Start by marking “Absolutely, Positively (Lucy Valentine, #3)” as Want to Read:
Absolutely, Positively (Lucy Valentine, #3)

Absolutely, Positively

(Lucy Valentine #3)

"Exposed" by a Boston Herald reporter, Lucy Valentine is suddenly the talk of the town. Long back-story short: Even though the rest of her Valentine ancestors were blessed by Cupid with psychic abilities, Lucy's only special power lies in her ability to find things. This skill has proven quite a blessing for those who come to her matchmaking agency in search of finding ...more
Published February 1st 2011 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published January 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Absolutely, Positively, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Absolutely, Positively

Start your review of Absolutely, Positively (Lucy Valentine, #3)
Paige  Bookdragon

I adore this. The romance is not overly done, the characters are engaging and they all have their own personality.The mystery is also not something that is taken out from Encyclopedia Brown stories and of course I'll be reading the next books in the series.
mlady_rebecca
This series is light and refreshing. The characters are quirky, including the 4 (or 3 *g*) legged varieties. There is a nice mix of "contained within one book" plot versus "development across the series" plot. Also, a nice mix of mystery versus romance.

The books remind me of the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich or the Eve Dallas books by J.D. Robb. All are enjoyable, full of characters that are nice to visit again and again, but the books will never hit that "rock my world" level of
May 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-cozy
The Good: I love Lucy. Her family is a riot and her relationship with Sean makes for compelling reading. More than that, I am really enjoying seeing Lucy come around on Preston and getting to see the reporter has more going on personality-wise than what has been aggressively on the surface. Lucy spends a lot of time doubting if she's doing the right thing with her case and her ability to find someone in this book and I felt that was wonderfully genuine. You get the feeling she cares about her ...more
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019, m-g
Better than book 2. I liked the mysteries and how they tied into each other. I really liked Lucy's full acceptance of her abilities and how she slowly is learning more it herself. I wish Sean would open more for Lucy- he does in this one, but I think he stills to do more since Lucy is pretty much an open book.
(view spoiler)
Sara
Feb 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The third installment of this delightful series did NOT disappoint! Between Lucy Valentine's friends, family, clients, Preston....well, let's just say there's plenty of drama to keep Lucy busy.

"The Lone Ranger" is still at it, tossing $20 bills around then disappearing. Then Lucy notices her mum is dressing and acting differently, making her wonder what's going on. Add in a missing man she's asked by her mum and Dovie to find, and a client searching for the boy she loved when she was in the
Anita
Absolutely, Positivelyis another great installment of the Lucy Valentineseries by Heather Webber. I continue to grow fond of these characters, and really appreciate the subtle development in the romance department as well.

Truth be told, I really don't know what to say about this book that I haven't already said about the previous two books.

Lucy is a great character, steady and lovable. Sean's developments are a great new touch to the story--though I can't remember if his background was mentioned
vliz Gutierrez
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brain-candy
No cheap plot tricks this time, we're back on track! and I'm going to describe this book with the word swoons.
Aurian Booklover
No doubt about it. I am absolutely, positively, sure that I loved this book.
Lucy is doing well in her new job of reuniting lost lovers, working closely together with Preston, almost becoming friends. But this new case might just be way over her head, when the man she has been asked to find, appears to be a master criminal. The story told by her client though, is heart breaking, and Lucy is sure there must be some redeeming qualities in Tristan Roarke. Otherwise, Meaghan would not be still in
Samantha
Didn't like this one as much as the first two

Review to come
kari
Jun 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Another great read in this series.
I love the characters and the way the relationship between Lucy and Sean is developed throughout the series. It may have been love at first sight, but it's also based on spending time together, working out their various issues and learning about each other. You'll hope that these two stay together and nothing happens to separate them.
I also enjoy the mysteries as there are always two or three different puzzles to solve and while I figured this one out before
Donna
I really liked the first 2 books in the Lucy Valentine series. This one was good and I did enjoy it , however, it was not the best in the series. Heather Webber is super cute and is very dedicated to her writing. You can find her everywhere! I never really read books like this but I won a copy of the first book Truly, Madly and was sold. Heather is on Facebook, Goodreads, and seems to pop up everywhere!! I really do enjoy her and I really liked this series.

