Start by marking “Kiss the Moon” as Want to Read:
Kiss the Moon

Kiss the Moon

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  528 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews

Lost in the frozen woods of New Hampshire, Penelope Chestnut discovers the wreckage of a small plane. An aviator herself, she sees clues to a conspiracy in the rusted-out remains.
Rumors of her discovery bring Wyatt Sinclair to Cold Spring, determined to put to rest a family scandal and learn what really happened to his legendary uncle, who had disappeared with his adventu
Published February 1st 2011 by Mira Books (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss the Moon

Gwen
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin
J’ai beaucoup aimé ce livre. Je l’ai presque lu d’une traite.
Bon style d’écriture, bonne intrigue, belle découverte de cet auteur.
Malgré quelques longueurs, on se passionne pour l’histoire et ces personnages.
On voit que les évènements du passé (50 ou 60 ans plus tôt) ont marqué plusieurs personnages et qu’au début du livre tous se posent des questions sur ce qui s’est passé. De plus les on voit la méfiance des uns pour les autres et vice-versa à cause du passé ; certains veulent en protéger d’a
Kelly Moran
Jul 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-reviews
Deep in the woods of New Hampshire, Penelope Chestnut finds the wreckage of an old plane. Rumors of the discovery bring Wyatt Sinclair, who's determined to put to rest a family scandal about his legendary uncle. But an unknown enemy emerges from the past, and desperation to uncover the truth is the only thing that can save them.

I've been a Neggers fan for years, and this wasn't a let down. I bought this not realizing it's an older title and I read it once before. I read it again to refresh, and
Desirée
Jan 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporanea
Leído el 15/02/2010
Ns
Mar 24, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's no surprise Kiss the Moon is another superb mystery by Neggers. The characters are quirky, the clues are subtle and the danger ever-present, whether from a long ago mystery or an everyday threat.

This mystery, although suspenseful was less intense and thrilling than usual. Rather, the mystery had more of a "who-done-it" feel, clustered with conspiracy theories surrounding a decades old mystery. Instead of an imminent threat, it read much like a detective novel where the characters investiga
Kelly
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This novel held a lot of promise from the premise - great line, I'll be cracking that out again in another review near you. Family scandal, illicit romances, dramatic deaths, budding romance and steamy sex! What could go wrong!?

Well nothing really. 'Kiss the Moon' did exactly what it said on the tin. There was suspense, there was romance. Job done. There were some 'twists' to keep it slightly interesting, though they were fairly obvious to anyone with a modicum of suspicion. The characters - bot
Megan
Jan 26, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chic-lit, romance, mystery
Just as the stars say; it was okay. And I was glad I finished it.

It kept me interested enough to keep going, but I wouldn't have been upset if I lost the book mid-way.

It may be because these aren't my kind of books. I'm more into made-up fantasy or historical novels....which, speaking of the latter; I was more interested in that storyline in this book.

I liked the overall plot: The history was cool, the basic mystery was okay, and the ending was...ehh. I kind of guessed part of it, however, the
Clara
Jan 21, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pretty good book. It was the first one I'd read by Carla, and I was impressed with how well she weaved the mystery. A lot of the time you know 'who-done-it' and you're either right, or dead wrong. This was different in the way that throughout the book I couldn't get my own hypothesis straight. There were subtle clues, and in hindsight if I had slowed down my reading I might have guessed it, or at least been closer, but I highly doubt it.

However, if you're looking for a thrilling suspe
Pattianne
Kiss the Moon - Investigative Series #5 - (Penelope and Wyatt) - a plane crash from the 50's is solved by Penelope and Wyatt.

