Start by marking “Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, #4)” as Want to Read:

Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood

(Sisterhood #4)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  68,034 ratings  ·  1,846 reviews
Lena: Immerses herself in her painting and an intoxicating summer fling, fearing the moment she forgets about Kostos will be the moment she sees him again.
Carmen: Falls under the spell of sophisticated college friend for whom a theatrical role means everything and the heritage of the Pants mean nothing.
Bridget: Joins a dig for an ancient city off the coast of Turkey and di
Published 2007 by Random House Australia

To ask other readers questions about Forever in Blue, please sign up.
Caterina Iapicco Carmen says that when she went back to school she met up with him a couple times but she was so insecure in herself from being depressed and anxious a…moreCarmen says that when she went back to school she met up with him a couple times but she was so insecure in herself from being depressed and anxious at school that she did not bother making plans with him again. Basically she didn't feel good enough to date him anymore.(less)

·  68,034 ratings  ·  1,846 reviews

Start your review of Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, #4)
Trina (Between Chapters)
I did really enjoy the depth to the characters in this one. I feel as though the writing has grown a lot since the first book. I maybe connected with each character the most this time around. BUT, I thought this book contained soooo many overdone tropes. And they were so transparent and flimsy!

I was so irritated with Bridget's choices that seemed to stem from nothing more than boredom. (view spoiler)
Erin
Reading Rush: Read & watch a book 2 movie adaptation

I'm surprised y'all!

The first time I read Forever In Pants I didn't enjoy it and when I watched the second movie and realized it was based on this book I was annoyed. In fact I've only watched that movie once because of it(although I still bought the dvd). I can't even remember why I didn't like it the first time around.

Forever In Pants takes place the summer after the girls 1st year in college and things have changed. The girls just can't s
K. Elizabeth
3.5 / 5

I can’t believe the first time I read The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants was when I was in 5th grade—and here I am just finishing the series (I realize there’s a 5th book, but that’s more of an add-on to the series). Either way, this was put off for too long, but I’m glad that it didn’t disappoint.

As always, I connected the most to Lena. As someone who is extremely modest and not too willing to step out of my comfort zone, I felt like cheering for her every time she did something “
Erin
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-borrowed
Re-read 2019

I am so glad that I decided to re-read this series because I realize that the two movies made are part of the reason that I was so confused as to each individual girl's timeline. Book 4 sees the girls now having completed a successful year at college where they are now more used to being away from one another. In fact, the pants have been circulating more often than usual and not restricted to summer. Tibby and Brian are ready to take their relationship to the next level, but will t
Jean
Apr 19, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young adults at heart
I guess the Traveling Pants series couldn't go on forever, especially once the girls started growing up and starting college. As a whole, I would rate the series 4/5 stars. I liked each of the 4 girls for their unique merits/weaknesses/struggles, and the concept of a magical pair of jeans that fit each one of them was special. The collection of memories in the way of scribbles, patches and whatnot on the pants seemed like a cool 3D scrapbook. It reminded me of a journal that 3 other high school ...more
Rebecca
Nov 03, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: high school girls, college girls
I enjoyed this last book in the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants series. It wasn't quite as un-put-down-able as the first three books, and it had a different sort of feel, which I think makes sense, because the four girls are older, in college, and pulling away from their joined-at-the-hip friendships and younger lives.

As with the other books, I recognized parts of myself in Carmen, Tibby, Bridget, and Lena (especially Lena). At times, it was annoying how many questions were asked in this book
Krystal
TRAAAAAAAAASH.

TRASHTRASHTRASHTRASH.

Talk about disappointing endings.

I mean this book was just hanging on to the drama of the past three while pretending to move on and honestly I think we all would have been better off without this book.

Come to think of it, the series probably could have stopped at one.

The first book was the best book.
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
My re-read of the series continues (this time on audio)... all so I can *finally* read the last book, Sisterhood Everlasting.

Original Read: May 2009
Re-Read: Oct 26-Nov 1, 2016

Lena: After four books of Lena being either in love with or heartbroken over Kostos, I would've thought that I would be sick to death of it. And in some ways I was (I mean, we get it already) but the fact is, I always liked Kostos and felt bad for the position he found himself in. While it was nice to see Lena finally make
K.
Eeeh??

I quite liked the first book in this series, but it's been a downhill slope since then. The characters felt like they never learnt ANYTHING over the course of the series and continued to make the same string of mistakes.

