Jump to ratings and reviews

Angel #3

Angel Fever

As half-angel Willow strives to save the world from her parasitic otherworldly kin, romance and tension heat up to a climactic finale.

In the devastated remains of the world, millions of people live in "refugee" camps provided by the angels who have all but enslaved humanity. As this angelic stranglehold tightens, Willow and Alex are recruiting and training new Angel Killers while struggling to hold ground on the celestial battlefield. But Willow continues to have feelings for Seb, and her love and resolve are tested as a shattering revelation sends Alex on a separate journey. Now that the final battle versus the angels is about to begin-and the fate of the world hangs in the balance-each of them must face the consequences of their own choices. Will love endure? Will the human race survive?

496 pages, Hardcover

First published August 1, 2013

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

L.A. Weatherly

20 books1,855 followers
Lee Weatherly was born in 1967 and grew up in Little Rock, Arkansas, USA. She lives with her husband in Hampshire, England, where she writes, goes on walks, tries out new recipes and has a cat named Bernard.

L.A. Weatherly is the pseudonym for Lee Weatherly. You can follow her on Twitter at @LA_Weatherly

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 30 of 437 reviews
Profile Image for l.
67 reviews68 followers
May 8, 2013
EDIT #256, 14th June 2026: Oh hey guys, I'm still here. I guess they changed the release date again to December 2027. HAHAHA remember that time they told us it was being released in AUGUST 2012?

EDIT #4, 8th May 2013: I lied. It's November.

EDIT #3, 3rd April 2013: JOKES I just noticed that November 12th is the hardback publication date, and it's actually being released in a few weeks.

EDIT #2, 3rd April 2013: I'm taking some deep breaths at the moment. November 2013. November 2013. November 2013. November 2013 . AHGHAGHAHGHGAYUGDNMHNFG(NGDNJDH WHY DON'T YOU JUST SHOOT ME OR SOMETHING?!

EDIT: OK, WHY THE HECK IS THE PUBLICATION DATE CHANGED TO 2013?! PLEASE TELL ME THIS ISN'T TRUE!

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS BOOK. I finished Angel Fire in early February, and I'm already growing impatient! Only 5 more months...5 more months..I can do this...

I just hope this book isn't just Alex and Willow running away again.

I'm looking forward to some epic battles!

ANGEL VS. HUMAN/HALF ANGEL.

xD
Profile Image for Sairah.
7 reviews2 followers
December 30, 2013
Jst finished reading it and it is freaking AWESOME!!!!! I completely recommend it, a beautiful read i promise you <3 Enjoy!

OMG OMG OMG!! JUST REALISED THE BOOK IN PAPERBACK IS OUT! WHOOOPWHOOP! CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON IT!! I WAS RIGHT, THE PURPLE ASPECT OF THE COVER IS GROWING ON ME! :)

description

Also, why is the cover purple???? i know that's a tiny detail in comparison to what everyone else is saying and I'm proabably just nit-picking but seriously...why?? OK so it's the last in the series and has to look special...but now it doesn't fit in with the other books. I mean I like purple but it doesn't fit the books!!! I like the peachy colour they used before!!! WHYCHANGE THAT???

Writing this I realise my rant may be slightly unnecessary *looks around uneasily* I mean the guys on the cover would be attractive normally but the whole thing, colour scheme included looks like a poster for some cheesy trying-so-hard-to-be-cool sci-fi film and the books are soooooooo NOT like that!
(IT'SRUINEDEVERYTHING! WAAAAAHHHH! IWAITEDMONTHSANDIDON'TKNOWHOWMUCHLONGERICANGO!!!!!!!)

Pretty soon, you know, the day they tell us that the book is gonna be given out one chapter a time or the release date is postphoned again or someone gets the book before evryone else and being the selfish f*cker they are, they put spoilers in their review without clicking the special button the kind creators of Goodreads made that lets everyone else know that they're gonna ruin the plot of the book...Then, so help me. I'm gonna loose control.

description

The orange cover with flames is pretty though and it's the one I prefer quite honestly. There are some good parts about the purple cover, when you look closely at the people they fit the character description which is nice and the blue hues on the back cover are really quite beautiful I just wish it hadn't been photoshopped as much!! (Again, apologies all round)

Anyway, Hey Ho maybe I'll grow to like it when I hold in my own two hands. There are only a matter of weeks until that day comes so I'm sure it will grow on me.

**********************************************************************

Hearing about the release of this book...well lets jst say its the greatest emotional roller coaster I've ever been on...It 'd be great if you could join the ride but there's a height/age/weight/ability to appreciate awesome book restriction......
alsoitmaynothavehadanysafetychecksyet
but ya know i'd be happy to describe it to you through an array of magical moving pictures....Don't worry you're not missing out on much...the ride probably would have made you throw up...it sure as hell made me......

description
because I LOVE THESE BOOKS LIKE CRAZY!!!

