Start by marking “Little Bo” as Want to Read:
Little Bo

Little Bo

(Little Bo )

Julie Andrews Edwards's best-selling book, Little Bo, is packaged with a read- along audio by this famous Broadway voice -- the perfect gift for Christmas.
Board Book, Book with CD, 96 pages
Published October 2nd 2000 by Hyperion Books for Children (first published January 1st 1900)

To ask other readers questions about Little Bo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Bo

Samantha
Aug 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I really loved this little chapter book. Little Bo was a sweet, wonderfully descriptive tale about Little Bo, the smallest kitten in a litter, who has many adventures. The story begins on a stormy night, when the litter of kittens are born to a pure-bred Persian cat. The owner of this cat, Mrs. Edge, doesn't want the kittens because their father is the stray cat Bounder and they aren't pure-bread. The six kittens explore her mansion and bask in their mother's love until, by a twist of fate, they ...more
S.K.
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, 2018
I adore Julie Andrews. I would compare these to the popular Mercy Watson series in terms of read-alouds... the copy I got from my library was 88 pages with large type and an illustration on every page. The story was well-written and sweet so I was definitely a fan.
Cindy
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this book when I was in elementry school.
Geo Hendrick
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
I loved it so much! Now I have to find all of the other books so, I can see how the other adventures end. Now I think I want to get a kitty too!
Sarah Sammis
Dec 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
On one of our recent trips to the library, Sean picked out Little Bo by Julie Andrews Edwards for me to read to Harriet. Although she loves books about cats she took one look at the book's length and decided it wasn't for her. I don't blame her. It's a 96 page chapter book (that's the same length as the early Magic Tree House books). She's still at the stage where she wants her books to be done quickly.

I still thought Little Bo looked like a cute book with it's lovely illustrations by Henry Cole
Alex
Nov 29, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: grades-3-5, animals
This is a cute little chapter book about the life of Little Bo, a tiny gray kitten who was the runt of the litter. The six kittens are born at the beginning to their mother who is a pure-bread Persian champion cat. Their father is a stray black cat named Bounder which makes the owner of the mother cat mad because he isn’t purebred. The owner, Mrs. Edge has a large mansion and the cats loved to play around, however, this won’t last for long because they are plotting to get rid of the kittens. Eve ...more
Marsha
Ms. Edwards’s story about a runaway kitten reads like something out of early Disney. It has that sweetness to it that just barely skirts the saccharine. The kittens are despised by their owner, who rightly suspects that her prize-winning Persian cat has been violated by a scruffy unowned cat that’s been prowling around the neighborhood.

Little Bo’s adventures take her away from her beloved mother and adrift in the world. But she’s learning to be brave and her attempts to negotiate her surroundin
Friend of Pixie (F.O.P.)
Julie Andrews (yes, the singer/actress) wrote this sweet story of a little gray kitten with a white chest marking shaped like a heart. She's shy, so her father gives her a big name to help her feel brave. (Boadicea was a queen of a British tribe who led an uprising against the occupying Romans). From the rocky beginning of being abandoned in the snow to her rescue by a kind young sailor named Billy Bates, Logan was captivated. Lots of cute pictures and it's always nice when we can find books abo ...more
Izzy
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 6th-grade
I loved this book! This book is about a little cat named Boadiccea - after the famous warrior queen - and tells about a little lost kitten that has lots of adventures. There are other books in the series and I am definitely going to read them! I think this book is well worthy of a five star rating. The pictures in this book are adorable!
Carole
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012-books-read
Written by singer and actress Julie Andrews Edwards, Little Bo is the story of the smallest kitten of the litter that must be disposed of. An accident separates her from her littermates; it seems like she is at an end of her very short life. Fortunately a kind sailor rescues her and so begins a very adventerous life on the high seas.
Samantha
May 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Our whole family loves this book. As each child has grown into reading, this is one book that every kid choses to read out loud to their siblings. We now have a Bo, although she is not the sweetheart of the story. I guess the name did not impart the sweetness of the story cat. This rose did not smell as sweet.
Yochana Coleman
Oct 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I love it! Dame Julie is such a great children's book writer. The artwork in Little Bo is brilliant. The story starts out a little sad because of Bo being separated from his family, but from there out it becomes a fun adventure.
Tiffany
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read this aloud to my daughters, 6,8, and 10-years-old, after reading about it online. We are big fans of Julie Andrews. The girls loved the story and begged to read several chapters at a time, so we finished it in three sittings. We can't wait to read the rest of the books in the series!
Hillvan
Nov 19, 2015 added it
Shelves: ok-2015-2-fall
780L
G.E. Porier
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great story for an early reader. A short chapter book full of kitten sized adventures! The illustrations capture the story.
Elizabeth Ferry
Apr 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nice story and illustrations. Enjoyed Julie Andrews' writing.
Lexy
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
it was awesome because there was a boat included in the book.I liked when Bo first met Billy Bates. I did not like when Billy got kicked of the boat.

Charissa
Cute story with beautiful illustrations.
Ms.Warshauer
Nov 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This chapter book will take a few weeks to read to the second graders. Haven't had a second grader that didn't love this story.
Danielle Martinez
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A cute story about a little kitten who gets lost in the big scary world. You follow him through his many adventures and ups and downs. A great bedtime story.
Photina
Jul 24, 2011 added it
Shelves: childrens
My daughters enjoyed the book.
Kristen
I only read this book a few times when I was a lot younger, but I remember it and love it to this day. A great children's book!
Hilary
My copy has a CD with Julie Andrews reading -- her marvelous reading voice adds dimension to an otherwise predictable (in a very Disney style) story. The illustrations are charming.
Tanya
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun little story about the adventures of a little gray kitten. My 5 year old will love this one. I can't wait to read it with her.
Nick
Apr 02, 2012 rated it liked it
My 8 year old son just read this book and was insistent that I read it. He LOVES all things cat. While it was a very cute story it wouldn't go down as one of my favorites.
Heather
Oct 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This was the book I always wanted my dad to read to me every night!!!
Chris
Aug 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
loved this one - children's book
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BEST BOOK EVER WRITTEN
Shonna Froebel
Chapter book about a cat.
Marguerita Johnson
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet book.

• Sneakers, the Seaside Cat
  • The Nine Lives of Aristotle
  • The Cat at Night
  • Morgan Mine (Serendipity)
  • It's All About Me-Ow
  • I Must Have Bobo!
  • The Day Tiger Rose Said Goodbye
  • Blossom Comes Home
  • Goodbye Mog
Dame Julie Elizabeth Andrews Edwards, DBE is an award-winning English actress, singer, author and cultural icon. She is the recipient of Golden Globe, Emmy, Grammy, BAFTA, People's Choice Award, Theatre World Award, Screen Actors Guild and Academy Award honours. Andrews rose to prominence after starring in Broadway musicals such as My Fair Lady and Camelot, as well as musical films like Mary Poppi ...more

Little Bo (4 books)