Start by marking “Quarantine (Alone, #3)” as Want to Read:
Quarantine (Alone, #3)

Quarantine

(Alone #3)

Jesse has survived the chasers. He's survived the roving bands of humans. And he might even have started to make some new friends. But the quarantine period is up. The army is coming in. And Jesse's about to learn that the real test of survival has only just begun.
Published 2011 by Atom

To ask other readers questions about Quarantine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quarantine

Turtleduck
May 11, 2012 rated it liked it
I was enjoying reading this book until the ending to be honest. I think the book was a natural progression from the others, it moved on well and I liked the way Jesse was determined to get out of the city. I particularly liked the portrayal of the big group of survivors and how the situation those people find themselves in can make certain changes in a person's personality, or even exacerbate those parts of yourself that you dislike. I also enjoyed Jesse's thoughts on what home really means. The ...more
Harrison
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you can imagine yourself in a book then you know its worth reading
Logan Bartel
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alone-series
andrew looker
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Personal Response
I think that this was the best book out of the three book series because it had the best action and very exciting moments. The ending was amazing and I think this is one of my favorite books. It is very fun to read with the perfect amount of action to keep you reading. I liked it because it had just enough cliffhangers to keep you reading and interested. The series overall was very good the author did an amazing job.
Plot
First what happens is Jesse leaves the zoo to go to the Che
Melanie Adkins
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
New York is no longer standing. An explosion took out the city rather easily. Now, Jesse is trying to live life as normally as he can. It's made more difficult by people infected with virus that makes them into killing machines. There are so many obstacles to overcome before any healing can begin. Sixteen year old Jesse is in the middle of it all.

Phenomenal writing and characters you can relate to, make this book one your YA fan needs in their library. Twists and turns keep you guessing what w
Landon Buchholtz
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Personal Response: I thought it was a great book, mainly because it's about zombies. I liked it because it's like a book of "The Walking Dead". I like how the Author made the Main character a 16 year old boy. It reminds me that books can be fun sometimes. It's cool how the Author did what he did, I liked it.

Plot: It's about a post apocalypse in the city of New York. There is this young boy named Jesse. Jesse tries to live a normal life, but the infected are getting in the way of that. He survive
Shannon
Jan 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Finally an end to the series! The first one still remains my favourite for it's rug-out-from-under-your-feet moment. I didn't realise at the time but this didn't actually answer all of the questions that the series raised for example, why were the US military shooting at their own people? We will never know. Despite this I still liked it and would definitely recommend it as a series.
Melissa
Dec 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Great finish to the trilogy. Loved every but of this !!
Ashley
Mar 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Less than one star.
This series really was ridiculous. It was one of the first books I put on the To Read list on this website and I'm glad I didn't read it back then otherwise, I would've never picked up on how problematic it was.
The entire series is supposed to be a sobering take on the classic zombie apocalypse with a main character who 'cares for others, including the zombies' and has a habit of waxing philosophical about what it means to survive/be human. And I mean in theory, I'm all for it
Brody Arndt
Personal Response
I liked this book because it was very action packed. It had a lot of killing and fighting scenes.The characters were always looking to survive and did anything possible to survive.It also was very interesting to see how the characters acted at such a young age.

Plot Summary
In Quarantine there were these kids named David and Sarah. The city blew up and got infected with radium,as a result they were separated from their parents. Later on they were then left to survive from the cha
Jojanneke De vries
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Travis
Aug 03, 2018 rated it liked it
it was ok book. Did go with the others. The ending threw me off and I can’t really figure out what happened. So then I have a bad feeling for The Storie as I don’t know the story.
Jackie
Book Info
Expected publication: September 24th 2013 by Kensington Books (first published October 11th 2011)
ISBN 0758280718 (ISBN13: 9780758280718)
edition language English
series Alone #3
Source:Netgalley EARC

Book Buy Links

AMAZON

B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

In a dangerous, devastated New York, one 16-year-old Australian boy finds himself alone…

It's now or maybe never sixteen year old Jesse has spent eighteen days in post-apocalyse New York, waiting for help that never comes. He
Bree T
It’s been eighteen days since the catastrophe hit New York City. Jesse, a sixteen year old student from Australia was in New York for some kind of leadership camp run by the United Nations and was on the subway when everything changed. He emerged from underground and found a city burning and destroyed, found the remaining surviving citizens changed beyond all recognition.