Lucy Valentine has some sorta psychic
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
Kristi
In the 3rd installment of the Lucy Valentine series, by Heather Webber, we get to visit again with the usual cast of characters. Lucy's on-again-off-again parents, her newly discovered 1/2 brother (didn't know that, you better read #2), The Lone Ranger (not the TV show guy), Preston, and Sean (her love). We're also introduced to a new set of characters which liven up Lucy's already lively life. This time there's a notorious thief, an elderly man who disappears, a down and out rocker who is ...more
Darcy
Oct 13, 2014 rated it liked it
It seemed like I was smiling when I was reading this one. First we have all of Lucy's family drama, so much about that made me laugh. Then there were the lost and found stories. From the start I was rooting for all the people. I wanted Meaghan to find Tristan and for them to get their HEA. It was iffy for a while due to Tristan's past. I hated what Tristan had lived with, but was glad that he learned it was all wrong. Even things with Mac had me hoping. I think things ended great for Mac and his ...more
Jan
4 1/2 stars -- Lucy Valentine's latest adventure includes a missing artist and his dog, a lonely heart looking for her lost love whose last address was a prison,an old rock star, and of course family, friends and love.

These books are just so entertaining. And after reading all three of them, I still can't quite put my finger on why. I think it may just be a perfect mix of romance and mystery. There is so much love in the books. Not just romantic, but love of friends and family. Oh, and some of
Emily
Lucy Valentine is at it again, now that everyone knows she has a gift when it comes to finding lost items using her Cupid blessed talents to help find missing people as well as uniting lost loved ones. When a mysterious and sexy man dubbed The Lone Ranger starts throwing around money on the streets, it ends up causing chaos in Lucy' life as well as her new found relationship with Sean, her newly hired private detective who has captured her heart.

Full review on Single Titles
Luanne
Dec 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is beautiful. We get caught up with my favorite characters - Dovie, Lucy, Sean, etc. But we meet a few new characters that add to the story. I liked how Heather added more on Sean and his heart. I work on the type of pacemaker Sean has, so to me it adds to the story. I have enjoyed this entire series. I have enjoyed this entire series. I am looking forward to more books from Heather Webber.
Judy
Feb 22, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, nook
I've really enjoyed this series. A lot of reviews I've read have compared it to the earlier books in the Stephanie Plum series, and I can kind of see that, but these are much better - plot-wise and character-wise. I'm looking forward to reading more.
MsMiz (Tina)
Absolutely, positively delightful. I LOVE the characters in this series and continue to look forward to them each time. Hope there will be more.
Elizabeth
Apr 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I get such a nice, warm feeling when I read this series. A little mystery, a little romance and lots of interesting characters make these books a delight to read! I loved the dogs in the book, too.
Margie Senechal
Feb 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A little bummed that I'm done with the Lucy Valentine books and now I have to wait for the next one.
Amy Brown
Oct 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another cute installment to the Lucy Valentine series. A little bit chick lit, a little bit mystery and a lot of fun characters.
Rebekah
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
AS PROMISED HERE'S SOME ANALYTICAL THOUGHT: well, sort of. These are kind of like what I think Meg Cabot wants to do with the Mediator and Heather Wells series, and maybe what those books feel like if you haven't read any other Cabot, but her big failing is that her characters let themselves get absolutely trampled all over for the entire book and then ta da! It turns out okay. That's infuriating! Lucy Valentine has her moments of being irritating but overall does okay--the reporter who was ...more
Tina
Sep 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars | 7/10

It's been a long time since I've read this series and I think the magic and sparkle has faded for me. This was still a pleasant read though. I just didn't have the "Oooh... Aaah" vibes.