I don't understand why the hell Kostas was a recurring character. He's the actual worst and having waded through four of these books, I STILL don't know why Lena liked him.

Tibby's relationship with Brian was...super weird, to be honest. She never seemed particularly into
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Taylor Rector for TeensReadToo.com

FOREVER IN BLUE is truly a bittersweet book! It has a truly amazing story but I'm sad that this is the final book in the SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS series. I never wanted this series to end! It is a remarkable ending to such a great series, though!

Lena: She is afraid that when she finally forgets about Kostos he will reappear. At her college she is taking a summer painting class and maybe she will meet someone new there.

Carmen: Shy Carmen, w
Shannon (leaninglights)
This might be my favorite in the original series. Each of the girl's went on a fantastic journey and learned so much about themselves. Pants = Love
Iryna *Book and Sword*
“Where there is nothing, there is the possibility for everything. When you live nowhere, you live everywhere.”

I keep coming back to the Sisterhood, I just can't get enough of these girls, well, young women at this point. I love how the books grow up with the girls, or girls grow up with the books - whichever way you want to put it, really.

I know I've said this in the review of previous Sisterhood book, but I do not like young adult contemporary books about coming of age. And yet, I love this se
Brittany
Jun 25, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the rest of the Sisterhood series
Recommended to Brittany by: Myself
How I Came To Read This Book: I read the first three?

The Plot: The Sisterhood is back one last time as the girls regroup following their freshman year at college. Although they've all moved forward with their own lives, the girls still share their magic pants (year-round in fact, since they no longer attend the same school). Carmen has retreated into her shell under the shadow of her new friend Julia - the two girls decide to go to a theatre production for the summer as interns where Julia revea
Dawn Michelle
Oct 16, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who read the first three
Recommended to Dawn Michelle by: Read the first three books
Ehh.
This is the fourth and last (though at the end of the book, the author hints that she may at some future point revisit these girls) of this series. And to be honest, a lot of the book fell flat for me. A lot of the plot lines are the same (especially with Bee, who's storyline was very similar to book 1 which was kind of annoying to me) and to be honest, some of the "angst" that the girls go through was overdone and rather tedious as well.

To me, the only storyline I rather enjoyed and relate
Tiffiny
Aug 05, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mothers of daughters so they know what their children are reading.
I read this one to finish out the series. Knowing who the books are primarily written for, I would strongly recommend that mothers read the book first and then determine if they want their daughters to read it.

The conflicts (for lack of a better word) that the protagonists face in this book are rather mature for a young audience. I would exercise much caution.

I think it could be the catalyst for some important conversations on morality and other coming of age topics, and if used in this contex
Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd)
This and other reviews can be found on The Psychotic Nerd

MY THOUGHTS
I think out of all of the books in this series this one was my favorite (but not by much) because I did feel like they were growing up and there was a lot more going on in this book. I did get immersed in this book and read it fairly quickly. The small snippets of each girl made me want to continuously flip the pages of the book, but like the other books, I still did not feel like there was enough.

This book takes place the
Jen
May 11, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I’m finished with the Sisterhood series. Reading these books has been like rereading my high school journals -- pathetic and sometimes painful.

They tell the stories of somewhat typical teenage girls making somewhat typical teenage girl mistakes (albeit in atypical places) and therein lies the problem — we usually do not read books to find characters just like us. We’ve already lived through the mundane high school years where everything is drama, drama, drama until it’s over and and a week late
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
From Bridget's point of view

[Thursday, February 16, 2012] As their lives take them in different directions, Lena, Tibby, Carmen, and Bridget discover many more things about themselves and the importance of their relationship with each other.

I loved the whole series, I read the first 3 books but I wanted to read other things so I took a break and now I am back and I want to finish the last book in the series.
Rachel
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVE LOVE LOVE this book! I always told myself "eh, I'll just put the book down after this chapter ends and wash the dishes," but it's SO GOOD it ends up being an hour before I move from the spot from where I was reading (standing up, of course). I didn't cry at the end, but everything came together and ended quite wonderfully.

