Start by marking “Blood Stains (The Searchers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blood Stains (The Searchers, #1)

Blood Stains

(The Searchers #1)

At the reading of her father's will, Maria Slade receives shocking news—as a four-year-old, she'd witnessed her prostitute mother's murder and been taken into hiding by the well-meaning preacher who'd raised her as his own.

Maria remembers none of that. But now she's determined to flush her mother's killer out of hiding and discover the identity of her birth father. She hea
Published February 1st 2011 by MIRA (first published January 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Stains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Stains

Start your review of Blood Stains (The Searchers, #1)
Cheri
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another hit for me from SS. I loved the mystery, action, and H&h. I look forward to the next 3 in this series. ...more
Jane Stewart
Talented author but the plot and characters were ordinary. This was ok but nothing special or different.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
It was too smooth. It felt like the author was churning out another romantic suspense book - like a short order cook. She followed a recipe with good guys doing intelligent good things, and bad guys doing intelligent bad things. But luck is on the good guys’ side, and they survive several events and win in the end. It was too easy. The characters were what you’d expect. They
Jacqueline J
This was a solid story from Sharon Sala. It was easy to read and quite enjoyable. It was not one of her best though. She can write a more edge of your seat, tense, page turning sort of novel. She can also write a story with more intense characterization. Because I expected more from the writing of Ms. Sala, I gave it 3 stars instead of 4. This is apparently going to be another 3 book series where all the stories take place simultaneously. The last such series started off with the weakest story a ...more
Sheri
Jan 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blood Stains (Sharon Sala)
Murder/romance/suspense
Maria Slade finds out a shocking truth at the reading of her fathers will. Her and sisters are not related, this isn't even her father. Maria's mother was a prostitute and at age 4, she witness her death. maria suppressed these memories and is shocked when she hears this. Living on a ranch in Montana, Maria decides to pack her bags and head to Tulsa, Oklahoma to investigate her biological mothers death. Once arriving in Tulsa she meets up with det
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first in a new series by Sharon Sala about 3 sisters who aren't really sisters after all. Maria is the "middle" child who discovers she was a witness to her mother's murder. So naturally she goes to Tulsa to reopen the cold case and get justice for her mother. Bodie is the homicide cop who takes the case. A pleasant, comfortable read. There is no big WOW factor but it holds your attention enough to get through it. And now I have to wait for the other sisters' stories :(
Dawn ♥ romance
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, suspense
I enjoyed this romantic suspense with plenty of action that moved right along. I liked the plot and how the heroine worked with the police instead of going all vigilante although the attraction helped. I also found being in the minds of all the characters interesting once I got used to it. Maria learns her real mother was murdered and when she goes to investigate, detective Brodie takes the cold case.
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Three sisters are in search of their pasts In this trilogy.
Book 1:
The female was scared, worried but not stupid.
The male was strong in the best ways.
The mystery was fine, not great but still entertaining.
The secondary characters were very well written.
Their Romance was tasteful.
This writer is better than brain bleach but don’t dig too hard. Just read and enjoy.
Carrie
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read! I love the fast moving looks very story and the fast pace plot line! Can’t wait to read the next two in the series!
Brandy
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We’ll, this was intense from the very beginning, and keep surprising me. Maria was amazing and just what I would expect from a life long rancher-kick ass, take no prisoner! Brodie was a good cop and I liked how he embraced Maria and didn’t try to coddle her. Loved Sam and Becky too!
Evelyn Bryant
Sharon Sala is generally a good author of her genre. In this one she seemes to have regressed to the '80's in style and formula. The characters are likeable enough,but there just isn't enough sizzle between them. You can tell this is to be just one of a trilogy.
Maria has found out that she is not who she thought she was and goes out to seek her past of which she has no memory. Seems her hooker mother had been murdered and Maria is angry with her for her lifestyle and "deathstyle". Since no one s
Janetlorraine
Mar 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first of what promises to be a trilogy. I suggest going to Amazon or another sight that gives a good synopsis of the plot, as there is much revealed at the very beginning of the first book that sounds like it would have to be spoilers. When I read the cover, I wondered how much more there could be to tell! Then I fell in love with the heroine of this one (I always seem to do this with Sharon Sala's books) and couldn't wait to see how she was going to handle the information the three ...more
Merle
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a premise! Three daughters of a Montana rancher are shocked at the reading of his will. None of them are his blood kin. Each was rescued by the itinerant preacher at a revival. Maria is the middle child and her mother was an "escort" as written in the preacher's journal. She knew she was dying and begged the preacher to take care of her four-year-old daughter.

