Start by marking “A Log Cabin Christmas Collection” as Want to Read:

A Log Cabin Christmas Collection

(Barbour Christmas Collections)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  802 Ratings  ·  124 Reviews

Published September 1st 2011 by Barbour Books

To ask other readers questions about A Log Cabin Christmas Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Log Cabin Christmas Collection

⚜️Trea
Dec 22, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: challenges-2016
I hadn't heard of most of the authors in this collection, but being a fan of Wanda Brunstetter's work, I was interested in reading this. Unfortunately, I found most of the stories boring, the characterization lackluster at best, the romances usually rushed, and the plots predictable. While each story was short, I felt like I was trudging through them and I really dreaded picking up the book! I wouldn't recommend this book to others or re-read this during the Christmas season.
Joleen
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
9 stories around the time of Christmas, years 1811-1885, all having cabins in them. Some stories were well done, like the ones by Jane Kirkpatrick, Liz Johnson and Liz Tolsma. Others were, um, not so good. So as to not be so negative, I won't elaborate.
Those three in particular make this book worth the read. Very easy reading for an afternoon.
Jesseca Wheaton
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
Ehh, I really didn't like these too mcuh. Though one or two of them were good.
Cheryl Baranski
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Log Cabin Christmas Collection. The Christmas Secret by Wanda E. Brunstetter. This story was an excellent read. A refreshing novella that I thoroughly enjoyed. Travel back in time with and enjoy. 4.5 stars!
Maureen Timerman
Aug 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-read
Overview: Experience Christmas through the eyes of adventuresome settlers who relied on log cabins built from trees on their own land to see them through the cruel forces of winter. Discover how rough-hewed shelters become a home in which faith, hope, and love can flourish. Marvel in the blessings of Christmas celebrations without the trappings of modern commercialism where the true meaning of the day shines through. And treasure this exclusive collection of nine Christmas romances penned by som ...more
Patty Hearts Dave
Dec 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A Log Cabin Christmas is a collection of stories that are about 50 pages long. It is hard to believe that so much could be told with such a short length of story. All of the stories are centered around the 1800s, in a log cabin and Christmastime.

A Log Cabin Christmas includes:

Snow Angel by Margaret Brownley

An unexpected snowstorm traps a new school teacher, the town sheriff and three school children in a make-shift school house. All five people emerge from the storm and the school house changed
Dec 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Title: A LOG CABIN CHRISTMAS COLLECTION
Authors: Various
Publisher: Barbour Books
September 2011
ISBN: 978-1-61626-478-9
Genre: Historical/Christmas/romance

Love is the best Christmas Gift for the American Pioneer. This book is a collection of several stories but I am going to be featuring a few stories on different days this week to give you a taste of the book.

The Dogtrot Christmas by Michelle Ule – Molly Faires’ brother is building a dog trot cabin on land he bought. Luis Vasco de Carvajal has been
Sara
Jan 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I chose this book because I really enjoy the historical fiction genre particularly during the pioneer period. The short stories were nice for light reading but after the first few, I realized that they all followed the same basic plot. It would have been nice to have a little variety and maybe a little more development after the marriage of the main characters. But then I guess that probably would have led to novels rather than a collection of short stories. Good for a quick one time read but it ...more
Jennifer Spiliakos
Dec 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Some of the stories were better than others (the second story in the book read like bad fanfic, though), and my favorite was the first in the book, which made the rest of it a bit of a letdown, but overall it was a fun Christmas thing to read. Definitely has a Christian bend to it, but it's not too in your face or anything, nothing that would turn me off from reading the better stories again.
Amanda
Dec 20, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't read all the stories in this anthology. I was looking for something Christmasy to help me get into the spirit of the season. This book will work for you, if you like your stories sugary sweet. I discovered that I prefer to read a story that is primarily "noir" with a dash of sweetness thrown in at the end.
Christy
Mar 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical, christmas
The romance in this book overshadowed good-story-telling for me; but it did have a positive holiday feel to it. The one I most enjoyed was Jane Kirkpatrick's; there is always something a little different about her writing.
LeeAnn
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
This was a perfect Christmas adventure. Snuggling up and going back in time, this compilation of several stories will engage and thrill you. A bonus is learning more about pioneers, both the struggles and the simplicity of life in the 1800's.
Victoria
Oct 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-ve-read
I only liked about 4 of the stories out of the 9 that were placed in it. They all had a log cabin somehow involved in the story. They were Christian romances. I think I liked the last story the most. It seemed the most realistic to me.
Shelley
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Most of these were charming and lovely fun distractions.
Rachel Brand
GENRE: HISTORICAL ROMANCE
PUBLISHER: BARBOUR PUBLISHING
PUBLICATION DATE: SEPTEMBER 1, 2011
RATING: 4 OUT OF 5 STARS – VERY GOOD