This series I'll definitely read again-- I have the 1st movie and love it, but have yet to watch the second because I watched the first 20 min and realized it was a combo
Ashley
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This installment was heartbreaking and poignant. I found myself tearing up at many parts, I am unsure if this is because I knew the young lives of the sisterhood were transitioning over to adulthood or if their problems were too relatable. I loved this one because it contains things that almost every young woman must go through and although the book doesn’t offer any shiny panacea to young women problems, it does offer contentedness with things and the way life goes. I think the fourth summer en ...more
Bitchin' Reads
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the fourth book of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. Originally, this was the end to Carmen, Tibby, B, and Lena's story, but there is now a fifth book out in the world. I will be checking it out soon but I'm not sure how to feel about it. These girls' stories wrapped up well for me. Of course I still have questions about each of them, how they are doing, where their lives went and are going--but isn't that how we feel about all stories we only sneak peeks at? Isn't that how w ...more
Ann
A deeply satisfying conclusion (but not?) to the series. I love these characters and how their imperfections make them endearing and relateable.
Colleen
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this series! One more to go I think...

The only true paradise is paradise lost. - Marcel Proust

One's real life is so often the life that one does not lead. - Oscar Wilde

...and down they forgot as up they grew - e.e. cummings

Oh, life is a glorious cycle of song.
A medley of extemporanea:
And love is a thing that can never go wrong:
And I am Marie of Roumania.
-Dorothy Parker

Pain is inevitable: suffering is optional. - Greta Randolph

Make friends with your sweat this summer. She had a kind of boo
Samantha (WLABB)
Rating: 3.5 Stars

I love a series, which let's me watch characters grow and change, but these characters seem to go one step forward and two steps back all the time. --sigh-- There were moments I loved, but they were usually overwritten by some bad choices that came later. I had more hope for these four in this book. It was still entertaining, even if I found myself frustrated with these women at some point.

BLOG | INSTAGRAM |TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | FRIEND ME ON GOODREADS
Christina
Forever in Blue will leave you feeling miserable and heartbroken. That much could even be suggested in the title. I really enjoyed the journey with these girls and although this one was much more depressing I still reckon this book was worth reading. I would've liked the characters introduced previously to stick around but they were so easily forgotten that I questioned why they were introduced to begin with. (view spoiler) Forever in Blue delivered a bit ...more
Viir
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the 4th book we follow Carmen, Bridget, Tibby and Lena to university and observe how they are adjusting to being apart from each other. Besides Bridget everyone else struggles to find friends. It's just the typical way that you sometimes forget how to start friendships when you're friends were always the same people.

In this book I also developed a little hatred for Bridget, for not giving a shit if someone is taken or married. You need two to tango and just because you are not in any committe
Anniek
Sep 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Out of all four of these books, this one is my least favorite, mostly because of the lack of interaction between the main characters. Some of the characters were rather annoying throughout the book, but I do like the ending.
Kate
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the perfect ending to the series. Very well done
Meghan
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ann know what she doin!
Nusrah Javed
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just like the pants find their way into the girls’ lives, it feels like these books have found their way back into mine.
Goodreads Librari...: Two editions of the same book 3 211 Nov 09, 2018 12:24AM
which of the girls could you most relate to in this book? 15 102 Nov 12, 2014 07:19PM
Kostos Vs. Leo Vs. Paul 7 46 Oct 16, 2013 07:12PM
Lena and Kostos.... 9 69 Jul 07, 2012 10:17PM

• The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
  • Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)
  • Would I Lie to You (Gossip Girl, #10)
  • Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries, #3)
  • All-American Girl (All-American Girl, #1)
  • Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries, #4)
  • Sloppy Firsts (Jessica Darling, #1)
  • Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, #2)
  • Piégée
  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower
  • Kelly McDade : GHB
  • Ready or Not (All-American Girl, #2)
  • Gossip Girl (Gossip Girl, #1)
  • Spells & Sleeping Bags (Magic in Manhattan, #3)
  • Love and Peaches (Peaches, #3)
  • Princess in Pink (The Princess Diaries, #5)
  • Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1)
  • Peaches (Peaches, #1)
Ann Brashares grew up in Chevy Chase, Maryland, with three brothers and attended a Quaker school in the D.C. area called Sidwell Friends. She studied Philosophy at Barnard College, part of Columbia University in New York City. Expecting to continue studying philosophy in graduate school, Ann took a year off after college to work as an editor, hoping to save money for school. Loving her job, she ne ...more

Sisterhood (5 books)
  • The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (Sisterhood, #1)
  • The Second Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #2)
  • Girls in Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #3)
  • Sisterhood Everlasting (Sisterhood, #5)