After a terrible accident, pilot Penny Chestnut is grounded, leaving her with time to ponder whether her plane was tampered with and what to do about an old crush on Wyatt McGregor. She's also curious about the disappearance of Wyatt's uncle Colt in the 1930s--his plane crashed and the body was never found. As Penny starts digging, it becomes clear that someone doesn't wan
Loretta
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Penelope finds a long lost plane crash site when she becomes lost in the woods. She thinks it might be the crash in which Colt Sinclair and Frannie were killed 45 years ago. After telling the story initially, she decided to recant her story because of what it might do to the local hermit, Bubba Johns, and to Harriet, her cousin. And thus starts the story of secrets, danger and more secrets. Some of it seemed to wrap up a little too quickly without a lot of clues. But it was enjoyable reading.
Leslie Mesmer
Aug 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice fast read. Although not alot of suspense it did have a little surprise hidden at the end.
I enjoyed the pace of the story. It moved along without drawing things out although somewhat predictable.
Mary Baker
I enjoyed Kiss the Moon by Carla Neggers. I had some of the mystery figured out from the beginning, but had to wait until the end for the rest to be revealed---and I was surprised. The author's writing was very good.
Jan
Mar 05, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
As other commenters have said, this is an ok book, which held my interest enough to finish it. I enjoy most mysteries, but not most romance novels, so would have enjoyed more of the former and less of the latter.
LJ
KISS THE MOON - Okay
Neggers, Carla - standalone

When Penelope Chestnut discovers a clue to a fifty-year-old lovers' mystery, Wyatt Sinclair arrives in town, determined to find out what happened to his uncle, but they uncover a complicated and deadly truth.

It was okay, but only okay.
Stacey
Jun 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been trying new authors lately, I have to say I really enjoyed this book. There were a lot of different twists and turns. Some romance, some adventure and some things I didnt' expect. It's a good story and I'm going to read another one from this author!
Karen
Jan 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good page turner. Looking forward to reading more of her stuff. I like that most of her books are in paperback.
Mary
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just so enjoy reading these books by Carla Neggers!!!
Dcoulti
Mar 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dcoulti by: Cathy W
Excellent mystery/romance. My first intro to this author. I thought it read very well and held my interest.
Cinde Shaw
was true carla neggers. liked it
Julie
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vacay
Beautiful scenery, good characters, mystery and a romance. You can't go wrong and Neggers always tells a great story without being too far-fetched.
Michele
Subtle, quirky suspense; maybe a little too subtle.
Lynn Pembroke
Oct 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another nice mystery. A couple of love scenes, but not so descriptive.
Mary
Jan 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the story but parts of it got on my nerves a bit. Good ending!
Winnie
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first Carla Neggers book and it definitely won't be my last!
Sharon Sherman
Feb 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Secrets, a bit of mystery, a bit of suspense, treasure, and romance rolled into one.
Carmen
May 13, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I consider this a really high three, but not quite four stars. I enjoyed it, but I doubt I'll ever read it again. It was pretty predictable, but I wasn't expecting the very end.
Kay
Mar 12, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There was a lot of driving back and forth on rutted and frost heaved roads and a lot of people traipsing through the woods but I was surprised by the ending.
Jacque
Penelope Chestnut finds the downed plane of a famous missing son of a wealthy aristocrat. His younger brother comes to find the truth. It is a pretty predictable story, but enjoyable.
Pamela
Aug 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

A good romantic suspense. Keep you guessing until the end.
Kathi Pappas
rated it it was ok
Jul 08, 2016
  • On the Edge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1.5)
  • In The Still Of the Night (Blonde Barracuda, #2)
  • Blood Ties (The Searchers, #2)
  • Bloodlines
  • Everlasting Love
  • Edge of Midnight (Chasing Evil, #3)
  • Killer Heat  (Dept 6 Hired Guns, #3)
  • Watch Over Me (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #9; Goddard Project, #4)
  • Tool Belt Defender: A Single Dad Romance
  • One Last Breath (The Borderline #1)
  • Knight or Knave
  • Express Male (OPUS #2)
  • Southern Comforts
  • Betrayed (Rockfort Security, #2)
  • Out of Body (Court of Angels, #1)
  • Picture Perfect
  • Dial H for Hitchcock (A Cece Caruso Mystery, #5)
  • Lethal Lies
Carla Neggers is the New York Times bestselling author of the Sharpe & Donovan series featuring Boston-based FBI agents Emma Sharpe and Colin Donovan, and the popular Swift River Valley series set in the small, fictional New England town of Knights Bridge. With many bestsellers to her credit, Carla loves to write now as much as she did when she climbed a tree at age eleven with a pad and pen a ...more
More about Carla Neggers...