Seb.....Alex.........mmmmmmmmmm :)
haha Willow and Alex are really sweet together and one of the couples I don't find cheesy or annoying. Seb is also really sweet but hearing about what a tough life he's had makes me want to cry...which brings me onto the next wet-your-pantz-scary loop-the-loop of this ride....

description
how come its not out yet.....they...they don't even have a cover for it yet?

description
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????????? JUST WHY?????? COMMMMEEE ONNNN!!! If this book gets delayed AGAIN there will be hell to pay!!!!! And also Kara batter stay the f*ck away frm Alex or she is in for some mega-cat fight!!!! (half-angel/angel killer fight doesn't have the same ring to it)

In other words I really enjoyed the first 2 books and can't wait for this one to come out. Looking forward to some epic fighting,angel supernatural stuff, sweet romance and friendship!!! These books have got me hooked!! I honestly think L.A Weatherly is a really good writer and yeah, it' understandable that a masterpieve like these books would take time but i wish the book would JUST come out already!!!
Only couple more months to go!!! :)
Profile Image for Donna.
1,045 reviews559 followers
December 13, 2015
"God, Willow. I seriously don't know what I ever did to deserve you." I stretched up onto my tiptoes to kiss his lips. "Whatever is it, I'm glad you did it."

My journey with this series started way back in 2010 and since then, I've been utterly and completely hooked. Now with the arrival of the third and final instalment, I'm left astonished by how truly amazing this series is.

After the mind-blowing events in Angel Fire, Willow, Alex, Seb and the gang are trying to pick up the pieces and work out their next steps. They know they need to continue with the fight against the angel's but, with the world in ruins, it's going to be a even harder journey. Deciding to go into hiding seems like their only choice but, they still need to work hard to achieve the ultimate goal - to destroy all the angels. With the return of someone close to Alex, Alex realises that he needs to go on a journey by himself, which brings some life changing events to Willow. But with the final battle around the corner, Willow needs to take charge and finish thing once and for all - but is she strong enough?

I'm so pleased that Angel Fever was worth the wait - it was amazing, just truly amazing! I was luckily enough to find time to re-read the first two books before I got my hands on the final book, and I'm so glad I did. I never realised how much important information I forget over time, so by the time I started Angel Fever, I knew exactly what was going on. L.A Weatherly delivers an unforgettable finale - one that was so emotional that I was on the verge of tears. I thought my days of nearly crying was over after I read Angel Fire, - which was an emotional sequel, but once again L.A knows how to get her readers going.

As a final story, I thought everything was wrapped up perfectly. There wasn't any unanswered questions or little thoughts I had after - which I find I get a lot after reading a final book, but none in this series. It makes me love it that much more, and that the ending was so perfect. The final battle was just so good too, it was sitting on the edge of your seat good - I was such a huge bundle of nerves.

Willow and Alex have really come a long way. I wasn't sure what was in store for them this time around but again, it was nothing like I expected. I was so invested in their relationship that I felt every emotion that they were feeling, and times, it was completely heart-breaking, but then so beautiful at other times. Willow and Alex are just perfect together - no matter their ups and downs.

In all, Angel Fever is one of the most beautiful and satisfying conclusions I've read in a long time, and this series will forever remain a favourite of mine. It's definitely a keeper, and if you haven't picked it up yet - then what are you waiting for?
Profile Image for TheOriginalNikeGirl.
625 reviews46 followers
March 22, 2019
Arg! Okay, I just read Angel Burn and Angel Fire and loved them, but if the wolrd ends before the next comes out, I'll cry. and i don't usually say that about books. I usually say if the world ends before (insert whatever I'm talking about) I'll be Mad.
But no, with this book, I'll cry. And I don't cry often.

Edit March 21st
Wait a minute... wait one freaking minute! I thought that is had APRIL 23rd.
Now it's NOVEMBER?
No, no, no. NOT COOL.

ACTUAL REVIEW:
This book was just... the best ending to the trilogy that could have happened. I read it in a night, and around eleven I was getting sort of tired and loopy and deep.

A year passed within a night. More than a year passed within a night, actually.

Now, when you have a book and it covers a large amount of time (Like a year) you can either focus on the year that passes (Like Wither) or you could could give a brief overview of how much time has passed but not a lot has happened because the main character is consumed with grief (like New Moon). This book went more of the New Moon route, and I understand why.

I felt a little detached from it though, but it came out alright because when stuff started happening again, the changes to Willow's character were there.

When the whole thing happened, I sort of knew it wasn't possible. Like, c'mon dude. How often do YA authors do that? But he was still definitely so I was trying to figure out how he could be both at once.

