Start by marking “Dragon's Oath (House of Night Novellas, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dragon's Oath (House of Night Novellas, #1)

Dragon's Oath

(House of Night Novellas #1)

The first in an enthralling new mini-series of novellas from the #1 bestselling authors of the House of Night, Dragon’s Oath tells the story behind the House of Night’s formidable fencing instructor – the love that will transform him, and the promise that will haunt him

In early 19th century England, long befor

Published July 12th 2011 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon's Oath, please sign up.
Reona Wright For any future references. They should be read in between the series.
The FledglingHandbook 101 should be read after Burned
Dragon's Oath should be rea…more
For any future references. They should be read in between the series.
The FledglingHandbook 101 should be read after Burned
Dragon's Oath should be read after Awakened
Lenobia's Vow should be read after Destined
Neferet's Curse should be read after Hidden
And the Kalona's Fall should be read after Revealed(less)

Start your review of Dragon's Oath (House of Night Novellas, #1)
~Poppy~
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Anne
First, let me say that I hate the House of Night series. So, if you look at it that way, a 2 star rating really isn't that bad. Still. It wasn't good.

For those of you who have read the HON books, this is Dragon and Anastasia's story. For those of you who haven't read the series...lucky you.

It's got all of the usual House of Night mumbo-jumbo in it. It reads like a wiccan coca-cola commercial. If the whole world could just get together and hold hands, then everything will be ok! Whatever.

I kn
Sophia Triad
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Mercy is stronger than your sword.”
The beginning of the love story between Bryan ‘Dragon’ Lankford and Professor Anastasia. Dragon was just a young fledgling who was already a master on sword fighting and a heartbreaker. A bit older Anastasia is already a professor and she does not believe in violence. Still she will give Dragon a chance.
May 21, 2019 rated it liked it
With a name like "Dragon's Oath" you would expect there to be a dragon, but nope! This book is about vampires. Only this vampire world is not like any other that I've read before. The vampire society (the House of Night) is more like a reclusive group of mages more than anything. "Dragon" is a guy who is aspiring to be a warrior for the clan - he fights like a dragon, thus the name. He's also an arrogant heartbreaker, so Anastasia (the professor of spells) decides to cast a spell that will break ...more
CαthεεBooks
Sep 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to CαthεεBooks by: Stephanie (Bookfever)
Come by my blog, Forever Lost in Books, for MORE reviews, giveaways, interviews and memes!

My (High!) Opinion : So, this is the first book in the House of Night Novellas series, which is a story set in the the Cast's House of Night world, which is awesome.

First, let me say I really like the HoN (House of Night) series by the Casts. And i was really excited when my library contacted me to say this book had arrived in my account. I almost screamed. Okay, maybe not, but I was really happy. I had rea
Maria Mercedes
Aug 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
I've been looking forward to this novella for a while now. Dragon Lankford was my favorite of Zoe's instructors. I always knew there was more to him than beat the eye. This is the story of how he came to be a vampire & how he fell in love with his Anastasia. The mother daughter team tie the modern day story line in perfectly. it is truely a great read! ...more
belle ☆ミ (thisbellereadstoo)
it was okay. i liked that we know more about dragon and anastasia's romance. it was sweet but i wasn't necessarily connecting much with them. also, i appreciated that none of the major house of night characters were present in the novella. ...more
Donna {Book Passion For Life}
I’ve always been a fan of the House of Night series so I was looking forward to reading more about another character. Admittedly when I found out this book was Dragon’s story, I was a bit hesitant but I actually really enjoyed his story. With this novella only being 160 pages, I flew through the book and found I enjoyed Dragon’s story a lot more because it didn’t drag. It was a nice short and simple read and just what I needed.

Dragon for me has always been a likeable character and after losing
Jessthebookslover
The Casts never fail to surprise me. There writing style always a pleasure to read.
Going back to this world, thanks to this FANTASTIC novella, was heart-warming and heartbreaking at the same time. I might have to plan a re reading session of the entire series soon.
Jessica Williamson
Apr 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved this novella. It was just plain beautiful. The present time parts are absolutely heartbreaking but learning the story behind Dragon and Anastasia was truly a gift from the authors.
Annie
Jul 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
The following disclaimers apply to the following review: I've never read anything by either author, I have no idea what series this book belonged too and therefore read it as more of a stand-alone novel, and I won this as a Goodreads First Read.

I've read worse. At least this was relatively short- though not short enough.
All I could think about was the term 'fluffy bunny,' which is a "pejorative expression used since at least 2001 in Wicca (and in Neopaganism generally) to refer to adherents of t
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
A quick read but an enjoyable book.
Both characters Bryan aka Dragon and Anastasia are strong headed characters but with the darkness looking to destroy them both I wonder if Dragon will be strong enough to ward off evil and protect Anastasia too or will he have to make a choice? I guess I will have to continue to see.
Meghan
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It was so nice being back in the world of The House of Night! I loved hearing more about Dragon and Anastasia’s story! I’ve missed the world of The House of Night!!
Lissa Notreallywolf
Dragon's Oath: ★★★★☆
Lenobia's Vow: TBD
Kalona's Fall: TBD
Neferet's Curse: TBD

“Mercy is stronger than your sword.”

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | Review can be found here at Booked J.

Continuing on with my House of Night reread (and in the case of some books, or these novellas, first time reading) with Dragon's Oath! To be perfectly honest with you guys, I'd been procrastinating reading the novellas for YEARS. We're talking almost a decade because I'm nothing if not consiste
Fangs for the Fantasy
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
There is something absolutely wonderful about a short story from the House of Night series – it doesn’t have enough room or enough people to be nearly as awful as the main series. Yes, this book hereby gets the prize for being the first House of Night book that I DON’T think will inspire an invading alien species to wipe us out because the universe needs to be spared our bullshit.