Jesse has sheltered in 30 Rock and in the Zoo. He’s found other survivors, small pockets of them and when rumours hit of a lar
♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief i'm not actually mad!
Simplistic writting that still manages to create a compelling story. No simplistic isnt the correct term. how can this be taken as simple?

"The silenced submachine guns spat jets of bright flaring flames. I passed back the goggles, rubbing my eyes. At least a dozen long tongues of death as the soldiers did their devil's dance in the street, wiping out the group of chasers. I'd never felt so ashamed."

there's obviously much talent and insight into Jesse and if you look beyond the surface the book h
Kristin (Blood,Sweat and Books)
It's been 18 days since Jesse became stranded in New York. Things were bad before but now it's about to get a whole lot worse. With no way of knowing what lies in store beyond the borders, Jesse and his friends must make plans to leave the sanctuary of the Zoo. However, with time running out and the number of Infected growing by the hour, the trip might not just be dangerous, it might prove to be deadly as well.

Despite taking a long time to pick up and read Quarantine, when I did, it was like I
Julie
Jan 24, 2016 added it
Jesse has survived the chasers. He's survived the roving bands of humans. And he might even have started to make some new friends with the new set of survivors at Chelsea Piers. Here he receives medical attention, food and plenty of interest from the other survivors, particulary Paige who quickly forms a strong attachment to him. Sadly, Paige reminds him too much of Anne who perished in the subway all those days ago. Together they all work out that the safest way to escape New York would be to g ...more
Maximillian Meyerhofer
Personal Response:
I liked this book because of how the author portrayed the characters and what they did. All the characters made good, common-sense decisions. There were no dumb decisions where somebody would have gotten killed or hurt. I also liked how there was a lot of action in the book. One thing I disliked though, was at the end of the book, it did not make it fun because it leaves the reader hanging, on what is happening within the text.

Plot Summary:
At the beginning of the book Jesse, Fe
Maria Miaoulis
Oct 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Summary:
In this final installment of the Alone trilogy, Jesse is desperate to make his way home. However, his best chance of escaping the zombie-infested streets of New York City is to work with a group of survivors that’s been hiding at Chelsea Piers. More and more people arrive there each day, but it will take some convincing to get them to leave the safety of their temporary shelter. An attack on the building by military tanks forces their hand, so they take to the road. But with the undead t
Teri
Aug 06, 2013 rated it liked it
I seem to be on a roll lately for reading books I didn't realize were part of a series. I thought I had the basic gist of the first two books - Jesse was visiting New York from Australia when the virus hit and lost some friends along the way - no problem keeping up with that. As I got into the book, I realized I didn't understand the different degrees of viruses (some Chasers were passive, others more aggressive) or the prior relationship between Jesse and Caleb, things I assume the two other bo ...more
Teri
Aug 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
April
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Quarantine is the final book in the riveting " Alone " trilogy.

Jesse has been living in post-apocalyptic New York, dealing with Chasers and fighting for survival, for over two weeks now. To say he's been through a lot is a major understatement. Now trying to cope with the events at the end of Survivor that left him one friend down and still struggling to survive, he decides that he must leave his shelter behind to find the group of survivors Caleb told him about in book 2.

This series has been
Liz Barnsley
Quarantine is the final book of the “Alone” series and I had been looking forward to this one so thank you kindly for the copy via Netgalley.

I enjoyed this instalment, highly action packed and
Liz Barnsley
Aug 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Quarantine is the final book of the "Alone" series and I had been looking forward to this one so thank you kindly for the copy via Netgalley.