Schrodinger's Cat.

Also, I knew Kara hadn't died. At the end of the last book, they'd made too big of a deal about her being disappeared to be dead.

Best of all, one of the things I wanted MOST in this book was to see Nina again so that relationship could come to fruition where so often in YA books the best friends are ignored and forgotten.
I got what I wanted.
Also, Jonah was there, which just made even happier.

There was a point in there where Willow wasn't getting along with Alex OR Seb and Seb and Alex weren't getting along with each other, which hurt me. But they worked it out.

Best series ender I’ve read in a long time.
Profile Image for Ferdy.
944 reviews1,086 followers
August 6, 2013
2.5 stars - Spoilers

Meh. Angel Fever had some good moments but for the most part it was average.

-The conflict between the evul angels and the few enlightened human angel killers was so simplistic — it had no layers or shades of grey. It made the final good vs evul showdown really boring. I would have preferred if the angels weren't all cold greedy, evul douches — it was all so cartoony.

-Willow was a huge Mary Sue, but she still managed to be quite likeable. I really wished that she'd fully moved on in the year that she thought Alex was dead. It would have made things far more interesting when he came back. It was unforgivable that she spent a year mourning him, when he could have just told her his ridiculous plan. And it was dumb that she forgave the fucker.

-Alex pissed me off. All he did was lie to Willow because he was too much of a coward to tell the truth — his lying was made even worse because he specifically promised to tell her if he ever did anything dangerous. He was such a dick.

-I really disliked Seb. He was such a whiny, self-pitying, selfish git. His attitude towards Willow was so annoying — he knew she was in love with Alex, she was clear about who she wanted, and he acted cool with her loving someone else and told her that no matter who she chose he'd always be there for her. He was such a liar, he stopped being her friend just because she didn't dump Alex for him. The bastard. He ignored Willow for months when she needed him, all because she didn't return his feelings — so much for always being there for her. He had no right being angry and pissed at her, he knew the score from the get go, she never led him on, he was the one that lied to her and let her down. All the 'pain' he was going through he bought on himself - I had no sympathy for him whatsoever.
The worst part was that he started dating another girl (Meghan) even though he was still in love with Willow. He then used Meghan and treated her like shit. His whole epiphany at the end that he was in love with Meghan was ridiculous — if he really loved her that much he would have realised much sooner, and he would have fought for her, and he would never have abandoned her so he could chase after Willow. It was clear that Meghan was just second best, she deserved much better than him.

-Raziel was such a boring and ridiculous villain. He had no depth whatsoever, I thought he would start to feel something for Willow or her mother but he only cared about being all powerful. He was so one dimensional and ridiculous.

All in all, it was mostly okay. I would have preferred it if Alex or Seb had died though, instead of everyone getting a HEA.
Profile Image for Nicole~.
11 reviews10 followers
October 23, 2013
Even though the first 2 books were good I swear this book better not all be about romance and running away again I mean really??!

And one more thing: I swear if they use the same girl (and dude) from the first few books to put on the cover yet again- that will most likely ruin the book for me.

Just saying. --'
December 8, 2012
This series is just phenomenal , you fall in love with every single character , I can't wait until this one comes out
Profile Image for Janna.
339 reviews45 followers
August 22, 2017
OH MY GOSH! I AM NOT OKAY!

What a wonderful conclusion to an amazing trilogy! Weatherly thought of everything in Angel Fever. Everything you read in Angel and Angel Fire that didn't seem significant, actually was in the last book! Angel Fever has fantastic (and painful) plot twists which made it very hard to put down.

Also, can I just say how wonderful Weatherly's characters are? They were great when I started Angel, but they grew so much! Even characters who weren't that important went through major changes. I loved that!

I finished this book with a satisfied grin on my face. Well done, Weatherly, what an incredible trilogy! I'm so happy I finally read the last book.
6 reviews4 followers
October 25, 2011
They couldn't have picked a name that made it sound like less of an 60s disco song...

It comes out on the 1st of October 2012

Profile Image for Naqib.
111 reviews48 followers
September 25, 2013
Okay, I am utterly disappointed. I have waited for so long and it is not "that" worth it. Nothing much happen in the story, aside from boring love triangle.

Willow. Well, willow is boring. I like her in the first two books where it is obvious that she was really fighting for the world survival. There were actions and stuff. But in this story, she pretty much do nothing except for the last few chapters. The end she had saved the world... Yay. Another thing that annoys me is that how much she is too hung up on Alex. Okay fine, the guy is your boyfriend, but hello? The world is falling apart and the only thing she cares about is him. *sigh

Alex. Alex pretty much had done only ONE thing. jump into the other dimension, get stuck and conveniently met Willow's mother and Viola! there's the door back to the human dimension. Nothing much.

