Start by marking “Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money” as Want to Read:
Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money

Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money

Self-made real estate mogul Dolf de Roos reveals why investing in property isso simple and lucrative as he gives insider secrets for getting ahead in thishigh-profit business.
Published October 1st 2001 by Warner Books (NY) (first published September 30th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Real Estate Riches, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Real Estate Riches

Derek Walker
Sep 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Very comprehensive. Explains many basic, important principles to real estate investing that are applicable to all types of investors getting a start. I highly recommend this to anyone looking into real estate investing at all. Very easy to read and interesting.
Zeke Herron
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
The book was a little repetitive. Dolf de Roos has a writing style that I don't much care for. He uses exclamation points like they are going out of style and he seems pretty egotistical in his writing. This might be a good starter book for those who haven't read much on passive income through real estate, however, I only found 2 or 3 chapter helpful. There are many other Robert Kiyosaki books that do a better and more informative job. I'll probably give 1 more of Dolf De Roos' books a chance to ...more
Craig Kelley
Jul 08, 2009 rated it it was ok
This was good information about 5 years ago. Now in 2009, the economy is a mess and banks are going out of business right and left. It's much, much harder to use these techniques to buy an investment property with 'no money down'. Don't get me wrong, if you are creative enough you can make things happen but you just can't walk into the bank and walk out with a pile of money any longer. Darn, I miss the good ole days.
Meg
I read this book when it was first released, around 15 years ago, and thought it was brilliant. I have read many property books since then but this remains the most helpful. I used the principles to buy a small collection of rental property which hasn't made me rich but has definitely helped my retirement fund. This is the first time I've reread this book and I think it still stands as a great primer for people who are interested in real estate investment. Highly recommended.
Pascal Wagner
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Learned about investing with leverage, how to look for deals and increase the value of your properties. Residential versus Commercial Real Estate. Seriously good book that not only sets you up with basic real estate investing theory but also actions steps and things you should look for.
Jonathan
Oct 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
A great book on basic real estate investing. I used it before buying my second office and it was helpful.
Devin
Jan 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Teresa Caldwell
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
MY BANK WILL NOT GIVE ME A LOAN TO BUY A NEW HOUSE BECAUSE MY OLD ONE BURNT DOWN AFTER I RED A BOOK FROM THIS WEBSITE SO I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE PLEASE HELP ME CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO GET A NEW HOUSE I ONLY HAVE A DOWN PAYMENT OF $$300 BECAUSE MY JOB WILL NOT GIVE ME AN ADVANCED TO PAY FOR ANYTHING I HAVE TO EAT BROCCOOLI THAT I PULLED OUT OF MY NEIRHGBOR'S GARDEN IN ORDER TO SURVIVE AND THAT IS NOT FAIR AND NO ONE WILL LISTEN TO ME WHEN I ASK FOR DONATIONS ...more
Adam Anaan
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
من الكتب المهمة و الرائعة , اعجبني دمج روبرت تي كيوساكي مع المؤلف , و اللذي يعمل كخبير في شراء العقارات
بالفعل كتاب اضاف لي الكثير لكن تطبيقه صعب لأنه يحتاج الى راس مال لشراء العقارات و الإستفادة منها
Oleg Voinov
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Хорошая кника про управление недвижемостью, объясняется как управлять и строить бизнес на недвижимости. Много идей. Короткая, всего 3 часа.
Fortunato Calabro
Oct 07, 2007 rated it really liked it
Dr. DeRoos lays out why he believes real estate to be the best game in town. He gives you a clear sense of the prionciples involved in this game.

While I'm not in love with the fact that this book is an entre into other work by him and services he offers, I can see how he really has no choice if he wants to keep this work to a manageable primer. In that sense, he does succeeed and He does gain one's trust so much so that if you are interested, you could probably do worse than follow up with him.
Douglas
Sep 09, 2006 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Real Estate Investors
Some good things in this book, but I read one of Kiyosaki's other books about real estate investing and much of the important stuff was already mentioned in that other book. This was a repeat. I was stoked about reading it and its a great starter read.
Stuart
Feb 21, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Yet another book cashing in on the real estate bubble. Dolf De Roos is another one of the motley cast of opportunists and scam merchants who jumped on the property speculation bandwagon and helped to fuel the boom of the late 90s and early 2000s.

