined and it is inherently uneven. Rin, the protector, is all about his muscles. His twin, Yukio, is the studious one and at True Cross Academy the power is actually all Yukio’s as he’s already an instructor and well, R ...more
✨Skye✨
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I love this manga series! It's so engrossing, so much fun and I love the premise. This one gets only a 3 stars not because I didn't enjoy it, but because I didn't feel like enough happened to make a full volume. I finished it sort of thinking that very little happened.
Victoria ♡
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-manga
I love Amaimon so much honestly...might be my fav character just on design and being the bad boi
MissAnnThrope
22 January 2013

Blue Exorcist, Volume 3 begins with Rin and the gang busily completing missions at their newly graduated level of Exwire. Rin proves again that his methods may be unconventional, but he does things with a big heart. My favorite scene is with him and Kuro, particularly with the special wine. It was touching, funny, and very revealing of the kind of character Rin truly is.
(view spoiler)

While on a mission to find a ghost, Shie
Kellie
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love this series, and I adore the artwork.
Jennifer Stoy
I should take away a star for the F-cups covered by the triangle bra (because girl, no, talk to your chesty friends about why that is no good for athletic exorcist work), but I still find this charming to read on that same "it's Harry Potter but with more of a sense of doom!" level.
Nina
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, graphic-novels, ya
Oh, we can't just have a nice, big boob girl? We have to have a badass girl with even BIGGER BOOBS. Oh well, still a fun storyline. And yay for cats.
Kate (Reading Through Infinity)
3.5 stars!
Debbie
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good pacing and development throughout.

Read for the Herbology prompt for the 2019 OWLs Readathon
Lanie
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All manga lovers but especially those fond of fantasy
Much, much better then book one & even two which I liked very much. The art just seems to get better with each installment & the plot just keeps on thickening. :)

emotions are running wild now, with some very moving & heart wrenching scenes. That scene where Rin makes friends with the demon cat? Fucking beautiful. I am not embarrassed in the slightest to admit that I almost started crying, it was so good. :) "blue exorcist" is definitely shaping up into an awesome series. :D its tota
Julia Sapphire
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, manga, series
I'm really enjoying this manga series so far! Super pumped it see were this series goes.

Sarah Hayes
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
Another great volume of Ao No Exorcist/Blue Exorcist, with a whole lot of Rin Okamura problems and whumpage as well as some adorable Shiemi and a huge character reveal. Plus, more Amaimon which I know fans love cause he causes so much trouble every time he shows up. As usual, the art is lush and wonderful and there's an expert blend of drama and humor. I especially loved the brotherly dynamics between Rin and Yukio in this book. And the cover is simply too cute for words!
Sara Williams
This book was about as exciting as all the other ones in the series! Apart from the other volumes, volume 3 ends in a major cliffhanger and I cannot possibly wait to get my hands on the sequel. I definitely recommend this one for anyone looking for a quick, fun read concerning demons and exorcists.
Pers
Sep 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-comics
I'm not impressed that they took a perfectly awesome manga series and threw in a half naked woman and bunch of drivel about "big boobs" but the story was strong enough not to drop it to a 3. That crap is why I don't generally read much manga though. I know Western comics have the same unrealistic body types but they don't tend to fixate on womens' parts in quite the same juvenile way.
Jade
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In book 3, Rin tames a familiar, and proves thast he can do more than just use his flame. Rin also meets one of his "brothers", and gets it to a serious, op (over powered) fight.

This was anthor amazing book in the seres. Not much more to say other than I loved this.
Pato Myers
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really liked the use of short flashbacks, it doesn't distract from the main plot by dragging on and is relevant to present motivations and action. There is also just enough mystery to keep the reader intrigued, but doesn't take focus away from characters and their goals.
Yahaira
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
It wasn't Shura Kirigakure's giant breasts being held in place by an ill fitted bikini top, it was that no significant contributions were made to the principal storyline, and I don't like that.
SJ
Jan 23, 2016 added it
So I kinda marathoned the first four volumes and NOW I WANT MORE! This manga is seriously so entertaining. And Rin's adorable. Son of Satan? I hardly buy it. He's too precious.
Erin the Avid Reader ⚜BFF's with the Cheshire Cat⚜
I left off on Blue Exorcist Vol. 2 about a month ago and forgot to pick up on Part 3! Next time I have a chance I plan on picking this up at my library. So far this has been a great manga series.
Adam Spanos
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: viz, manga
The third volume consists of four chapters, all simply titled: "Black Cat," "Tag," "Proof" and "Fun Camp." The first one is about Kuro (meaning "black" in Japanese), a familiar of Father Sugimoto. In the second chapter Rin has his sword stolen by mysterious Amaimon. The third chapter introduces another female character with a secret agenda. The volume ends with a summer forest camp episode, where Rin has to prove his skills as a novice exorcist without using his blue flames.

With fleshed-out char
Jenny
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This series is still going strong, though I must say that Shura's introduction as well as Rin's time at the HQ base was kind of uninteresting to me. Maybe it's because Shura herself isn't interesting, her backstory with Father Fujimoto wasn't engaging, or Shura herself is not interesting. Sorry, that was a little repetitive, but I think you get my point. Also, Aiamon is not interesting which is odd considering he's the "I'm only doing what I do to prevent boredom" character that is so damn preva ...more
Bryce
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
TheGracefulReader
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Abeer Albossany
Dec 28, 2017 rated it liked it
It's wonderful how this manga had an anime which was totally faithful to it. This volume starts with Shiro's Kuoro which is a cat and belonged of course to Shiro, Rin's father. The second one was about the park fight between Amaimon and Rin while Sheimie chasing after a ghost. And in this chapter Shora was first mentioned, in fact she appeared in the end of it with her real form. Third chapter was about Shora and her part on accepting Rin. And the last one was about the camp the class made with ...more
Nicole
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't express enough how much I love this series. I've learned so much more about the characters from reading the mangas that I learned by watching the anime. I feel as though I missed quite a bit in the show but now the story is starting to make more sense. I have a whole new love for it.

In this book we met boobs, uh... I mean Shura, who works for the Vatican. She makes an appearance when the Exwires go to Mepphyland for a mission to find a ghost. All the Exwires get split into groups and Rin
Taylor Ramirez
SaladPizza
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH IT IS SO GOOD.THIS BOOK HAS A CLIFFHANGER AT THE END THOUGHT. oops I just realized caps lock was on. sorry about that. But this is a really good book to the series this is now one of my favorite books.
Shawna (BacchusVines)
My favorite Blue Exorcist 'cause of Kuro. Kuro makes everything better.
Francine
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, books-i-own
This is the one in which we meet Kuro and Shura. I like the former (he's cute), the latter I'm going to have to warm up to (I don't really like her design, but her personality is okay).
Aaliyah Cermak
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love the book, very funny and interesting.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• D.Gray-man, Vol. #4 (D.Gray-man, #4)
  • Pandora Hearts, Volume 9
  • Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, Vol. 02 (Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, #2)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 05 (Soul Eater, #5)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 10 (Black Butler, #10)
Kazue Kato, 加藤和恵, is a Japanese mangaka.

See also authors with similar names.

Blue Exorcist (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 1  (Blue Exorcist, #1)
  • Blue exorcist, Tome 2
  • Blue exorcist, Tome 4
  • Blue exorcist, Tome 5
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 6
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 7
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 8
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 9
  • 青の祓魔師 10 [Ao no Exorcist 10] (Blue Exorcist, #10)
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 11
“Tienes que usar esa terrible fuerza que tienes por alguien, por algo, por lo que sea que te haga mejor persona.” 2 likes