Start by marking “Lair of the Jaguar God” as Want to Read:
Lair of the Jaguar God

Lair of the Jaguar God

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  56 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
In the steamy Guatemalan jungle, Kit fights to prove his archeological skills while struggling with his attraction to the seductive Tony, who arouses feelings he is desperate to deny. Tony has his own secrets. A were-jaguar, he is still bound to the ruined Mayan city he once protected, but instinct draws him to the reluctant Kit. What power does this young man have over an ...more
Published January 24th 2011 by Liquid Silver Books

To ask other readers questions about Lair of the Jaguar God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lair of the Jaguar God

Shelby
I’m not entirely sure what kept this book from being a 5 star read for me. I enjoyed it whole great big bunches, but somehow it just didn’t push me over the top. Maybe it’s because I adored Jessica Andersen’s Nightkeepers series so much. While it’s m/f not m/m, the Mayan history and adventure in this paranormal series was just brilliant. This book was good, probably even great, but it just didn’t spark that extra little light. It’s a 4.50 almost there, but not quite perfect.

Kit is a 19-year-old
Susan Roebuck
Mar 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Archaeologists, jungle, were-jaguar, cute and young protagonist, hunky and immortal protagonist, despicable antagonists and Mayan treasure. Surely this is a perfect mix for a tantalizing plot?
Correct.
Mixed with angst and mistrust, this is a nail-biting, ever-moving story, full of suspense and intense tenderness and passion. Author Marie Dees has found the exact pacing formula to keep her reader glued to the pages with vivid images of the Mayan jungle. She manages to take her readers to the heigh
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*
I like history and I have a soft spot for ancient Mayan culture, so I was very interested in this story.
Kit is a young (19) undergrad who was orphaned at a young age and has strange dreams..he is on his first dig and being in the jungle has intensified his dreams and his senses.
Tony is an ancient god, a were-jaguar bound to stay and guard the temple and jungle.
The bad guys are clear from the start, but Kit's journey to himself and Tony is nice and it was a bit of a different read than most o
Honey
May 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sexy-shifters
This book was a breath of fresh air. It had an original plot, there was great chemistry between the characters and I liked the author’s style.

Kit is an archaeology undergrad in the Guatemalan jungle. Orphaned when he was young and having grown up with strange dreams, when he’s chosen to accompany Professor Owen on one of his digs, he sets out to prove his worth. However, he gets more than he bargained for when he not only has to come to terms with the fact that he’s gay, but also with the fact
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Mar 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, lgbt
The idea of the were-jaguar intrigued me from page one. I found that I became so absorbed in the story that time stopped as I read. This is such a well-written book. The male/male love scenes are red-hot and sensual without being too much. Watching Kit own his sexuality and fall in love was such a wonderful experience. Ms. Dees has written a delightful story, which I will look forward to reading again and again.

Kimberly
Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance & More

Full Review: http://coffeetimeroma
Rachel Emily
Jan 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting, well-written, fast paced book that I really enjoyed reading! I loved Toby and Kit and their growing relationship, as well as the setting in a Mayan archaeological dig and Mayan culture/mythology that Toby brought to the story. Definitely a recommended read if you like shifters and adventure!
Gwendolyn

Claudia Luis
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Elizabeth Buckner
Jul 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lovely romance and an interesting twist on a shifter story. Recommend reading this one.
Libby Scobee
Velithil Sun
Aug 05, 2011
Lada
Jan 31, 2011
Inspired by a father who built meditation pyramids in the family room and a mother who checked witchcraft books out of the local library, I couldn’t resist weaving characters who follow non-traditional spiritual paths into her books.
Tea and Witchery is the first in my Cassadaga Mysteries series. I’m a Florida native and live in Orlando, where I write, garden, and channel my alternative interests i
More about Marie Dees...