Start by marking “Kill Me Once (Dana Whitestone #1)” as Want to Read:
Kill Me Once (Dana Whitestone #1)

Kill Me Once (Dana Whitestone #1)

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  282 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Nathan Stiedowe is seeking perfection, and he has been learning from the best. Recreating some of the most sickening murders in history, his objective appears chillingly simple, but his true motive remains unclear. On the trail of this sadistic monster is FBI Special Agent Dana Whitestone. Driven by the brutal childhood slaying of her parents, Dana's relentless pursuit of ...more
Published May 1st 2014 by Random House UK (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Kill Me Once, please sign up.

Betsy Hetzel I'm at 50% and I'd say "yes", so far. And, you know what.... you missed a good one with NO MOTIVE for MURDER.

Michael
Mar 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nathan Stiedowe wants to be remembered. Not for a good deed but to go down in history as the most prolific and perfect serial killer of all time. Copying killings from some of the most notorious serial killers in history Nathan wants to celebrate his heroes while not making the mistakes of these evil people. Exstensive planning goes into all the killing that makes the authorities chances of finding him remote. One of the those trying to stop this killer is FBI special agent Dana Whitestone who a ...more
Amber (the smiling cupcake)
Emma
Nov 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So many twists and turns in this book but couldn't put it down....nearly missed my stop on the train a few times as I was that engrossed!
Recommend it to any crime fan!
idkaaw
Jul 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First decided to read the book because Karin Slaughter, another mystery/thriller author, was quoted at the back, praising the book.
Kill Me Once wasn't disappointing, as even though we already know who the killer is, I was still second-guessing the actual identity of the killer. Some of the downside was that the clues of what relationship the killer had with the detective was quickly given out from the beginning of the book, but as you read on, you'd find actual reason for his hatred. To me, it
Adam
Mar 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC!

For three days I could not put it down, reading it at any chance I got! 'Kill Me Once' got you addicted to it from the first page in, constantly finding out new things about the serial killer, the FBI agent (and other insignificants).

The way that several past serial killers were recreated with the errors that got them caught removed was truly masterful, even if it was some what graphic in places.

I did however, find that the ending was somewhat of an anti-climax, co
Rob
Mar 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am the demographic for this book. I love true crime, thrillers, and horror - and this book has all of them, woven together in a unique and original cop vs. killer story. In my opinion, this is better than anything James Patterson has written in the past 5 or 6 years. Looking forward to this authors next effort.
Sue Caldwell
Jul 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good, serial killer who becomes obsessed with maintianig perfection in his life and re creating a number of murders in history. The FBI are finding it difficult to understand what the serial killer true motive is, but it becomes apparent to FBI Special Agent Dana Whitestone that is very personal. The killer is a very clever but also very dangerous. Not for the faint hearted.
Yvi
Nov 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
Wirklich ein guter Thriller. An manchen Stellen was für die 'Blutdürstigen' unter den Thrillerfans, andererseits auch für die, die mehr auf die psychologische Folter Wert legen. ;)
Ales in allem sehr lesenswert und 4 Sterne von mir...
Thomas
Aug 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Der Plot ist zwar ein bisschen konstruiert. Macht aber nichts, hochspannend ist das Buch allemal und sicherlich nichts für zartbesaitete Gemüter.
Patsy
Jan 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
enjpyed this, will definately read more from this author.
Karsyn
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
was looking for something similar to Chris Carter. This wasn't on that par, but was really enjoyable!
Kabardey
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I just loved it! nuff said
David
Aug 09, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite good, a new author to me. I believe this is his first book and a new one is due out now so will try to get that one.
Claire Pettifer
Aug 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
brilliant book, was hooked from start to finish.
Kim
Aug 23, 2012 added it
Just stared loving it
Betsy Hetzel
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
I liked many things about this book:
1. It was well-written and the serial killer killings were well-researched and described in detail. I learned that 86% of the world's serial killers are heterosexual.
2. I liked how the killer was not just a copycat of these original crimes, but he corrected their mistakes that eventually got them caught, and he made NO mistakes.
3. I liked the personal connection between the killer and the FBI Agent Dana Whitestone: his biological mother was Sara Whitestone, wh
Sebastian
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
„Töte mich“ ist das Roman-Debüt des amerikanischen Journalisten Jon Osborne. Meine Aufmerksamkeit erregte das Buch zum einen durch das tolle Cover, vor allem aber durch die Zitate der Thriller-Größen Karin Slaughter und Cody McFadyen, die den Titel in höchsten Tönen loben. Da mir besonders die Smoky Barret-Bücher von McFadyen sehr gut gefallen, musste ich bei „Töte mich“ also nicht lange überlegen. Und so viel kann ich bereits vorwegnehmen: Ich habe den Kauf nicht bereut.

