Start by marking “Let Prayer Change Your Life” as Want to Read:
Let Prayer Change Your Life

Let Prayer Change Your Life

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  128 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
It's not that you don't want to go deeper in prayer, you just aren't sure how. Tirabassi first describes how the impossible, the extraordinary and the unbelievable happened when she began to take her prayer life very seriously. Then she explains how you can feel and see God's power working in your own life and for those whom you pray. Her step-by-step approach to having da ...more
Published June 24th 1995 by Thomas Nelson (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Let Prayer Change Your Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let Prayer Change Your Life

Sep 03, 2007 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the first Christian books I read. It really inspired me to pray, about EVERYTHING!
Sydney Drinkwater
It’s probably safe to say that very few books have motivated me to actually (and permanently) alter a big part of my life. Most of the books I tend to read are Christian non-fiction, each in its own way encouraging me or teaching me. And many are probably more eloquently penned than Let Prayer Change Your Life. Most have prettier book covers and quite a few of them are more well-known.

Yet it was this book (and perhaps the weekly discussions with a group) that made such a difference. My prayer li
Nancy Bandusky
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
While I found the book beneficial in getting serious about having prayer time, I found it glossed over the difficulty of hitting the times in one's life when during prayers one doesn't feel connected to God or the discouragement of getting the "wait" answer.

The author was relate-able when discussing the need to make time for praying but since her examples all involved having her prayers answered the way she wanted or better, it lacked encouragement during the "silent" times or the "no" answers.
Apr 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book has me commited to 1 hour journaling prayer and Bible reading 5 days a week. I even felt he need for more. I have already experience answered prayers and strength. I recommend this book to those who can't get over that hump of not finding time to pray. This will help you enjoy praying everyday.
Jan 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
A great guide - and the prayerbook, when I'm disciplined - is an amazing tool. The prayerbook not only helps me focus during my prayer time, but allows me to look back at all the prayers - large and small - that have been answered.
Dec 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
The book title isn't exaggerating! It had a profound impact on my prayer life and the prayer journal that is available through her web site is fabulous. I am on my 3rd one.
Aug 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
Her testimony is really powerful and convicting.
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I did not like this book when I first started to read it. But as I read further, I found her story to be a very powerful personal testimony of the importance and value of daily prolonged prayer. This book shows the difference prayer makes it a disciple's life.
Juanita Deloris
I believe this is a book for anyone that has struggled with developing a consistent, daily time with God. The author inspires by sharing her personal testimonies of struggles, growth, and accomplishments in her own walk with the Lord. It is not a book to rush through. Take your time in reading it, giving yourself time to really grasp and apply the message. The tips, instruction and honest truths she provides should be beneficial to anyone wanted to dive deeper in their walk with the Lord.
Kristen Eaton
Aug 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Becky Tirabassi most definately shares from the heart here and this book will change your prayer life and then the rest of your life if you let it. It changed mine in the 90's! In fact, I could probably use to read it again today!
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: prayer
The author gives an overview of what prayer is and isn't, how to become disciplined to pray, writing out your prayers in the prayer notebook, powerful prayer, miracles, the Word, God's timing, etc.

Good overview. Would be great to do together in a small group home study.
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't a huge fan of this book. I felt that it only told one side of the prayer story (i.e. "It's so easy and great!"), assumed that the author's way is what works for everyone, and occasionally bordered on "prosperity gospel". But it did inspire me to pray a little more boldly for bigger things.
Marianne Pita-Esquer
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So inspiring. I started a prayer journal after reading this book and it has been a tremendous blessing. I am able to keep record of all of my prayers and look back and see the answered prayers over the years. Great faith builder.
Susan Hillard
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book and awesome bible study! I gave this five stars because it did literally CHANGE my life! I now get up every morning and write out my prayers using the P.A.R.T system and I have never felt closer to God or his plans for my life! It's a quick read and I encourage you to do it!
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book caused me to look at prayer differently--in a better, more real and positive way.
Danielle W
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
We, as modern Christians, have absolutely forgotten the power of prayer.
Aug 07, 2017
Dec 24, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Handle with Prayer: Unwrap the Source of God's Strength for Living
  • Heaven: Your Real Home
  • A Place of Quiet Rest: Finding Intimacy With God Through a Daily Devotional Life
  • Prayerwalk: Becoming a Woman of Prayer, Strength, and Discipline
  • Lord, Teach Me to Pray in 28 Days
  • Pathway to Purpose for Women: Connecting Your To-Do List, Your Passions, and God's Purposes for Your Life
  • The Anxious Christian: Can God Use Your Anxiety for Good?
  • My Scripture Journal: Fearing the Lord (My Scripture Journal: Bible Reading Plans)
  • Living Sacrifice: Willing to Be Whittled as an Arrow
  • 100 Ways To Simplify Your Life
  • Be Angry But Don't Blow It: Maintaining Your Passion Without Losing Your Cool
  • No Other Gods - Confronting Our Modern Day Idols | Member Book
  • Let God Change Your Life: How to Know and Follow Jesus
Becky Tirabassi has been sharing her story at conferences, churches, and colleges since 1976. She is the author of Let Prayer Change Your Life, and co-author of Seriously Dating or Engaged PreMarital Workbook, Little Changes Big Results® for Crazy Busy Couples with her husband, Dr. Roger Tirabassi. She has been a guest contributor on CBS's "The Early Show," the host of the "Change Your Life Daily ...more
More about Becky Tirabassi...
“Prayer illuminates the difference between knowing God’s will and guessing at it.” 3 likes
“Time with God was meant to change my life, to bring resolve and results and revival.” 0 likes