Seb. God. Seb really. REALLY need a punch in the gut. He was all- oh i have been looking for you half of my life and there is no other girl in this world for me but Willow. then? on one week - i repeat- ONE FREAKING WEEK he flung himself to Meghan. Honestly, i have a huge expectation on him as he being a half-angel whatsoever. i mean, what is the point of being another half-angel but he could not distribute much in saving the world?

i love the first book but i really do not like the third...
Profile Image for Melissa.
1 review
July 15, 2012
excuse the language but i'm not sorry i finished angel fire last october and now the next ones coming out in 2013! i dont fucking think so it says october 2012, so what the fuck is this, grrr... not happy if the book doesnt come out this year i swear i'm going to kill myself.
Profile Image for Sarah Marie.
1,776 reviews223 followers
December 10, 2017
Angel Fever by L.A. Weatherly

Third book in the Angel Trilogy

Angel Fever picks up right where Angel Fire leaves off and wraps up Willow, Alex, and Seb’s story with defeating the angels who have come and started to feed off humans parasitically. The problem with angels is that they leave the humans they feed off harmed and if they are fed off enough they will develop Angel Burn- when a human is mentally gone, but physically present. So, the premise of this trilogy is great. The first book was a solid 5 star-read and I still stand by that rating of the first novel. I absolutely adored the first novel. I loved the characters, the plot, the villain, and the romance. I was a huge fan of Angel Burn. However, the sequel Angel Fire was a big disappoint for me. I gave it 4 stars, but I don’t know if I would call it a 4 star-read. To me Angel Burn has held up in my head, but Angel Fire has decreased mainly because I remember the distaste I had while reading the novel and I was not a fan of the points the series chose take. I was particularly put off by the introduction of Sebastian (or Seb) another half-angel who serves no other purpose than to be the other point in a love triangle.

Now that we’ve discussed my wavering feelings to this trilogy, let’s talk about the final book, Angel Fever. I’m not a huge fan of it. In fact, I would compare this series decline to that of Divergent. A strong, first novel, a mediocre sequel, and a cringeworthy ending. This novel was cringeworthy. It made me uncomfortable. This is mainly due to the atrocious writing. It is not strong and I will give several examples as to issues I had with the writing. The main problem is the sentence structures that Weatherly chooses to use. They are absolutely cringey.
“The part of you that’s here is still twenty-one. I guess you always will be. But in the other world, you’re old enough to be Willow’s mother.” – Alex as he talks to Willow’s mother. Obviously, she’s old enough to be Willow’s mother because SHE IS!
The dialogue is stilted and doesn’t flow well. It doesn’t feel natural and it made me uncomfortable. Also, this book is predictable and I will tackle that in the character section, but I called literally every single event that happened in this novel. Not one thing was shocking or thrilling. There were no plot twists. It was a steady trek up the mountain from point A to B and that can sometimes benefit the story, but it was lackluster and boring.

Whimsical Writing Scale: 1.25

The main female character is Willow. Willow has become more of a horrible and selfish person as the series progresses. She is obsessed with thinking that the world revolves around her and then is offended when things revolve around her getting her head out of her ridiculous love triangle and actually having to do something. She also thinks that everything Seb does is because of her, but doesn’t want him to love her. She perpetuates his unhealthy obsession because she is offended when he is not obsessing over her. It’s ridiculous. There’s a quote that perfectly sums Willow’s outlook on life and how I feel about her, “You know, I’ve heard a saying here: You can’t have your cake and eat it, too. Well, I’m making up a new saying: You can’t refuse cake and then get upset when someone else takes it.”
Willow is also indecisive and can’t not only make up her mind about which man she would prefer to shove her tongue into, but she also wants to pick fights with people at the most inconvenient times. The time to tell someone you were intimate with another man is not within days of angels attacking and possibly killing all of you. She’s an idiot.

Kick-Butt Heroine Scale: 1

The main male characters are Alex and Seb. Okay, so I’m going to talk about spoilers that are major to this novel, so don’t click unless you have already read this novel or if you don’t care Alex also isn’t as swoony as he used to be. He is the best character of these three, but he was just a little too much. I don’t know. I just wasn’t feeling him. Don’t get me started on Seb, though. It must be a half-angel thing because he was as angsty as Willow. If he wasn’t whining about Willow not loving him then he was whining about having to break up Meghan even though he was in lover with her. UGH.

Also, I’ve never liked Seb and Willow together, so that scene where they are about to almost have sex is so gross and I would like to scrub it from my memory.

Swoon Worthy Scale: Alex- 3 Seb- 1.25

The Villain- Raziel is the one shining light in this series, but he isn’t even the best villain in literature. Still, he is a lot of fun to read about and his POVs were the best part of this novel.

