Start by marking “The Findhorn Garden: Pioneering a New Vision of Man and Nature in Cooperation” as Want to Read:
The Findhorn Garden: Pioneering a New Vision of Man and Nature in Cooperation

The Findhorn Garden: Pioneering a New Vision of Man and Nature in Cooperation

Một năng lượng tỏa ra tràn ngập và giúp mọi sự sống phát triển hơn. Trong khi năng lượng này có thể giao tiếp với chúng ta qua cây cối, các tinh thần thiên nhiên hay những con người mà chúng ta đang cùng chia sẻ cuộc sống trên hành tinh này, tất cả là những phản chiếu của một hiện thực sâu sắc hơn ở đằng sau và bên trong chúng. Bí ẩn này đã trở thành hiện thực tại khu vườn ...more
Published October 1st 1976 by Perennial (HarperCollins) (first published 1975)

To ask other readers questions about The Findhorn Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Findhorn Garden

The Iron King by Julie KagawaWicked Lovely by Melissa MarrDarkfever by Karen Marie MoningTithe by Holly BlackWings by Aprilynne Pike
Books about Faery
1,036 books — 2,372 voters
Outlander by Diana GabaldonMacbeth by William ShakespeareThe Winter Sea by Susanna KearsleyDragonfly in Amber by Diana GabaldonVoyager by Diana Gabaldon
Books Set in Scotland
799 books — 613 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of The Findhorn Garden: Pioneering a New Vision of Man and Nature in Cooperation
michael
Jan 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Very smart gardening practices with multidisciplinary ways to approach organic gardening. I can now say that I talk to every plant before I trim it, pull any fruit off, or move it. All thanks to this book.
Amethyst
Jan 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
An early New Age book. An experiment in gardening, in forming an intentional community, and communication between the sensitives and psychics and visionaries and the plant kingdom. A reminder that we are vibrational beings, in constant interplay with animal, mineral, and vegetable kingdoms and Nature. What we do, and the intentions behind it, matter very much. Nice to remember a more innocent time.
Alison
This is the story of what can happen when humans realized there is more to this world than what our five physical senses can tell us. This is a beautiful book about a very special place that teaches us to work with spirit in all that we do. When we choose to wake up and acknowledged the Devas and nature spirits, and give them the love and respect that is rightfully theirs, when we choose to work with them as equal partners, miracles can and will happen!

We are all individuals but we are also part
Amy Vickers
The value of this book is that it tells a story of three peoples' remarkable spiritual path.

Everything they did was directed by their mystical experiences. According to their account, one communicated with God, one communicated with nature spirits, and the third was the practical driving force that moved them forward. Miraculously and inexplicably, it works out.

Findhorn still exists today and according to a 2006 study by the Stockholm Environmental Institute they have the smallest ecological fo
Kelda
Feb 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: permaculture
Yay! Hippies, gardens, and tripped out pictures. Awesome, this will change my life....
Evan Anderson
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A life-changing book for me. It was hearing about a place in Scotland called Findhorn that set me on the path I still walk today. Though I've never set foot on the actual community, it was this book (and Paul Hawken's "The Magic of Findhorn") that gave me the clear underlying premise of what's made this and other outposts of intentional living both magical *and* practical.

Interesting that others have mentioned how it affected their practices of gardening. I recall more Eileen Caddy's stories of
Jonathon Moore
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
The photography of Kathy Thormod and Will Elwell with the black & white double exposes and amazing nature photography from both abstract and landscapes is worth perusing. The book has hippy-dippy new-agey stuff, but the personal stories, practical gardening tips, poetry, and small bio-diaries of the ecovillage ("spiritual community") of north Scotland make it a good read with inspiring insights (give or take). ...more
Thai Son
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good, inspiring book, but I suppose the most relevant part for me was the last chapter (The Garden Today). The rest are more or less short essays/ reflections from notable individuals who worked at the Garden.
Robin Ferguson
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
May we all live with the nature spirits and honor all life.
Rune Rasmussen
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-age
I sometimes think about which language one chooses to use about everything. What is behind those choices? What are the strengths and weaknesses of a chosen, created, vocabulary. In this book about The Findhorn Garden there is a great sense of exploring something new, something revolutionary but with the understanding that this is something that will evolve over a very long period of time. It is a new age book for sure but it seems to avoid some of the hierarchical traps of that. By that I mean t ...more
Katie R. Herring
The Findhorn Garden Story may indeed be just a tall tale, although I'd like to believe.