Hauptfigur des Romans is
Elizabeth
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Impossible to put down, compelling from the first page. I stayed up all night reading it! Beautifully written, too. I cried because I really felt for the characters. It's quite brutal in parts, but not gratuitously so. I'm eager to read the follow-up.
Sass Asin
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sehr fesselnder Thriller über einen Serienkiller, mit vielen Wendungen und den Spielorten in den USA. Es wird aus der Sicht von Special Agent Dana Whitestone, als auch Nathan Stiedowe erzählt. Absolut lesenswert!
Katie
Jan 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: crime, mystery, 2012
Jasmin
Dec 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Spannend und interessant, jedoch kein Buch, was einem lange im Gedächtnis bleibt.
Robin
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding

First time I have read anything by this author but it won't be the last. You are sucked in within the first two chapters, then you have to find time to cook meals for your family because you want...need to know what's next. It's a quick read as well, I finished it in less than two days.
adi
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Dana Whitestone, the main character of this book, keeps fainting like it's 1850 again and women cannot master their emotions. She's also a Very Bad CopTM. I gave it two stars because I listened to an audio version of the book and it was sometimes ridiculously funny.
Sharon
Dec 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015-reads
I seem to one of the very few people who didn't like this book. I've reached 156 pages and decided no more.

The storyline could have been interesting but the main character's were pretty run of the mill - female cop with traumatic childhood now a want-to-do-everything-herself type. The male offsider who is attracted to her (and vice-versa) and my main gripe is that the killer has uttered the words "that bitch who stole my life" to himself FIVE times already in only 156 pages!!!! Enough!!!

Taking
Lutine Bonnemaison
Aug 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Un excellent thriller qui m'a tenue en haleine du début à la fin.
Seul bémol, une question laissée sans réponse quant aux premiers meurtres du tueur et leur signification, alors que tous les autres trouvent sens au fil de l'intrigue.
Quoiqu'il en soit, j'ai eu du mal à le lâcher avant de l'avoir terminé.
Matt
Aug 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
This novel was so good I went out and purchased a set of 30 dvds on serial killers. The way Jon writes is to my taste. The pages were turned deep into the night where tiredness seemed to be nowhere in sight. A fantastic novel
Stephanie
Jul 26, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars.
Valentina
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
amazing page turning book that had me surprised at every turn. Very suspenseful and creative
Arlene
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
Mediocre
Stephanie Müller
Aug 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Das Skript
  • American Devil (Tom Harper & Denise Levene #1)
  • Abgeschnitten
  • Der ultimative Ratgeber für alles
  • Something Wicked
  • The Last Taboo
  • Voyeur
  • The Night Stalker (Robert Hunter, #3)
  • The Closer
  • Kill Town, USA
  • Tainted Justice
  • Wax
  • Iron City
  • The Surrogate (Brennan & Esposito, #1)
  • Four D
  • Dangers Untold
  • Schnitt
  • The Devil's Disciple
1977720
Jon Osborne has been a newspaper reporter for a decade, most recently for the Naples Daily News in Florida, where he covered everything from bake sales to triple murders. He is a veteran of the United States Navy. He is the author of KILL ME ONCE (2011) and the forthcoming A GAME OF CHANCE (2012).
More about Jon Osborne...

Dana Whitestone (5 books)
  • A Game of Chance (Dana Whitestone #2)
  • Three Times a Lady (Dana Whitestone Mystery #3)
  • Black and White (Dana Whitestone, #4)
  • Sharp Force Trauma

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Lost and Found (Rock Harbor Search and Rescue #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Light Before Day
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hold Still (Jocelyn Rush, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Still Waters (Sandhamn, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Into the Light (The Light, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Burning Man (Gideon and Sirius, #1)
  • Disturbed
  • Cold Black Earth
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Drowned Girls (Angie Pallorino, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Guardians of the Night (Gideon and Sirius, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Man With the Golden Gun (James Bond, #13)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beyond Belief (Emily Castles Mysteries)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
  • The Memory Child
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Finding Emma (Finding Emma Series Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lion, the Lamb, the Hunted
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lucky Ones
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Gold (Night Soldiers, #5)
  • A Small Indiscretion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Octopussy and the Living Daylights (James Bond, #14)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Bones (Red Princess, #3)
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Flee (Codename: Chandler #1)
  • The Snow Garden
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hallowed Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney #5)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • While the Savage Sleeps
  • The Technologists
  • A Density of Souls
  • Plea of Insanity
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Away from the Dark (The Light, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
“If you wanted to be the best then you had to swallow your pride and become a student of the game first.” 0 likes