Villain Scale: 3.75

There are a lot of characters introduced in this novel. Characters come back from book 1 and 2. It’s a lot. To be honest, I don’t care about a single one of them and they are all irrelevant to me. There wasn’t enough characterization on characters outside of Willow, Raziel, Alex, and Seb and that made it hard for me to connect with any of them.

Character Scale: 2

The only sad thing about this finale was but besides that nothing of consequence really happens and this series ends up on a cheesy and happy note. If you loved Angel Burn, if weary of recommending the rest of the series, because for the me it wasn’t worth it. However, I recommend trying the second book and using that to decide if you want to continue. If you don’t finish the sequel or don’t like, then don’t pick this one up.

Plotastic Scale: 2.25

Cover Thoughts: Is this a Pantene commercial? This is my least favorite cover in this trilogy, but I love the color palette.

Thank you, Netgalley and Candlewick, for providing me with a copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review.

Other Reviews in This Trilogy:
1) Angel Burn 5 stars
2) Angel Fire 4 stars
Profile Image for Maria (highinthebooksky).
320 reviews48 followers
February 15, 2015
wow i literally read this book in one sitting! a real page-turner! and a great conclusion to the series!
it's really sad that this series isn't well-known bc I really loved it ! a unique angel story with gripping plot and action scenes and of course awesome love story! I recommend it to all the paranormal fantasy lovers out there!
Profile Image for chev!.
410 reviews121 followers
July 3, 2022
the summary
It was slightly better than the second book, though the series did not really work out for me.
the rating
2/5
Support my reviews by giving it a like!
Find me on:
Instagram: @chevreads
Wattpad: @writerthursday
Pinterest: @thursdayfrappe
Youtube: @chevreads
P.S. Add me as a friend :) I like to read romance novels and mystery stories
Profile Image for Beth.
3,124 reviews261 followers
October 25, 2013
Angel Fever is the conclusion to this brilliant series by L.A. Weatherly. It has all come down to this, we've waited,we've watched the characters grow and mature and now the finally battle to take possession of the earth is near.

Willow, Alex and the Angel killers must pull out all the string and weave a few new ones to have even a small chance to defeat the powerful angels that have enslaved and are feeding off most of the world's population. Internal turmoil might under mind the Angel Killers, can they pull themselves together in time to save the world?

This is an absolutely fabulous book! I loved it. I found Angel Fever packed full of nail biting suspense, action, unexpected heros, heart breaking loses and love to last a life time. L.A. Weatherly pulled me in and kept me riveted to the pages from start to finish, leaving me wanting more.

I recieved this ARC copy of Angel Fever from Candlewick Press in exchange for a honest review. This book is set for publication November 26, 2013.

Written by: L. A. Weatherly
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Age Recommendation: 14+
Learn More at: L.A> Weatherly's Website

Find this book on: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

For more reviews check out Tome Tender's Book Blog or find us on Facebook.
 photo 3d90fbae-beef-4ecf-942c-548f79c0a58a_zps8343b44f.jpg
Profile Image for Turkan Taskin.
132 reviews31 followers
Shelved as 'will-not-read'
October 3, 2017
Ermmmm, the front cover?

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!"

GIFSoup

Willow looks like she has vision problems or she can't see well , Seb needs a haircut and what's up with Alex's hair?? In a nutshell, the front cover has to change or it has to look more real, 'cause as far as i know Angel has nothing got to do with animation.
Profile Image for Kate Gardner.
20 reviews19 followers
January 18, 2013
WHY IN THE HOLY HEAVENS IS IT TAKING SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG (2 POO FACE YEARS) FOR THIS AMAZING WRITER TO RITE THE LAT CONCUSION TO THIS VERY VERY VERY VERY ADDICTIVE AND BRILLIANT SERIES???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!!!

i think i might just happen to die befoe then D=
Profile Image for Rachel.
277 reviews43 followers
November 5, 2013
I know that this is FINALLY coming out this month and that I should be excited about it. It's great that my friends who got ARCs loved it (sure I will too).

It's just that my memory needs a refresher before diving into book 3! I want the whole experience of finishing the journey with Willow, Alex, and Seb. If I started Angel Fever right now I'd be cheating myself. -I have so many books that are must reads right now that I don't have time to start the whole series from the beginning :(

I understand authors need time to write/create, BUT it STINKS as a reader :(

photo tumblr_m56hxunQgU1rwhsbvo1_250_zpse1a7a31d.jpg #READER PROBLEMS
Profile Image for Georgia.
272 reviews
January 12, 2014
It's all over :(

This was so heartbreaking and stressful but I loved every minute of it.
Profile Image for Mateja.
552 reviews59 followers
August 12, 2016
I'm so glad I am finally done with this series. The only thing that made me keep on reading was my compulsive need to finish a series I've started. This is an example of a series that just kept getting worse for me with each book I've read. The things I could tolerate in the previous installments were unbearable to read about in Angel Fever. The disbelief over some things was just to strong to keep on ignoring it.

