Start by marking “77 Prague Legends” as Want to Read:
77 Prague Legends

77 Prague Legends

Prague. A city with a thousand years of tradition. A city where you encounter history at every step. The pavement under your feet, the walls of the houses, churches and palaces you pass, the squares and hidden corners, are all imbued with a fascinating past you may often not even begin to suspect. Prague abounds in folk stories and historical legends and myths, some record ...more
Published 2006 by Prah

To ask other readers questions about 77 Prague Legends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 77 Prague Legends

Sezín Koehler
Ghosts, water goblins, mermaids, portals to Hell, and The Devil appearing at will: All kinds of crazy and often-horrifying tales of Prague and its history. I do wish I had been able to read this book before I left Prague, but at the same time I do remember the places they talk about so well that it's not the end of the world. What a weird and crazy place it is. Fun and melancholic getting my virtual feet back on the ground there for my third novel.
Carlos Jaramillo
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Praga de por si es una ciudad magica. este libro es la adicion perfecta a esa magia. 77 leyendas de praga presenta la ciudad con su lado mas misterioso, tenebroso y magico. trayendo leyendas de cientos de años atras. este libro me encanto por que conecta muy bien el pasado y el presente, el libro hace referencias a lugares de la ciudad que todavia pueden ser encontrados , eso le da un valo extra.
Praga siempre estara en mi corazon, y este libro me ha transportado de regreso alla, a esa ciudad ma
Mel
I bought this book the first day we were in Prague and read it that night. It is fantastic. It's beautiful, with lovely paper and illustrations of the neighborhoods of Prague at the bottom of every page. The stories are divided into sections of the city, (and as such reading it gave a great feel for the layout and nature of the different areas of Prague). As such it works not just as a collection of supernatural tales but also as a guidebook. The stories were a lovely collection of spooky tales, ...more
Callum Soukup-Croy
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: czech, classics, history
A pretty fascinating book for anyone who has been to Prague and is familiar with the city or just wants to go and visit. The legends of Prague are a combination of heart-warming, blood-curdling, cheerful and tragic. Whats more, the physical remnants of these legends and the role they played in shaping the history of Prague are dotted throughout the city and if you read this book you might be able to impress your friends, and some locals, with facts you would never find in any normal history book ...more
Winna
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
saw this in a book shop while in Prague and bought it when I got back home. A pretty book: every page is adorned with pictures of praguer buildings and depictions of the characters above every title. Full of love and gold and ghost and ghost and ghost stories..pretty enjoyable and curiosity-invoking, particularly while many of statues or buildings in the stories still exist nowadays. Gonna bring this book with me next time I re-visit Prague.
Cristiana
S-a potrivit foarte bine cu o vizită la Praga, redă bine spiritul gotic al orașului, însă legendele nu m-au dat pe spate. Este un altfel de ghid turistic, care redă mai degrabă atmosfera veche a orașului decât informații pragmatice.
Stan Georgiana
Aug 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Miranda Grey
Čtením jsem strávila 105 nepěkných minut. Bohužel se mi kniha vůbec nelíbila, a to nikoliv kvůli nějakému nedostatku, ale protože mě vůbec nezaujala. Alespoň teď vím určitě, že tento žánr mi nevyhovuje. Je mi líto, že musím dát nízké hodnocení, avšak dělám to kvůli tomu, abych věděla jaký požitek jsem z knihy měla v budoucnu.
Dávám aspoň 2 hvězdy za rozšíření znalostí, oceňuji snahu rozšířit pověsti o Praze (kulturní dědictví). Příběh je vždy 1 – 3 strany, což je vhodná délka převyprávění,
Nadima El-khalafawi
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
I would give this book 2.5 stars. Some of the legends were interesting and/or amusing but I can't say that they grabbed my attention all that much. Maybe the translation was a bit dull? I would recommend buying this book if you are going to do some detailed walking tours of Prague. The buildings would appear even more interesting if you knew some of the legends behind them. I would love to find a book of legends that are really well written though!
Lothrandir
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leídos-2019
Un recorrido por las leyendas de la maravillosa y bella ciudad de Praga, con su dosis de esplendor y decadencia. Es un tratamiento sencillo del folclore, una visión superficial, dirigida a un público infantil o adulto no entendido. Cumple perfectamente el objetivo de ser una lectura amena para disfrutar aún más la visita y dotar de significado a muchos rincones de la ciudad a orillas del Moldava.
Nicole
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I picked this book up while visiting Prague. I wish I would have found it the first day and made time to read it. It would have been really cool to find all the places in the book. If you're traveling to Prague this is worth reading. Great hidden gems to find in the city!
Mónica Arreola
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pretty good! I love folk stories. The edition has a few typos.
Marcello
Per ognuna delle 6 parti di Praga (La città vecchia; La città piccola; Hradčany; Josefov - La città ebraica; La città nuova; Višehrad) il libro riporta leggende relative ai relativi luoghi (ad esempio chiese, piazze, case). Si tratta di storie fantastiche che però aiutano meglio a capire lo spirito e la cultura della città, e possono consentire di apprezzare ancora meglio alcuni suoi posti. Peccato che abbia trovato questo libro il giorno del rientro a casa...
Alexis Drake
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Ho comprato questo libro direttamente a Praga, durante la mia vacanza. Volevo assolutamente saperne di più sulla leggenda del ponte Carlo, e non ricordo dove, ho trovato questo libro in italiano.
E' veramente ben fatto, con ben 77 leggende, da quelle più conosciute, come appunto quella del ponte, ad altre meno conosciute ma molto interessanti. Un ottimo libro per chi è appassionato di leggende, di esoterismo, e un ottimo ricordo di quella città.
Lori
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
A beautiful book - I bought it for "theme reading" during travel to Prague. A nice and fun collection. I wish I would have started it earlier on the trip, as each story also lists a location and the locations are listed on the map in each section. Next time I go back, I may map out a street/walking tour from the book.
Isa RN
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Una forma fantástica de conocer la historia y el folclore de la capital de la República Checa. Recomendada su lectura mientras se pasea por la mágica ciudad que alberga leyendas en cada uno de sus rincones. Gracias a este libro, descubres detalles y curiosidades que pasarían inadvertidos para cualquiera y que procurarán buenos ratos de diversión.
Groan
Apr 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Las historias son interesantes, pero la traducción deja mucho que desear.
Γιώργος Μπελαούρης
a tourist gift that surpassed all my expectations
cudos