Start by marking “Michael Owen: Off The Record My Autobiography” as Want to Read:
Michael Owen: Off The Record   My Autobiography

Michael Owen: Off The Record My Autobiography

3.21  ·  Rating details ·  91 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Boy wonders come and go, but Michael Owen has made the giant leap from sensational teenage star into one of the most consistent and respected strikers in world football - and he's still only 24 at the time of writing his new autobiography, Off The Record.A child goal-machine in North Wales who went on to acheive at all levels of the game, Owen has seemingly been the star s ...more
Published August 23rd 2004 by Collins Willow

Leo .
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mercurial little goal machine for the reds. Disappointed when he signed for the other reds over in Manchester. Good book though Michael.
Sunny
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sports
i thought this was excellent. i remember Michael breaking into the world cup with that goal against Argentina like it was yesterday. this bio goes off on about his horse racing which wasn't as interesting to me but some of the insights he gives into what made him such an amazing striker are incredible if you have ever played football at a decent standard or if you hope your kids might (latter more my case anyway! :) own was apart from terry venebles the only player to represent England at all ag ...more
Lara
Jan 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Owen has been my idol throughout my childhood until now. I found it really interesting reading into his life, which is often not expressed much in the media.
A tad slow and boring in parts, but overall loved reading about my hero
Rachel
Mar 04, 2008 rated it really liked it
Michael Owen is a very humble, shy amazing soccer player who loves the game and his family more than anything. I really enjoying reading about his life and how he got to where he is today!:)
Limbo
Jul 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"We can look each other in the eye and know we're together for all the right reasons."
I like this person, and the way he expresses himself and his emotion.
Charlie
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
Although Michael Owen was my idol growing up, reading this I found that the writing inspired boredom and an interesting life was just simmered down.
Yasemin
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Well what can I say . In 3 words Boring Book !!!!!! Yawn
Football Writer Chris
Dec 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Hayward helps Owen write in an entertaining way, and sheds a spotlight onto the mind of Owen the striker, whose entire mindset revolves around anticipating mistakes defenders might make.
Sebastián
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
Esperé más. Está bien, creo que más detallado que Pirlo, pero esperé mayor detalle en Real Madrid y no pude conocer los motivos para ir a ManU y Stoke. Interesante perspectiva en algunos pasajes.
Brett
Apr 23, 2012
Robertstevewong
May 03, 2016
Niels
rated it did not like it
Feb 17, 2012
Aug 10, 2009
Neil
Jul 28, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Michael James Owen is a former English footballer who played as a striker for Liverpool, Real Madrid, Newcastle United, Manchester United and Stoke City as well as the England national team.

Librarian note:
There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name
More about Michael Owen...