Firstly, I cannot get over how ugly the series' book covers are. I know I'm not supposed to judge a book by it's cover and in the past I've been pleasantly surprised by books with awful covers, but in this case it really influenced my reading experience. The whole time I was reading I pictured Willow as a mean, sullen 12-year old girl as she appears to be on the cover and Alex as a creepy Goth kid. It was totally distracting and not to mention weird when I was reading a make-out scene.

But aside from that this book failed to grip me with its story. I found the premise far fetched despite keeping an open mind (necessary for when reading YA fiction). How is it that in a world with billions of people only a handful of them realize the true danger of angels, when the negative effects they have on people are so glaringly obvious? There were other instances where my mind just went HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? There were more things like that but I don't want to get into them, it's not good for my blood pressure.

On top of that I just didn't care for any of the characters and I absolutely hated Willow. She's so emotionally immature despite everything she's been through. She's constantly gazing at Alex, thinking how gorgeous he is and how she cannot believe he was with her. It was really tiring reading from her POV. Not to mention who wants to go into a battle with a girl who gets easily distracted by the sight of a pretty boy? Plus she's so selfish when it comes to Seb. That love triangle really brought out the ugly side of her. The only one I kind of enjoyed was Seb, but even he had a lot of pathetic moments where he was mooning over Willow. But I loved him when he was with Meggie. They were adorable.

Anyway, this series goes into the never ever read again pile for me (which I keep in a box in the corner of my room, hidden from view).
Profile Image for Sarah.
44 reviews
February 26, 2014
Wow. Just Wow. FREAKING AMAZEBALLS!!!!! ONE OF MY FAVORITE SERIES AND SUCH AN AMAZING END!!!!! Wow if i could give this 100 stars i would! So sad its over though :(

Oh and just a little side note... doesnt this song just remind you of Seb and Willow?

Profile Image for Kelsey van Dillen.
624 reviews35 followers
June 23, 2015
Het was even inkomen dit boek. Door zekere gebeurtenissen, vond ik dit boek niet net zo leuk als de voorgaande. Het einde was dan wel weer heel mooi!
Profile Image for Katrin.
38 reviews
August 11, 2017
Это одна из лучших серий книг, которую я когда-либо читала. Каждая часть вызывала у меня так много эмоций, это просто не описать словами. Изначально, нечаянно взяв в библиотеке вторую часть вместо первой, я не придала особого значения этой книге, и уж точно не думала, что она так повлияет на меня.

Мне безумно понравилось всё: сюжет, герои, то, как пишет автор. Я прив��залась ко всем героям, которые сделали эту серию такой замечательной.

Уиллоу - полуангел и просто девушка, умеющая чинить машины и желающая защитить всех, кто ей дорог. Иногда меня раздражала её неопределённость в своих чувствах, но она неизменно выбирала того, кого действительно любила, ради которого была готова умереть.
Даже если он никогда не будет испытывать ко мне ответных чувств, неважно. Я всё равно хочу быть с ним. Я всегда хотела быть с ним.

Несмотря на это, она всегда испытывала теплые чувства к Себу, и делала всё для того, чтобы он был в безопасности. Я горжусь этой девушкой, горжусь тем, что даже спустя всё, через что она прошла, она смогла быть счастливой и сделать счастливой окружающих.

Алекс - парень, который с пяти лет учился истреблять ангелов. Он потерял всю семью, всех родных, но нашёл ту, ради которой готов на всё, ради которой живёт и будет жить.
Он обещал себе не привязываться ни к кому, даже к друзьям. И уж точно не испытывать таких чувств, какие он питал к этой к девушке. Это не стоило того: ведь привязавшись к человеку, он неминуемо потеряет его, рано или поздно.

Себ - полуангел, который с детства был совершенно одинок, но всегда чувствовал, что где-то на Земле есть его родственная душа, есть ещё одна девушка, такая же, как он. Он любил её все эти годы поисков, и когда уже отчаялся найти, они встретились. Даже несмотря на невзаимность чувств, он всегда оставался рядом, и лишь когда они немного угасли, позволил себе быть счастливым с другой девушкой, но даже тогда не забыл о Уиллоу. Они стали действительно, как брат и сестра друг для друга. Безумно милым было то, как Себ называл Уиллоу на протяжении всех двух книг - querido (исп. "любимая").