PROS: Introduces readers to established authors and newcomers to the genre; perfect length of stories to read during the busy holiday season

CONS: Not ideal to read one story immediately after the other as the log cabin setting can get a bit repetitive

This endearing collection from Barbour follows on from the success of the previous year’s A Prairie Christmas Collection.
Tina
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
A Log Cabin Christmas Collection: 9 Historical Romances during American Pioneer Christmases (Barbour Christmas Collections)*****
by Wanda E. Brunstetter, Margaret Brownley, Kelly Eileen Hake, Jane Kirkpatrick, Liz Johnson, Liz Tolsma, Michelle Ule, Debra Ullrick and Erica Vetsch

1-Snow Angel by Margaret Brownley
1885, Maverick, Texas....Sheriff Brad Donovan seems to be spending a lot of time hearing complaints regarding the new school teacher, Maddie Parker, the school board hired 2 months earlier
Judy
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Nine different stories and authors make this book well worth reading. They all involve a log cabin, whether it be a honeymoon cabin or a mercantile store built out of logs they all come together for heart warming stories.

©2011 Snow Angel by Margaret Brownley
Maddie Parker is the new schoolteacher in Maverick, Texas. She is complained about daily to Sheriff Donovan. He was against hiring a city born teacher in the first place.
Now the school board was back telling him how she kept the kids after sc
Sandra Stiles
I received a copy to facilitate my review. The opinions expressed here are my own.

This is a collection of nine wonderful short stories by nine wonderful authors. They all take place in log cabins, in different states, in the 1800s. There are several reasons I loved this book. First it deals with log cabins which I think are some of the most romantic buildings ever. The stories all happen in my favorite time period in history. If I could go back in time that would be the time period I would wish
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
I love novella collections, and this one didn’t disappoint!

Each author wrote a lovely quick romance centered on God and His plan. And all around Christmas time. 😉

My favorite story was probably Snow Angel by Margaret Brownley. Though they were all great! ❤

Overall I give this book a 4/5 star, and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys fast paced love stories.
Lorie
A Log Cabin Christmas is a collection of 9 short stories that all have to do with finding love during Christmas time. Each story has a log cabin in it, whether it’s a school, church or home. All of the stories were heartwarming and sweet. Each story can be read in one sitting. I enjoyed all of the stories. but my favorites were, the Christmas Secret and The Courting Quilt. Here is a recap of each story.
The first story was Snow Angels by Margret Brownley set in Texas in 1885. This short story is
Jessica
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I found that most of the stories kept me interested and delighted. I was only familiar with two of the authors works so it was fun to have some new styles to read. Since there were so many stories in this book, I decided to rate them individually as I read. So, Here is the line up.

-Snow Angel by: Margaret Brownley
Rating: five Stars

This story was absolutely excellent!

Maddie Parker was a teacher in a new teaching position who found herself stuck in a soddy with her students duri
Meagan Myhren-bennett
Sep 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Christian Romance Novella fans
Recommended to Meagan by: NetGalley
A LOG CABIN CHRISTMAS COLLECTION

Nine Romances of American Pioneer Christmases
By various authors

A Log Cabin Christmas Collection is a compilation of nine heart-warming Christian romances by favorite authors created for the Christmas season. In this 9-in-1 book you have the following stories:

1) SNOW ANGEL by Margret Brownley set in Texas in 1885. Miss Maddie Parker is the new school teacher straight from Boston. When personalities clash and a snow storm traps the young teacher, three students, and
Kim Justice
Nov 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
My Thoughts on the first story Snow Angel by Margaret Brownley

I loved this collection of stories. Each one of them are amazing by themselves, but by putting them all together in this way kept me reading from one to the next with ease.

So for the first story: Snow Angel by Margaret Brownley

This is an interesting read. Margaret Brownley writes this very serial story set in Maverick, Texas, of a young teacher that comes to teach in a town where there has been tragedy. In some instance's you feel
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

The days of log cabins have passed by the wayside, but this collection of short stories will take you back to the 1800’s, and into tough times, loss and love, and more. Let’s step into the past…

Each of the authors in this anthology is a recognized author who writes Christian themed stories. These stories have biblical references but they don’t overwhelm the story. Each story is set in a different location with each family having their
Kay M
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Snow Angel by Margaret Brownley
This is a good story of love and of healing. Sometimes adding children to the mix can accomplish wonders.

