Start by marking “Suspicion of Guilt” as Want to Read:
Suspicion of Guilt

Suspicion of Guilt (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #2)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  437 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana make a combustible mix on many levels. Passionately attracted to each other on a personal level, they are equally passionate defenders of their clients even when their interests don’t always work in tandem. Set all this against the sultry background of a Miami that is riddled with crime and corruption, drowning in drugs, illegal immigrants ...more
Published (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Suspicion of Guilt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suspicion of Guilt

Kallia
Sequels are always a hit or a miss. You either manage to recapture the interest that caught the reader with the first one, or you miss the mark completely.

Suspicion of Guilt did a good job of keeping you interested in the characters from the first book. I blew through the first hundred pages in a day. But, where the first one grabbed your interest from the very first page and kept you there, this second book struggled to maintain it's momentum. I found myself not really getting anywhere after th
Jann
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-fiction
Absolutely fantastic! The book caught my interest from the first pages and kept it all through to the end. I never once suspected who was responsible for the murders which kept happening and was stunned when it was revealed. Being set in Miami was another plus for me and though the action took place in areas further away from where I had lived for a year, the street and community names were all familiar to me, which lent some extra flavour. I shall have to look out for some of Barbara Parker's o ...more
Gramy
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second in a series starring Connors, an attorney, still aspiring for placement as a partner after eight years. She was advised the promotion was held back due to her personal problems in the past (her sister's murder and her emotional divorce after 12 years of marriage). In this book she s faced with another brutal murder. It starts out slow. She demonstrates strength and insight developing the characters. When money is involved the greedy family fights over the money left behind. Th ...more
Kat Chan
Apr 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book up until the end when the murderer was revealed. Usually this is the part I enjoy most, but with this book, even though it was a surprise, it left me feeling incredibly dissatisfied. I don't think the character building contributed positively to the final "Aha!"
Linda
Apr 28, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little better than the first book of this series, and I liked the heroine just a little bit more. The author did not write a chapter near the end describing some of the most adventurous time in the book, just talked about it as having already happened. Weird.
Lori
Mar 10, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just an okay book. Moved slow. There was a nice twist.

Plot: A lawyer takes on a case that is not a certain win. She uncovers different evidence that points to different people and in the end you will be surprised who did it.
Jenene
Excellent mystery!
Pat
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Great.
Woman murdered.
Gail, attorney, does some investigation.
Excellent mystery.
Jackie
Sep 10, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

The story moved a bit slow however the twists kept it interesting. It was well written so I'm going to try another of her books (another yard sale fine fiftey cents!
Teri Hand
Oct 11, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very well written. Barbara Parker gives a great insight to her characters and their personal lives, while telling the mystery.
Melissa
I found I really enjoy Barbara Parker and her character Gail Conner.
Stephanie
Dec 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy, enjoyable read with interesting characters and a fast moving plot.
Annelie Rozeboom
Very good read.
Ht
Jan 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: want-to-read
it was an ok book. I will more books by her only if im out of books. got piles and totes full of books, so im off her for a long time.
Pauline Rogers
Anne, Unfinished Woman
Nov 17, 2016
pcb
Feb 21, 2009
  • Show No Fear (Nina Reilly, #12)
  • Bird Brained (Rachel Porter, #3)
  • Everything You Have Is Mine (Lauren Laurano, #1)
  • Sacred Secrets (Jacody Ives Mystery)
  • Loving Time (April Woo, #3)
  • Singing Boy
  • Murder Among Friends (Kate Austen, #2)
  • Damn Straight
  • Alleinstehender Psychopath sucht Gleichgesinnte (Andrew Mayham, #2)
  • Sleeping Bones (Kate Delafield, #7)
  • Death's Autograph (Dido Hoare, #1)
  • Deadly Housewives: Stories
  • The PMS Outlaws (Elizabeth MacPherson, #9)
Barbara Parker (1946 or 1947–2009) was an American mystery writer. She wrote 12 novels, the first of which, Suspicion of Innocence, was a finalist for the Edgar Allan Poe Award for best first mystery novel by an American author. Parker was on the national board of the Mystery Writers of America and was the chair of its membership committee for two years.
More about Barbara Parker...

Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana (8 books)
  • Suspicion of Innocence (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #1)
  • Suspicion of Deceit (Gail Connor/Anthony Quintana, #3)
  • Suspicion of Betrayal (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #4)
  • Suspicion of Malice (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #5)
  • Suspicion of Vengeance (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #6)
  • Suspicion of Madness (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #7)
  • Suspicion of Rage (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #8)