Start by marking “Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 16 (Ouran High School Host Club, #16)” as Want to Read:
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 16 (Ouran High School Host Club, #16)

Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 16

(Ouran High School Host Club #16)

The two senior members of the Host Club are graduating and will lead separate lives at university. Everyone is mourning the loss of the Hunny-Mori Combo, but the longtime duo already seems to have ended their close friendship. Now Mori has challenged Hunny to a duel--but why?
Published December 7th 2010 by VIZ Media (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 16, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 16

Michelle. D.
Mar 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Flor
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I can’t believe Mori and Hunny are graduates, the end is coming and I’m not ready
Aleixie
Dec 25, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga

I am not going to spend a long time on this. Like most manga series, I have been disappointed toward the end. Although the characters were great (well, most anyway. The main character wasn't a very bright one), especially the twins, I had trouble staying awake (and not because I was deadly tired from all the Christmas decorating!!) The first book wasn't very bright either, where the characters came across as very shallow. Then, the following eight were good but the rest was the same thing over a
Nidhi Bhatt
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
S. Jess
Possibly some of the saddest chapters in the entire manga.

Everything is cancelled until I have Vol. 17. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Maud
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sequel
For two seconds I thought we would have another light and fun Ouran manga and then even more drama started to happen and it hurt! I really hope this gets solved soon! I do enjoy this series still but I really prefer the light and funny volumes from the beginning!
Daphne
Re-read: August 2018
I love this series so much. Just thinking about it makes me happy :)

I can never review these books properly, but I'll make a list of all the things I loved about this volume (since I didn't dislike a single thing).

- I love Kyoya. That's no secret, as I mention it in practically every Ouran review, but it's true. I found it so funny when he was taking bets on Hunny and Mori's fight. I think he really does love his friends and doesn't want them to fight, but he's also pragmatic
Miss Ryoko
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-book, manga
I really, really liked this volume a whole bunch! It was serious and silly, and a wee bit intense! I mean, I can make a huge guess as to how it'll all work out, but I really was digging Tamaki's "plot twist"

Two more volumes to go!! I can't wait to see how this series ends!
Katie
Mar 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: completed, manga
see full review @ Katie's Corner
Carina
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gah! These two volumes made me cry so much. Honestly, no real reason for it just seeing people realise they are meant to be together!

So, this volume - we begin by meeting Mori and Hunny's fathers who discuss their upcoming battle.I will admit that these two fighting did seem out of character so when you see the reasons (that Mori wants Hunny to look after himself when they are apart, and that they wanted to do something fun for everyone else) was really sweet - as was the way Mori wins the fight
Kelsey Hanson
I'll just be curled up in a ball whimpering if anybody needs me...

Once again, lots of new developments in this volume. The Mori/Honey duel was a bit of a tease, but honestly I kind of expected that. With only a few books left in the series, I don't think they would have time to start a major character arc.

I'm surprised at the emotional reaction the latest volume brought out in me. I usually don't get invested in romantic relationships in books (I was initially here for the screwball comedy), but
Maeve
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Isabella
Ah, drama... we're back to this genre. Comedy is taking a backseat for a while because Tamaki's grandmother is being a biiiiiiitttttccccchhhhhh.

(view spoiler)

Everyone's tense. The only cut
Denise
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gnmc2018
The graduation actually happens. Things change! But everyone is okay. The changes that Tamaki started in motion when he came to Ouran High School were helped the ones caused by Haruhi and--get this--the way (almost) everyone talked about their feelings. Relationships were strengthened and gained dimensions. So weird! So fulfilling!

Other stuff happened and it was also great and I'm going to miss this series so much when I'm finished.
Gemma
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I’m not going to lie - I shed more than one tear in this volume. My heart was so full of joy and laughter from the last volume that I really was not expecting such a sudden downturn.

I guess I’ll just have to keep reading until the story gets the happy ending I hope it does. ;)

Happy reading,

~ Gem
Evelyn
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mori has challenged Hunny to a duel and the stakes are high.

Meanwhile, trouble is brewing on the horizon for Tamaki, Haruhi, and the Host Club. We begin the final story arc of the Ouran High School Host Club.