The Christmas Secret by Wanda E. Brunstetter
Keeping a secret is not always in the best interest of everyone concerned. This is heart-wrenching story.

Christmas Traps and Trimmings by Kelly Eileen Hake
Times were so difficult for women, who had little or no rights. Interesting story.

A Star in the Night by Liz Johnson
With the help of Jed, Cora learns to trust in God
Susan Baganz
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Experience Christmas through the eyes of adventuresome settlers who relied on log cabins built from trees on their own land to see them through the cruel forces of winter. Discover how rough-hewed shelters become a home in which faith, hope, and love can flourish. Marvel in the blessings of Christmas celebrations without the trappings of modern commercialism where the true meaning of the day shines through. And treasure this exclusive collection of nine Christmas romances penned by some of Chris ...more
Dewlanna
Hey I just met you
And this is crazy
But here's my number this is Christmas
So call me marry me maybe !

Yes, this is pretty much what happened in pretty much all of the stories : pretty girl meet easy on the eye gent, they both turn out to be single, Christian and very much in need of a wife or husband and in the space of a few weeks (at the longest) end up being (happily) married...

Let me be totally frank with you and tell you I should never have picked that book :
- it's the dreaded romance genre..
Leona
Apr 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a collection of Christmas Christian Romances. The chapters are about 50 pages each and easy to read. Very heart-warming stories. The stories really tell it how it was in the Pioneer Days of the 1880s.
Chaper 1 : "Snow Angel" by Margret Brownley. Maverick, Texas, 1885.
Chapter 2: "The Chistmas Secret" by Wanda E Brunstetter. Allentown, Pennslyvania,1880
Chapter 3: "Christmas Traps and Trimmings" by Kelly Eileen Hake. London, England, October 12, 1811
Chapter 4: "A Star in the Night" by Liz Jo
Brandi (Rambles of a SAHM)
I’m a complete sucker for a Christmas story. I love to curl up with a sweet story that can be read in one sitting. The beauty of this book is that it combines nine novellas in one volume. So for me that equals nine curl up sessions!

Each story contains the common theme of a pioneer Christmas in a log cabin. These cabins are in different locations and take on different forms, but all are set in the 1800s. There were well known authors and some new authors. This was an absolute delight to read. It
Robin
May 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A Log Cabin Christmas

Nine Popular Authors

This is a book about 9 different short stories. The various authors are in their own right published and recognizable names. I enjoyed these stories they were quick reads and fun. I was not disappointed that the story was over other than just as you get to know the characters the story has concluded. But for Christmas stories these were fun and about the holiday season.

I would like to thank Net Galley and Barbour Publishing for allowing me to read and rev
Giveaway for A Log Cabin Christmas and Christmas Belles of Georgia 2 10 Jan 17, 2012 12:08PM
  • A Prairie Christmas Collection
  • A Pioneer Christmas Collection
  • Christmas Mail-Order Brides: Four Mail-Order Brides Travel the Transcontinental Railroad in Search of Love
  • The Prairie Romance Collection: 9 Historical Romances from America's Great Plains
  • The Bartered Bride Collection
  • The Christmas Singing (Apple Ridge #2)
  • The Midwife's Legacy
  • A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)
  • Christmas in Sugarcreek (Seasons of Sugarcreek)
  • Naomi's Gift (Kauffman Amish Bakery -- Christmas Stories #2)
  • Calico Christmas at Dry Creek (Dry Creek Historical, #1)
  • A Texas Brides Collection
  • Strong and Stubborn (Husbands for Hire, #3)
  • The Doctor's Christmas
  • A Bride's Portrait of Dodge City, Kansas
  • Choices of the Heart (The Midwives, #3)
  • The Hand-Me-Down Family
  • The Key on the Quilt (The Quilt Chronicles #1)
New York Times bestselling and award-winning author, Wanda E. Brunstetter is one of the founders of the Amish fiction genre. She has written close to 90 books translated in four languages. With over 10 million copies sold, Wanda's stories consistently earn spots on the nations most prestigious bestseller lists and have received numerous awards.

Wanda’s ancestors were part of the Anabaptist faith, a

Barbour Christmas Collections (7 books)
  • A Prairie Christmas Collection
  • A Patchwork Christmas Collection
  • A Pioneer Christmas Collection
  • An Old-Fashioned Christmas Romance Collection: 9 Stories Celebrate Christmas Traditions and Love from Bygone Years
  • The Westward Christmas Brides Collection: 9 Historical Romances Answer the Call of the American West
  • The Christmas Brides Collection: 9 Historical Romances Promise Love Fulfilled at Christmastime

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99