Nothing to see here. Move along.
Christ Lewis
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book really has practical strategies. I followed every step and I saw great benefits in just a short period. The book is really good for people who have no idea how to make the best out of the money they have and also the people who are interested in real estate!
Gene Mattos
Dec 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Interesting, but not sure if relevant post-2008 and with the new technology. I would love to read an updated version that takes into account the more conservative lending practices and decreased information gap brought on by Zillow, etc.
Brendan
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
Definitely whets the appetite a bit, but definitely not everything I want to know/ what I am looking for. I am glad he gives his direct opinions on particular/specific things instead of trying to give broad tips on real estate investing.
Angela
Oct 11, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Again, I am against using a bank's money to make money unless the investor has an invested interest (i.e. 20% or more cash down).

A lot of positive cash flow situations require an initial investment.

I just wish this book would have emphasized this fact more.
Luke Barber
Aug 22, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Extremely practical, very, very precise advice about the benefits getting into the real estate market, and a chance to learn from the mistakes of others to avoid making your own.

Gwaivu
Jun 24, 2014 marked it as to-read
i wanted to read the book
Chris
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Whilst it may be showing a bit of its age it still has some great points that I hope to make use of in the future.
Rikhiraj
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great ideas for real estate investment.
Zidni Agni
Dec 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice book to learn about property investment
Voracious
May 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Entertaining, enlightening and motivating. But I know not everyone views property investment so positively, so I need to read something from the other point of view.
Brian Hara
Aug 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
I think anything by Robert K. in the Rich Dad, Poor Dad series is garbage. Super vague and fluffy, very little useful information.
Ash Turki
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
in short, this book has changed my prespective about money.
Eric Eckhoff
Oct 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Quick, informative read. My chief concern is the relevancy after the US real estate crash in 2008.
Christopher Greenwood
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OPM.. tricky subject when you know borrowing isn't the best way
CK Ong
Dec 28, 2015
Artur Nejman
Oct 30, 2013
Amber Wang
rated it it was ok
May 23, 2015
Residential Flats in Vaishali 1 1 Apr 10, 2019 01:04AM
Alfa One builders...: Alfa One Builders Corporation: The Top Builder in Kannur 1 1 Jun 14, 2015 06:57PM
5Mistakes To Avoid When Hiring Event Staff 1 2 May 25, 2015 10:33PM
Find The Perfect Condominiums For Rent In Mississauga 1 2 May 18, 2015 02:59AM
  • Real Estate Loopholes: Secrets of Successful Real Estate Investing
  • Rich Dad's Prophecy: Why the Biggest Stock Market Crash in History Is Still Coming...and How You Can Prepare Yourself and Profit from It!
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • Own Your Own Corporation
  • Loopholes of the Rich: How the Rich Legally Make More Money and Pay Less Tax
  • Sales Dogs: You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales
  • Rich Dad's Real Estate Advantages: Tax and Legal Secrets of Successful Real Estate Investors
  • OPM: Other People's Money: How to Attract Other People's Money for Your Investments -- The Ultimate Leverage
  • Rich Dad's Advisors: Guide to Investing In Gold and Silver: Everything You Need to Know to Profit from Precious Metals Now
  • Rich Woman: A Book on Investing for Women, Take Charge Of Your Money, Take Charge Of Your Life
  • Nothing Down for the 2000s: Dynamic New Wealth Strategies in Real Estate
  • Trump: Think Like a Billionaire: Everything You Need to Know About Success, Real Estate, and Life
  • The Automatic Millionaire Homeowner: A Powerful Plan to Finish Rich in Real Estate