I won't be continuing with the series because I want my memories to remain untainted. I've been in this position before and the outcomes were always negative. I don't want that with the Lucy Valentine series. I want to look on it with fond memories as my entrance into the cozy mysteries genre.
Debbie
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book!
The mystery was interesting (although I did figure it out before the end), and the slight paranormal twist to the story isn't overdone.
Another thing I really like about this series is that with each book, the relationships between the characters are growing. Not too much, but enough to make you want to read the next one. The characters are still all funny and very likable.
I will definitely be reading book 4 when it comes out.
Ms. Hansen
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series!!

The books in this series just keep getting better and better! I don’t know how Ms. Webber does it, but the characters and their relationships just keep getting deeper and I love them all more with each book. And the mysteries in this one were so well plotted that I really didn’t have a clue where it was going until the end— and yet when I look back, it all makes sense. Brilliant!!
Leslie
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another satisfying addition to the Lucy Valentine series. Reuniting lost loves takes a turn when former foster kids are to be reunited and Dovie's neighbor disappears. Lucy's psychic abilities are put to the test and her concern for Sean's health makes her lose sleep. On top of everything Lucy's parents are getting back together and a lone ranger guy is throwing money around, literally. Mystery, romance, and a little psychic phenomena make this a fun read.
Courtney Johnson
So my library had the first book and the third, but not the second. Luckily this series is one you don't necessarily need to read them all to know what's going on. This is a very lighthearted easy read and one I thoroughly enjoyed. Lucy Valentine is trying to find a missing man, and along the way there are lots of shenanigans. This was a good book and I can't wait to read the next one (hopefully the library has it).
Olivia
Nov 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yet again, Heather Webber has created another enjoyable Lucy Valentine mystery.

The cast and crew are all enjoyable to read about.

Chayong
These books are so steady! I love it!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Play Book Tag: Absolutely, Positively - Heather Webber - 3 stars 1 9 Jun 29, 2016 10:03AM

• A Witch Before Dying (A Wishcraft Mystery, #2)
  • Some Like It Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #5)
  • The Goodbye Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery, #4)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #3)
  • It Takes a Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery, #1)
  • Ghost of a Potion (A Magic Potion Mystery, #3)
  • A Witch to Remember (A Wishcraft Mystery, #9)
  • Gone With the Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery, #6)
  • The Witch and the Dead (A Wishcraft Mystery #7)
  • To Catch a Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery #8)
  • One Potion in the Grave (A Magic Potion Mystery, #2)
  • A Potion to Die For (A Magic Potion Mystery, #1)
  • Size 14 Is Not Fat Either (Heather Wells, #2)
  • Hexes and Hemlines (A Witchcraft Mystery, #3)
  • Bewitched, Bothered, and Biscotti (A Magical Bakery Mystery, #2)
  • In a Witch's Wardrobe (A Witchcraft Mystery, #4)
  • Once Upon Stilettos (Enchanted, Inc., #2)
  • Shock and Awesome (Lexi Graves Mysteries, #4)
Heather Webber, aka Heather Blake, is the author of more than twenty-five novels. She loves to read, drink too much coffee and tea, birdwatch, crochet, and bake. She currently lives near Cincinnati, Ohio, and is hard at work on her next book.

Facebook author page:
Heather Webber Facebook

Facebook Bookaholics Group: Heather Blake Webber Bookaholics

Lucy Valentine (5 books)
  • Truly, Madly (Lucy Valentine, #1)
  • Deeply, Desperately (Lucy Valentine, #2)
  • Perfectly Matched (Lucy Valentine, #4)
  • Undeniably Yours  (Lucy Valentine, #5)
“It was my favorite mug, the one that read: “National Sarcasm Society. Like We Need Your Support.” 1 likes