This makes the book good in comparison to the series – but not good.

As I say with every short story as part of a seri
hayden

Seriously. How awesome-looking is that?!

Now, for the review. . . .

DRAGON'S OATH took me exactly 28 minutes and 17.5 seconds to read. That's it. No joke. I timed myself. That being said, there's not a whole lot of new and exciting content. It almost seemed like a short story to me, one with a lot of really extended, unnecessary detail.

The first chapter and the epilogue were in present-day HoN, and chapters two through eight were back when Dragon was Marked
Teresa
4 Stars

I never really connected with Bryan "Dragon" Lankford in the full length novels, he seems distant, cold and more then a little aloof.
Except ,of course, to Anastasia.

Then I read this novella and I saw him in a whole new light.

While at the beginning he is an arrogant, spoiled son of an English Earl, that soon changes. As his world comes crashing down, he finds out the hard way that he is not near as important as he thought he was.

Anastasia was a Quaker until she was Marked by Nyx. A
Lala
Oct 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: HON fans!
Shelves: series, fantasy
"Oh!" She breathed a long, awestruck breath. "They are so beautiful." With a trembling hand, she reached out and traced the new tattoos of the fully Changed vampyre beside her. "What are they? What do they look like?" he asked. "Dragons," she said. "They look exactly like dragons."

Cute. I enjoyed this very short little glimpse into the younger Bryan “Dragon” Lankford. As well as glimpsing Bryan we get to see Anastasia and how they came to be together. It was a very sweet little tale. I would hav
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
*Short review for a short book*

Very predictable. We have a Quaker girl who is very young, especially by vampire standards, who really wants to make sure her students understand she is in charge. We have Dragon, which is a player for sure, since he was kicked out by his father for not keeping it in his pants, he gets marked. Then he becomes a sword master, which makes sense since he just gets by on that and has no real smarts to him. Everyone is obsessed with him, including males, so the Quaker/
Claire
Jun 16, 2011 rated it liked it
Good read, provided an interesting look at Dragon's past and character and why he is the way he is. Didnt really pull me in like the other books but it was a good insight into a character. ...more
Yasmin ✨
This was actually kind of cute and nice. Not great, but just nice enough for 3 stars.
Tessa Vanden broeck
Fun extra with the HoN series!
Kayla
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, if you didn't like the House of Nights series why read these? Also, if you haven't read the series you won't fully be able to appreciate them. I have read and loved the series multiple times and also loved this one. However, I know for a fact if I hadn't read the series prior I wouldn't get the references and would be royally confused. ...more
lucy
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had this book lying around forever thinking I’d just read it whenever I went back to The House of Night series but I needed something to read quickly, and I’ve never been so glad. This novella was literally all my favourite bits of any book put together. It’s made me love Dragon and Anastasia so much more: they’re so perfect for each other it makes my heart hurt.
Emily Ross
This is probably one of the better additions to the House of Nights series. I’m not a great fan of either Dragon or Anastasia from the main series, but this was cute and charming. It provided insight into both characters, and it was quite nice.
Kashi ✨
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lots of feeling. 3.5/5
Moony (The Burglar Baggins) MeowPoff
I really liked that we got to know Dragon Langford better in a way and how is oath to Anastasia came to be.
Teresa
Magic, dragons, vampires and let us not forget love, angst and revenge all wrapped up in a great little novella. I read it in one sitting and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic)
Jul 11, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the House of Night books and Dragon's charcter.
description
This review was originally published on Blogs of a Bookaholic.

A worthwhile addition to the House of Night series: fun, romantic and ultimately satisfying.
Although I was a little nervous about returning to this series after such a long break from it, Dragon has always been my favourite House of Night teacher (of the martial art fencing) so I was interested in finding out more of his back story. For me personally, the most important element of a novella like this is that it enriches your enjoyment
YA Buddy Readers'...: This topic has been closed to new comments. House of Night Novellas by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast ---- Start Date: March 24, 2016 37 12 Mar 26, 2016 03:25AM
SOS: Serious Over...: Can you add the picture to this listing ? 3 16 Jun 14, 2014 07:54AM
Love the cover 10 37 Jan 29, 2014 03:55PM
<3 House of Night...: Dragon's Oath 15 33 Sep 15, 2013 03:14AM
Book Discussions ...: * Dragon's Oath 1 3 Mar 11, 2013 03:59PM

• House of Night: Legacy (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #1-5)
  • House of Night #1 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Echo (Soul Seekers, #2)
  • House of Night #2 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • House of Night #3 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • House of Night #4 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #4)
  • Amber Smoke (The Escaped #1)
  • Mystic (Soul Seekers, #3)
  • Fated (Soul Seekers, #1)
  • Botin des Schicksals (Lovely Curse #2)
  • Erbin der Finsternis (Lovely Curse #1)
  • The Beginning  (Dark-Hunter #0.5)
  • Reckoning (Strange Angels, #5)
  • Horizon (The Soul Seekers, #4)
  • Eternal (Shadow Falls: After Dark, #2)
  • Dragonswan (Were-Hunter #0.5)
  • House of Night #5 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #5)
  • Glück und wieder!  (Lina und die Sache mit den Wünschen #2)
PC was born in the Midwest, and grew up being shuttled back-and-forth between Illinois and Oklahoma, which is where she fell in love with Quarter Horses and mythology (at about the same time). After high school, she joined the United States Air Force and began public speaking and writing. After her tour in the USAF, she taught high school for 15 years before retiring to write full time. PC is a #1 ...more

House of Night Novellas (4 books)
  • Lenobia's Vow (House of Night Novellas, #2)
  • Neferet's Curse (House of Night Novellas, #3)
  • Kalona's Fall (House of Night Novellas, #4)