Jesse, still trapped in New York, and hiding out from the Chasers, decides that in order to survive he must leave the temporary shelter and search for other survivors that he believes are out there somewhere. He crosses the city, searching for Caleb who has fallen foul of the virus and for a possible cure...

I enjoyed this instalment, highly action packed an
Ben MacKay
May 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
1. I decided to read this book because I have read all the others and wanted to finally finish the series.
2. I found the description of the survivors base and the many different characters that were situated at the base. I found the character Caleb interesting. He was one of the first of the survivors Jesse found and eventually became a chaser. The way the character acted after he was infected was what I liked the most. He was a hunting chaser and seemed to be at every climax of the book.
3."Stay
Jazmen
Aug 08, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*NetGalley copy*

"Stay and hide. Run and fight. Either way you risk it all."

When I read that line in the synopsis, I was thinking okay I'm in for a real ride but sadly this wasn't much of a ride, it was more like coasting. I expected so much more from this book and I just didn't get it but not for lack of trying on the author's part. It's obvious this author is a great writer with great ideas but this one just didn't do it for me. It just didn't have enough action. Post apocalyptic books are supp
Alyssa
Actually thinking 3&1/2 stars, but on the lower side of the half, hence rounding down.

Surprisingly, I think I liked this one better than the previous ones. It went smoothly from the previous book, and brought quite a number of events. (view spoiler) The epilogue confused me a bit, but overall, it was quite a nice end to the t
Ryan Buckby
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
i have just finished this series and i can say it was a really good way to end the trilogy however the last few pages left me confused.

After coming from not reading books for a couple of weeks, when i came back to this world i knew exactly what had happened in the plot and where i left of and it makes it easier when the last book picks right up from the second book.

i couldn't put this book down i just wanted to know what was going to happen to each character and most importantly what will happ
sh(e)reader
These books are short, and I'll admit to rushing through this one, just to see if questions were answered. And, not really, no. In a little "author interview" at the end of the book, the author said he likes to leave things to the reader.

I didn't really care for this final book ... I wasn't committed to the series, just wanted to finish. Jesse bugged me a little. Here is this 16-year old boy who thinks he is going to walk into a refugee camp and convince everyone to leave with him. He's better
Rjsmommy
Aug 18, 2013 rated it liked it
A Short-Lived Apocalypse…
Sixteen year old Jesse came to New York via Australia to attend a United Nations teen ambassador conference. What he got was a zombie apocalypse. Avoiding “Chasers” and “the Infected”, Jesse must convince a group of fellow survivors to risk everything by leaving their comfortable, fortified shelter to trek into the unknown northern regions towards possible sanctuary. Additionally, he must deal with survivor’s guilt, slightly unwanted attention from beautiful girls, and c

• Dead Earth: The Green Dawn
  • Pig Boy
  • Breaking News: An Autozombiography
  • The Starkin Crown
  • Sudden Independents (Independents #1)
  • The Last Mailman: Neither Rain, Nor Sleet, Nor Zombies
  • Twilight of the Dead
  • Just a Girl
  • Waer
  • Dead Tropics
  • Sadie Walker is Stranded (Zombie, #2)
  • Only Ever Always
  • Triple Ripple: A Fabulous Fairytale
  • Resurrection (Apocalypse Chronicles, #2)
  • Stones Unturned (The Menagerie, #3)
  • Dangerously Placed
  • The Hungry Land (Living with the Dead #3)
  • The Extinction Gambit (The Extraordinaires, #1)
James Phelan is the award-winning author of twenty-four novels and one work of non-fiction. He first studied and worked in architecture before turning to English/Lit, working five years at The Age newspaper, obtaining an MA (Writing) and PhD (Young Adult Literature).

Hachette has published his five geo-political thrillers: FOX HUNT, PATRIOT ACT, BLOOD OIL, LIQUID GOLD and RED ICE.

From 2010-2011, H