Start by marking “In the Valley of Shadows” as Want to Read:
In the Valley of Shadows

In the Valley of Shadows

The stunning Lolab Valley of Kashmir. Cold. Crisp. Serene. Punctuated by the blood curdling violence that rips apart the stillness of this paradise. Within the militancy torn valley nestles the ravaged lives of the people who inhabit it. And of the men in uniform who fight for their country. Set against the backdrop of this rugged milieu is the clash of two charismatic lea ...more
Published December 1st 2011 by Wisdom Tree (first published 2010)

Start your review of In the Valley of Shadows
Karthik Kailash
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Major Hariharan aka Harry is on his way to send a dreaded terrorist on his way to his maker when his trigger finger stops. A girl stand in between, allowing the dreaded jihadi Sher Khan to escape.

A furious Harry screams the girl, a local Gujjar called Sahira, considering her a sympathizer, however she shrugs away his words saying she didn't want blood at her door. And the battle hardened Harry is at loss of words, smitten by Sahira's beauty.

In a gory twist, Sahira gets involved with Sher Khan an
Nishant Jha
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
After a long time finished a book within 2 days. This book written by an Ex-SF Officer is quite a riveting read about 2 battle hardened men - one a SF officer and another a Porki Mujahid. And there is a Kashmiri Gujjar woman too. The words used are easy and the plot moves at a very fast pace. I loved the way the encounter & ambush scenes are described obviously due to direct personal experience. The book surely is a must read. And I recommend it to everyone.
Piyush Vikram Singh
Feb 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
OVERALL A NICE READ..HE REALLY HAS THAT PROMISING THING IN HIM TO CARRY FORWARD THE STORY. A GOOD PLOT SUPPORTED BY FAIR ENDING.RECOMMENDED!!
Nipun Jain
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was first hand try on a Indian Army Tales and I am super glad to say this was right choice to introduce myself to this genre.
The flow of the book is so smooth that you can easily get drifted along with the story. The twist and turns of the tale, kept me on the edge of the seat and I could not wait to read the next page. Language of the book is easy to understand and usage of urdu words made the story more real.
The perspective of soldiers, from the either side, was absolutely unbiased. Thoug
Siddhartha Pal
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read

It was pure chance that I came to know about this author. I am an avid reader of fiction or non-fiction books related to the Indian armed forces, so didn't hesitate to purchase both of his books. I am so glad that I did. In The Valley Of Shadows is a gripping tale of vigorous struggle that is going on in the so called paradise whose only casualty is humanity. After reading this book my respect for the armed forces of India have grown manifold. They are not only producing fine gentlema
Akshay Patidar
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: defence
Really good plot of story. Shows the things happening in kashmir from both directions. Loved it... Was unable to put it down once started reading. Hope more will come from Abhay.
Aseem
May 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Raw yet sophisticated story by someone who actually had first hand ground level experience of army operarions. An interesting and enjoyable read
Garima
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well, The start was great and throughout it was gripping. It did paint a vivid imagination in my head throughout. I particularly really liked Abhay's writing style! Very fresh and intriguing. Kudos to that.

The reality was very well woven up with a bit of story to give a little feels. I am in thoughts, as to which parts were real and which were the imaginative story. I guess, only 'Harry' would have answer to that. :)
Nevertheless, I feel Abhay should continue writing.
Vijay IN
Oct 20, 2016 marked it as to-read
llllcvcvm
Akshat
Dec 25, 2011 rated it liked it
A scintillating read!
Abhih Kaasha
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very beautifully portrayed story with Kashmir as background. A fiction with realistic touch.
Vikas Srivastava

• Call Sign Chaos: Learning to Lead
  • Bite of the Black Dogs
  • Guardian of the Gate: A Military History of the Mohyals Fighting Brahmins
  • Kashmir's Untold Story: Declassified
  • Donut Hole: A Marine’s Real-Life Battles in Vietnam During 1967 and 68 Marines, 1st Force Logistical Command Clutch Platoon
  • Undaunted: Lt. Ummer Fayaz of Kashmir