This book also contains two extra chapters. One about Haruhi’s parents and one about Hikaru and Kaoru’s grandma. Let’s just say that blood runs thick.

This series has 18 volumes.
Danii Allen
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq
Mori and Piyo were back! After that bonus story about Mori and his pets, I was sure we'd never see them again; I'm so happy.

Also the bonus story in this volume about Ryoji and Kotoko was absolutely wonderful. I love that we get to learn more about them.
Zian B.
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So much drama in this volume and I really dislike Tamamki’s grandmother!
Vivean
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I never thought I’d get to see more of Honey-senpai and Mori-senpai scenes; THIS IS PROBABLY THE BEST VOLUME
Maud
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Why does Hatori Bisco sensei keep insisting I turn into a blubbering mess while reading her beautiful manga chapters? :')
Erica
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Its really interesting to see how the manga pans out beyond the anime. I am not loving what is going on with Tamaki, but know...or hope things will improve by the end of the story.
Paolina
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
DRAMA DRAMA
Hannah (Sakurahan or ForeverBooks18)
Another great volume! 4.75 stars!
Joti
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Olivia
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Tamaki is breaking my heart. Oooooh how I hate his grandmother! Although I think the duel was ridiculous...I loved every second of it. And the extra story about Haruhi's parents! It was so cute!
Cornerofmadness
Oct 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Rach
Dec 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
The build-up between Hunny and Mori and their graduation in the first part of this volume seems a little excessive and irrelevant, given how it is resolved. Mori beats Hunny on a technicality, and his only requests are that once he starts at the university, he brush his teeth daily, eat less cake, and bring his bunny to school less. There is no real drama, because despite the fact that Hunny and Mori will not be at Ouran every day, they're still part of the group, and will be around.

The real dra
Julie Hayes
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The time is rapidly approaching for Hunny and Mori’s graduation, hard as that is to believe. Even more unbelievable is that Mori has challenged Hunny to a duel! What’s up with that?

Ouran High School is abuzz with the news of the impending duel, and bets have even been placed. But no one can predict how the duel indeed ends.

April arrives, and time for the new school year, but the door to Music Room 3 remains locked…

So much is changing, more than friends graduating and moving on. Tamaki has been a
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Arrrggg!! This volume was so good! My chest was literally tight with emotion, my heart racing.
The first episode has Hunny and Mori’s fight, which Mori wins, allowing him to tell Hunny to remember to brush his teeth, cut his cake intake by 90% and to not take Bun-bun to uni. It also has Haruhi and Tamaki accidently nearly kiss when they pick Haruhi’s cookies off the floor.
In the second episode Tamaki is finally allowed to move into the main Suoh mansion. I was suspicious about this from the momen
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Fruits Basket, Vol. 23
  • Hana-Kimi: For You in Full Blossom, Vol. 9 (Hana-Kimi: For You in Full Blossom, #9)
  • Love★Com, Vol. 8
  • 電撃デイジー 6 (Dengeki Daisy, #6)
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 25
  • La Corda d'Oro, Volume 4
Japanese: 葉鳥ビスコ

Bisco Hatori born August 30 is a Japanese manga artist. Bisco Hatori is a pseudonym; she states that the name has special meaning to her. She has worked for such magazines as LaLa. Her manga debut was A Moment of Romance in LaLa DX. Her first series was Millennium Snow. However, the comedy Ouran High School Host Club is her breakout hit.

Ouran High School Host Club (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 2 (Ouran High School Host Club, #2)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 3 (Ouran High School Host Club, #3)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 4 (Ouran High School Host Club, #4)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 5 (Ouran High School Host Club, #5)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 6 (Ouran High School Host Club, #6)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 7 (Ouran High School Host Club, #7)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 8 (Ouran High School Host Club, #8)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 9 (Ouran High School Host Club, #9)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 10 (Ouran High School Host Club, #10)
“You, your grandmother, the chairman----YOU'RE ALL ABUNCH OF FRIGGIN' IDIOTS!!!"

~Haruhi”