Start by marking “Clive Barker's Hellraiser: Collected Best II” as Want to Read:
Clive Barker's Hellraiser: Collected Best II

Clive Barker's Hellraiser: Collected Best II (Clive Barker's Hellraiser: Collected Best #2)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  1,930 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
"The Canons of Pain" - A puzzle box captured during the Crusades becomes the focus of dark rituals. Art by John Bolton. (1989)

"Razing Hell Part 1, Stolen Time"- A famous author finds his way out of hell by solving a puzzle. Art by Mark Pacella. (1994)

"Razing Hell Part 2, No One Ever Dies in Hell" - A trio of demon hunters on a quest the destroy the Leviathan by stealing th
Published July 1st 2003 by Checker Book Publishing Group (first published June 1st 2003)

jo
Feb 15, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
some stories were good, other stories didnt excite me enough to care about what happened.Since it's a collection,all stories are done by different artists (I think) so the artwork is different too which I liked.
Michael
Jan 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
A bit dated, but this is still a satisfying and creepy collection.
Dr. Barrett  Dylan Brown, Phd
Oct 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comix
Fucking creeeeepy, but I guess that's the point. Well-done.
Alina
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
based on sexual desires as it always is with Clive....we have seen the movies and what a novela has become
Michelle
Mar 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-i-read
I usually dont like reading a book series out of order (for fear that I might miss out on valuable character information/ backstory) but I couldnt find the first collection and continued on.

This particular version is broken down into 10 seperate stories:

- Fury
- The Blood Of A Poet
- Sheddim
- Of Love, Cats, And Curiosity

As far as this whole collection is concered it was a hit or mi
Andrew Cliett
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
Clive Barker is one of horror's milestones. He brought us to Hell & back & that's some bad time for the folks "downstairs". This collection is unevenly brought together, but nonetheless as amazingly horrifiying as the first collection. The Cenobites are some of THE creepiest creatures in horror history. The art is disgustingly awesome, showing us all the gruesome tortures of Hell. My favorite element of the Hellraiser series is also probly everyone else's as well...Pinhead, of course!! T ...more
K.H. Vaughan
Nov 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Worthwhile for fans of the series but an uneven collection. The better stories are fairly good and there is some good artwork. The weaker are pretty bad, and the the proportion is such that I almost gave a 2-star rating. It's a tough mythology to write for despite the compelling universe Barker established. If anything, the Cenobites seem much to easily defeated in this collection, and the stories at times too hopeful.
Ken
Nov 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Dimitra
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really haven't "read" this yet, but I flipped throught the pages of it, read some parts and it was really really good!
I am trying to find the first part and I will read both of them after watching the movies too! I can't wait!
Riley
  • Le Chevalier d'Eon 1
  • The Books of Faerie: Auberon's Tale
  • Zombie-Loan, Vol. 5
  • Abortion Arcade

Clive Barker's Hellraiser: Collected Best (3 books)
  • Clive Barker's Hellraiser: Collected Best I