Thanks to a helpful neighbor, the child was protected until the preacher took her away. Twenty years later, the grown daughter, Maria
Barbararose
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sally Blake was killed in her home by the trick who fathered her daughter

Mary was taken to safety by a preacher who had befriended her mother. 20 years later now called Maria, she had in hand her what she now knew was the journal her adopted father had kept about what he knew of her and her mother.
Going to the police in Tulsa where her life began was her option, hoping to find out if her mother’s killer had ever been charged. Learning the case was still open she plead with the officer for help.
Joan S. Royer
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blood Stains

This book was good; full of action, mystery, romance and pathos. It kept my interest all the way through. I Liked how John 3:16 fit in the story and I look forward to the next book in the series. The only thing I didn't like was how there were no separations of the parts in a chapter. You are reading about the H/n and the next paragraph has the killer making plans as if they were all together. That was a little off-putting.
Darlene Wilson
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At the reading of her father's will, Maria Slade receives shocking news. Her mother was murdered! Now she's determined to find her mother's killer! She meets Detective Bodie Scott.He opens decades old cold case file. Their search leads down dangerous paths - where a murderer has "like mother, like daughter" in mind for Maria.
Gail Johnson
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maria

This story had more twists and turns,and some of the best charters. There was all kinds of interaction between the hero and heroine. I was glued to the book from the beginning. Great story.
Janet Robel
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pulled me in from the beginning when all three women sit down to the reading of their father's will. Even though you pretty much know who the killer is, I still thought it was a gripping read. Looking forward to reading them all.
Kara  Anderson
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a lot slower than many of her other reads, and not much happened. However, it was a great book and start to a trilogy.
Jill
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read this before, but enjoyed reading it just as much a second time. Good characters and a certain amount of suspense, though Sala makes it clear who the villain is pretty quickly.
Sandra
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Standard romantic suspense.
Marie Christensen
Sharon Sala is a fabulous author & nailed this book! I’m going right into reading book 2 & 3 of this series ...more
Helen
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this!! I already have the next 2 in the series & can't wait to read them! ...more
jenjn79
Rating: 3.5 / 5

I generally enjoy Sharon Sala's books. They're easy reads that entertain. I did enjoy this one, but not anywhere near as much as some of her other books.

Series Note:
First book in Sala's new "The Searchers" trilogy.

Summary:
Maria Slade grew up with 2 wonderful sisters and a loving father. So it comes as a shock after father dies and the will is read that she finds out her father was not really her father. He took her in and secreted her away at her mother's request as she lay dying
Nath
Mark
Dec 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After their father’s funeral they buried him near dear Momma’s grave. Maria,Savannah and Holly expected to inherit the ranch in Montana. What they did not expect was the video Andrew Slade
left for the three of them. In it, the trio learned that not only were the parents they had known not their actual parents,but they had never officially been adopted and that they were not sisters
either!
What they just learned was made clearer by the diary their father kept for each of them detailing the reasons
Scooper Speaks
Blood Stains is book one in a trilogy about three sisters investigating their traumatic pasts. In the first book we are introduced to the middle daughter, Maria.

Maria leaves the security of her Montana ranch for answers in the big city of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Once there she contacts homicide detective Brodie Scott about reopening her mother’s cold case.

Blood Stains is a romance story about Brodie and Maria, but I think at times the secondary characters stole the show. They are well rounded and I exp
Nikki Wilde
Well, I think this maybe in the wrong category. I had a very difficult time staying focused on this one. I really wanted to get into it but it just didn't come together for me. The main characters Bodie and Maria didn't seem to have any fire or passion. I could not connect with them at all. There wasn't really enough suspense or romance.

Maria's father just passed and her sisters and her learn that they were not his biological children. That they were all sent to him by their mothers because they
« previous 1 3 next »

• Mimosa Grove
  • The Perfect Lie
  • Touchstone
  • Frost Line
  • No Stone Unturned (Forensic Instincts #8)
  • Envious (Forever Family #1-3)
  • SEAL's Honor (Alaska Force, #1)
  • Low Country Hero (Safe Haven #1)
  • A Forgotten Murder
  • Jackson Rule
  • Summer on Moonlight Bay / Then There Was You
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)

Biography

Sharon Sala is a long-time member of RWA, as well as a member of OKRWA. She has 100 plus books in print, published in five different genres – Romance, Young Adult, Western, Fiction, and Women’s Fiction. First published in 1991, she’s an eight-time RITA finalist, winner of the Janet Dailey Award, five-time Career Achievement winner from RT Magazine, five time winner of the National Reader

The Searchers (3 books)
  • Blood Ties (The Searchers, #2)
  • Blood Trails (The Searchers, #3)