Start by marking “A Good Conviction” as Want to Read:
A Good Conviction

A Good Conviction

Imagine yourself if Sing Sing prison, convicted of a murder you did not commit. How do you survive? How do you keep hope alive that your life will ever again be anything but terror and pain? Then it gets worse.you begin to suspect that the Manhattan prosecutor who tried your case knew you were actually innocent.
Published May 10th 2007 by WingSpan Press

To ask other readers questions about A Good Conviction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Good Conviction

Start your review of A Good Conviction
Lewis Weinstein
Apr 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
An article by Angela Davis in the NYT (8/20/12) picks up the theme of my novel. A few excerpts ...

... Prosecutors are the most powerful officials in the criminal justice system. They decide whether criminal charges should be brought and what those charges should be, and they exercise almost boundless discretion in making those crucial decisions.

... Unchecked power in the hands of prosecutors is as much a threat to our democracy as it is with any other government official.

... Equally problematic
Karen
Aug 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Well written book about a young man accused of a murder he did not commmit, and an out of control assistant district attorney determined to find him guilty, even though the evidence points to someone else. The story grabbed me right at the beginning and the tension kept building. Evidence was not turned over to the defense which crippled their case and Josh (the protagonist) was sentenced to 20 to life. Interesting characters, from Josh's attorneys, detectives, friends, and fellow inmates, who a ...more
Ellis Katz
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Poor Josh Blake. He just moved to NYC from Baltimore to begin law school at NYU. Before he has a chance to settle in, he is arrested for the Central Park murder of an elderly woman. He is convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment in Sing Sing. Needless to say, he is completely innocent, but no one seems to care and it looks like he will spend the rest of his life in prison. However, a detective, a reporter, a lawyer and a prostitute take his pleas of innocent seriously and set out to overturn ...more
Lewis Weinstein
Jun 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
A GOOD CONVICTION tells the story of a young man who comes to New York City, expecting to start law school. Instead, he is arrested and convicted of a murder he did not commit by a prosecutor who knew he was innocent. The story opens in SIng Sing prison.

I invite you to read more reviews at ... http://www.amazon.com/Good-Conviction...

A good Conviction is available in paper (at amazon) and on KINDLE/NOOK ($5.99)
Jean
Apr 23, 2016 added it
Shelves: e-book, fiction, legal, mystery
I found myself not wanting to put the book down. The theme of the book feels like it was taken right out of today’s headlines. Joshua Blake has graduated university and will be starting law school in the fall. He has come to Manhattan to work in a law firm for the summer. Suddenly Joshua finds himself arrested, convicted and in Sing Sing all for a crime he did not commit nor was he near the area of the crime. We follow “Team Blake” as they try to prove Joshua innocent.

The book is well written a
Lauren
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Once again Lewis Weinstein does not disappoint. He is one of my favorite authors!
Kasey
Aug 11, 2017
Becky
Dec 10, 2011
Crazyarms777
rated it did not like it
Jan 06, 2018
Feb 13, 2014
Zakaria Abali
Feb 19, 2014
Authors Lounge: real life imitates Lew's book 1 6 May 26, 2012 03:17AM
wrongly convicted man in Texas exonerated after 25 years in prison 1 7 Dec 19, 2011 09:43AM
Reading the reviews of my GR friends, and sometimes adding a comment, is a great way for me to start my day in a literary frame of mind. Then I turn to my own research and writing.