Эта серия заслуживает сотни звёзд, и я безумно благодарна автору за эту историю и за то, что она позволила её героям быть счастливыми в конце концов. Просто спасибо.
Profile Image for Simone Liedtke.
18 reviews6 followers
July 20, 2018
The "Angel" series by author L.A Weatherly had me somewhat hooked from the start. Why, you ask? Well, for one, since when are angels the bad guys?

And two, following the story of Willow Fields as she discovers her true nature and struggles with every day romance and discovery problems... Well, even nephilim (a half angel) have problems too.

I am aware that this review is somewhat out of sync with the rest of the series, as book one and book two aren't noted on the blog... But really, Angel Fever is the only motivation you need to read this series.

In the devastated remains of the world, millions of people live in "refugee" camps provided by the angels who have all but enslaved humanity in this third installment. As this angelic stranglehold tightens, Willow and Alex are recruiting and training new Angel Killers while struggling to hold ground on the celestial battlefield.

Meanwhile, Willow continues to have feelings for half angel Seb... Who has dreamt about Willow his whole life.

Angel  Fever follows the final battle in what is, ultimately, angels vs the rest of the world. I must admit, I thought Willow was going to leave Alex in the dust after the epic stunt he pulled (Read it, and you’ll know what I’m talking about).

I was, however, glad that L.A Weatherly’s spin on the love triangle kept to its foundations instead of following The Vampire Diaries route of choosing the second option over the first.

Willow learns a new secret about herself in the first instalment and finds herself not just running for her life, but falling in love too. But the question is, will she survive?

Your typical dystopian story, with a new take on the angel myth, Angel Fever deserves an easy 4 out of 5.

Book Synopsis:

*Please subscribe to my blog, Simsational Reads. Link to review: https://sims1496.wixsite.com/simsatio...
19 reviews2 followers
July 22, 2016
I'm torn for my rating for this book. The good points about "Angel Fever" is that it stuck to its main plot. There weren't any nonsensical plot twists or derailments from what I had signed up to read. Yes, I can conclude that I did like the book, but, there was just something about it that was unreal, and I'm not talking about the angels. I'll try to explain what I mean...

WARNING: SPOILERS

I'll try to hide the major spoilers, so don't worry.

The major problem with this book is that I am torn between being happy for the characters and thinking, "Nuh uh, this is just too unrealistic." Okay, maybe unrealistic isn't the right word for this because it is always a possibility, but the book pretty much is built around adding semi deus ex machina to make everybody happy at the end.

For example, a new character, Meghan, was introduced . She doesn't really play any sort of important role except for the fact that her very existence resolves a conflict.

As predicted, there is a way that only Willow has that will save humanity, but, this just seemed too simple. I mean, the way the Weatherly explained made a lot of sense and all, but I guess that there's just some sadistic part of me that hoped that the way to save humanity involved a lot of hardship for the characters and wasn't so... easy. However, if you read the book, you could most definitely make the case that the characters go through lots of hardship and even the conflict to the problem isn't as easy as it seems. You could just say, that for some reason, I didn't want such a happy ending.

Anyways, on to the characters...

Willow - it's no spoiler to say that she was, is, and will always and forever be a Mary Sue. Now, in her case, it really isn't a bad thing. I personally do not find her to be annoying, except I sometimes got irritated with all the lovey-doveyness between her and Alex and the romance triangle angst. I think that Willow drew the short end of the stick for this book. In the first and second books of this trilogy, I pretty much thought that, even though I should feel sympathy for her as being labeled as a terrorist, she didn't really suffer any hardships when compared with the rest of the characters. In this book, though, I sorta respect her.

Alex - If I sorta respect Willow, then I sorta hate Alex. Let's just say that he breaks a really, really important promise to Willow. Also, I hate the fact that he had to break that promise 'cause the plot of the book wouldn't work if he didn't. It's like Alex was made into a dick for this very purpose. Although, I like how Weatherly made her character admit what a huge dick her was and what a horrible mistake he made.

Seb - I could relate to this character more than the other to, though I've never actually experienced anything of what he's felt. It's just that the way he treats Willow makes sense to me. However, as the story progressed, I also got irritated with him in a way that was once again a fault of how Weatherly purposely made the book flow this way.

Raziel - I don't remember much from "Angel Fire," but didn't the dude die? Actually, I don't really know, so I'm not sure if this really need to be explained or not except for the fact that the main trio seemed so surprised that he was still alive. Anyways, the guy only semi-developed when he started losing sleep because of his dreams about Willow's mom. I was starting to wonder if he might grow some complex feeling for his family, but that all stopped when the climax of the book took hold

All other characters are pretty superfluous in my opinion. You do get answers in this book to question you might not have really been thinking of and the ending is pretty clear cut with not much left to really strain over. Well, okay, so there might be some things left to wonder about, but they don't really pertain to the main cast, so whatever.