This was a beautiful story, literally. The prints in this edition were gorgeous, and make me want to be a better gardener (correction, be a gardener period).

While I am filled with doubt concerning Devas and nature spirits, I would like to believe-- and that's half the battle, I believe.

This was the last book I had to read for my literature and ecology class, and I think it was a good call on my professor's pa
Mary
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is the well written story of the founding and evolution of the gardens and community that flourishes on the Findhorn peninsula in Scotland. Working in co-creative collaboration with nature, the founders built gardens and soil from a base of sand. A textbook for how we can reclaim and restore the balance between man and nature - neither dominant, both bringing their gifts into creative partnership.
Robert Blakesley
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: changed-my-life
An audio-visual presentation in 1974 in Portland, Oregon, by Peter Caddy, founder of the Findhorn Foundation in Scotland, followed by an avid read of this and three related books, sparked curiosity in me that was so strong that I couldn't not go there. Going there totally changed my life, and gave me life-long hope for a future for my kids and our troubled planet. The other three books are: "The Magic of Findhorn", "Revelation, The Birth of a New Age", and "God Spoke to Me".
Nabi
Jul 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Believers in Nature Spirits, Gardeners with an open mind, People interested in Findhorn
Recommended to Nabi by: Avena Botanicals
This is a fascinating account about the founding of the amazing Findhorn Garden in Scotland. Findhorn is now a famous spiritual retreat center, but upon learning about its impossibly lush gardens, I picked this book up... the story that unfolds is for those who are open-minded about Nature Spirits and how we are all interconnected to all of life...
Roger Buck
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book had a profound impact on my youth, leading me first to visit, then live in the community and really devote nearly 20 years of my life to its ethos and vision.

But then I got lucky. A certain grace befell me and changed everything: http://corjesusacratissimum.org/2012/...
Mary Jo
Jan 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Read this and the Pig Who Sang to the Moon and you will understand better why I can't kill spiders and other bugs...well, I do make exceptions for flies and roaches -- thank god I haven't seen one of those in years. For more depth about this book, click the book for standard review.
Amber May
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is refreshing to read. It shows enlightenment in ways that I never thought possible. Some of the story may be hard for some to swallow, but regardless, it has much to learn from. I really enjoyed this amazing story.
Ketutar Jensen
Mar 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another one of my "Bibles".
Brian Derbes
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Do you believe? Can you believe?
Sandy
An accounting of how the community/garden was started and an update of what it is like today(2003).
Julie
Dec 30, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I couldn't make it through, I'm glad I read some of it. It was very inspiring for creating a garden with hard work and mindfulness.
Roberta
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Some stories start great and end because folks stop believing and supporting their truth. Unfortunately this happened in this one. Oh and it is eco-preachy....
Mimielle LaFauve
Jan 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
An awesome and magical yet practical and very down to earth book!!
Sue
Jan 29, 2009
Betsy Ann
Jun 26, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Sách Chuyền Ta...: * Chuyện học Sufficient Economy ở Thái Lan 3 13 Jan 28, 2018 07:42AM

• Autobiography of a Yogi
  • Тёмные аллеи
  • Hạt Giống Tâm Hồn (Tập 1) - Cho Lòng Dũng Cảm Và Tình Yêu Cuộc Sống
  • Il coperchio del mare
  • Chai thời gian
  • Mondo et autres histoires
  • Tru Tiên
  • Đèn Không Hắt Bóng
  • The Penderwicks on Gardam Street (The Penderwicks, #2)
  • Bàn Có Năm Chỗ Ngồi
  • Theo Giòng, vài ý nghĩ về văn chương
  • Şimdiki Çocuklar Harika
  • The Tree of Man
  • Art and the Creative Consciousness
  • From the Nile to the Jordan
  • Lost and Found (The Boy, #2)
  • The Miracles of the Namiya General Store