Overall, I liked the book, but, I don't know, I guess it's just that it could have been... well, I don't want to say better, but at least more relatable or unexaggerated I guess.

Profile Image for Stephanie Ward.
1,173 reviews115 followers
November 30, 2013
4.5 Stars

'Angel Fever' is the gripping conclusion to the young adult fantasy/paranormal Angel Trilogy. It picks up right where the previous book left off and continues to follow leading lady Willow Fields along with Alex and Seb as they try to figure out what to do next in their war against the angels. As more devastation rocks the world, they flee to a remote CIA bunker in the middle of the desert, where Alex, Willow, and the rest of the group begin to recruit and train new Angel Killers. Meanwhile, Raziel continues to have devious plans in the works - for both the humans and the angels. Alex discovers that there might be a way to finally defeat the angels once and for all, and heads back to his home base to attempt the feat himself. Willow, Seb, and the rest of the AKs keep training - preparing themselves for the war that is coming. Who will be left standing at the end? Will Willow and the AKs find a way to defeat the angels for good?

This was one of the most compelling trilogies I've ever read and the final book didn't fail any of my expectations. There's a ton going on in the book - Raziel and his evil plans, training new AKs in the desert, Alex and Willow's relationship, Willow's feelings for Seb, and the fact that a war is being waged by angels - is just the tip of the iceberg. The characters continued to be realistic and flawed - after reading the entire trilogy I really feel like I know them all by now. I liked getting to know the three main characters - Willow, Alex, and Seb - better throughout each book along with seeing how their relationships with each other changed. The plot was ridiculously awesome - filled with action, twists, a bit of mystery, romance - basically a bit of everything. I have to admit that with this trilogy, something really hit a nerve with me because I cried in this book - more than once. As I did with the second book. Let's just say that there were some points in the books that made me so emotional that I literally couldn't continue reading for awhile because I was crying so hard and I was extremely upset. I normally don't react viscerally to books and when I do, I know that I've discovered a great author. Needless to say, these books are definitely on that list and I really haven't reacted to any characters that intensely before except for maybe a couple of other times. The writing was incredible - the plot was really fast paced and I literally couldn't stop reading. There was so much going on all the time - whether it was action with the AKs or relationship stuff with Willow and Alex, it was all exciting and I was hooked right from the start. I couldn't wait to find out what would finally happen in the war and how things would finish between Willow, Alex, and Seb. I don't normally like love triangles and this didn't change with this trilogy - it might have even made me hate them more. It definitely gave the book more depth and emotional action, but I have to admit that it made me mad sometimes. Overall, this was an explosive conclusion to the trilogy and I don't think it could have been done any better. I highly recommend this book - this entire trilogy - to fans of fantasy and paranormal romance as well as YA fiction. You need to read this series if you haven't already!!

Disclosure: I received a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Alison.
176 reviews6 followers
August 20, 2015
4.5 stars - almost perfect!

I was worried about picking this one up initially. I didn't think much to the second one because it was too long, had an unnecessary love triangle and had terrible pacing issues. BUT... as I really did want to know how it ended and becuase I really loved the first one, I finally got round to reading this final installment. And I'm soooo glad that I did!

There was nothing to worry about in the end. It was great. Its not too long, it didn't really have any more of that love triangle getting in the way of the storyline and it certainly didn't have pacing issues anymore. This one might actually be better than the first one but I can't decide.

What makes this one really interesting is that it takes place over the space of about 2 years so there are actually jumps in time when the story progresses without being described in detail, which worked nicely because we didn't need to know every single thing that happened in that time so instead we are given a couple of paragraphs summing up the events during the time jump very nicely to show roughly what's been happening. It worked really well. It meant that more could happen in the story and relationships could progress without seeming rushed because the time was actually passing by.

The action and suspense are another thing that makes this book so impressive. Every so often something would happen that I wasn't expecting or a fight would occur out of the blue and loads of people would get killed and it would all be so exciting and fast paced that I would find myself reading 100 or so pages in very little time. I really loved this aspect.

There are a couple of big twists too that help to make this book awsome. I was torn between laughing and crying several times because this book is just such an emotional rollercoaster. The ending was (to me) perfect. I loved it. It was so climatic and intense and fast paced and had a very cinematic feel to it.

I don't want to criticise the book too much because I felt the series ended on such a high, but as this is an honest review I do need to point out why I took of half a star. And its only a little thing but... the romance - although 90% perfect, there were just some scenes that were a little too mushy in my opinion... a little cringy and sickly sweet. But... again, this is a small critisism and its not like its a new thing for this series anyway - the romance has always been super mushy between these two characters right from the first book so I should have expected it but, I can't ignore it so that's where the half star went!

I'm so glad this series ended well... and that I finally picked up this last installment. I will definitely look out for anything else this author writes.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 437 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.