Start by marking “Lockruf der Toten (Women of the Otherworld, #7)” as Want to Read:
Lockruf der Toten (Women of the Otherworld, #7)

Lockruf der Toten (Otherworld #7)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  25,516 Ratings  ·  714 Reviews
Jaime Vegas, die berühmte Nekromantin, soll fürs Fernsehen den Geist Marilyn Monroes beschwören. Doch am entscheidenden Tag ist es nicht die Filmdiva, die Jaimes Ruf folgt. Im Garten des Hauses, wo die Dreharbeiten stattfinden, trifft sie zu ihrem Entsetzen auf Geister von Kindern, die in einer Zwischenwelt gefangen sind und um Erlösung flehen ...
Published 2011 by Knaur (first published May 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Lockruf der Toten, please sign up.

Sam I really loved it. It was an entertaining supernatural story that was just fun to explore. Diving into Jaime's life was super interesting and I was so…moreI really loved it. It was an entertaining supernatural story that was just fun to explore. Diving into Jaime's life was super interesting and I was so excited to finally get to read about Jeremy. I honestly wish they had more books about the two of them like Elena and Clay. (less)

valee
Sep 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I'm so obsessed with this series right now. I can't put it down, not even for just one second. I have tons of things to do and I just keep postponing them so I can keep reading it.

In this installment we get to (FINALLY) read about Jaime and Jeremy. I had been dying to read this book as everybody kept telling me it was the best in the series so far and I just needed to get to it fast. Now I only can say that I am devastated I gt through it so fat, but it was so good that I just could not control
Mel
Jul 27, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the seventh in Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series, and this time we get to experience the action through Jamie Vegas' eyes.
While filming for a tv show, Jamie finds out that the garden of the house were the filming takes place seems to be inhabitated by child ghosts. As the theory of human sacrifice for magical power gets further unraveled, Jamie needs all the help she can get.

This book can be read as a stand alone but readers might be confused by all the names brought up, because
Wren ϟ WrensReads
WrensReads Review:

For some reason I feel like I would love being able to talk to ghost. I know "well if you actually had that power you'd hate it" or "well ghost don't exist" blah blah blah.

I'm talking about a theoretical thing here.

Just being able to speak to someone from a different time period would be so enlightening. But then you have the "never ever being alone" and probably perves watching you change... Ugh never mind.

Jaime makes it look livable and cool but also you can see the damage
Lauren
No Humans Involved
3.5 Stars

Jamie Vegas, renowned professional medium and secret necromancer, agrees to participate in a new reality show aimed at invoking the spirit of Marilyn Monroe. The situation, however, gets out of hand when she is beset by several unruly ghosts desperate to communicate, but oddly unable to do so. In order to help them, Jamie will have to marshal all of her resources, especially that of the alpha-werewolf, Jeremy Danvers, and come to terms with the true nature of her power
Gina
I can talk to dead people.

Jaime Vegas is a true necromancer. She can raise the dead if she has to. She can see and talk to ghosts. Only problem is, she can’t control seeing them. Constantly, everywhere, they see her, she pretends not to see them. Sure, she can deliver a message for them, but she can’t figure out why they’re dead, who killed them, what killed them, and would prefer not to even try. Now part of the interracial council, Jaime gives her feedback when it’s needed and wanted. However,
❄️✨ Kat ✨❄️
The seventh installment of the Women of the Otherworld series follows Jaime as she uncovers mysterious spirits on the set of a show she is filming. The spirits were sacrificed by humans so they could use the ashes for magic purposes, and Jaime must find out who is conducting these rituals so they can be stopped. We have visits from Eve, Jeremy, and Karl in this book, and (view spoiler)
I honestly wasn't expecting to like a bo
Julija
I plunged into this book with ridiculously high expectations and, for once, they all were met, leaving me utterly satisfied, staring at the last sentence with a huge grin on my face. No Humans Involved is a fantastic read with engaging plot, cruel villain, fast pace, butt-kicking action, hilarious dialogue, amazing romance and lovable characters.

First of all, there's Jaime and Jeremy. Really, do I even need to say more? They've had my heart since that balcony scene in Paige's book and I've someh
Katie Michaels
I've been waiting for Jamie's story ever since Industrial Magic. It's hard for me to say why exactly, but I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with the embarrassing crush she has on werewolf alpha, Jeremy. I mean, you expect crushes from young, inexperienced heroines, but Jamie is 44 years-old. She is sexy and she is secure in her own skin... except when it comes to Jeremy. In his presence, she turns into an adorable fool, and it is completely impossible for me not to root for her.

So fina
Carolyn F.
Audiobook

I started this series and loved it but started skipping around not reading the secondary characters' stories. So although I have the book, I listened to the library's audiobook instead. I really enjoyed it. I loved seeing how Jaime Vegas (stupid name by the way) and Jeremy took their relationship to the next level while trying to solve a mystery. Good book. I'm planning on reading listening to the rest of the series.
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

At last! I feel like I have been waiting for a book for Jeremy and Jaime for ages! It makes me glad that I am reading this series well after they have all been published, waiting a year between installments would be torture. The last thing Jaime expected when she started doing a TV shoot in Los Angeles was to be haunted. Being a necromancer making a living as being a celebrity psychic she knows a thing or two about ghosts; however, these ghosts aren't acting as they should. Determined to get to
Vampires, Weres a...: This topic has been closed to new comments. No Humans Involved (WOTO#7) 3 15 Oct 20, 2016 09:37AM
book cover 9 66 Aug 11, 2012 07:08AM
  • Kitty Goes to Washington (Kitty Norville, #2)
  • The Outlaw Demon Wails (The Hollows, #6)
  • Windfall (Weather Warden, #4)
  • My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon
  • Pure Blood (Nocturne City, #2)
  • A Fantasy Medley (Otherworld Stories, #9.2; Crown of Stars, #7.5; Realms of the Elderlings)
  • Prey (Shifters, #4)
  • Thunderbird Falls  (Walker Papers, #2)
  • Deadly Desire (Riley Jenson Guardian #7)
  • Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4)
  • The Devil You Know (Morgan Kingsley, #2)
  • Night Season (World of the Lupi, #4)

More about Kelley Armstrong...

Otherworld (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1)
  • Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2)
  • Dime Store Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #3)
  • Industrial Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #4)
  • Haunted (Women of the Otherworld, #5)
  • Broken (Women of the Otherworld, #6)
  • Personal Demon (Women of the Otherworld, #8)
  • Living with the Dead (Women of the Otherworld, #9)
  • Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, #10)
  • Waking the Witch (Women of the Otherworld, #11)
“I didn't need to be rescued."
"Sorry, but my sword outranks your…" she glanced at my hand, "sock puppet.”
39 likes
“This is the first adventure I’ve survived without being kidnapped, attacked, knocked unconscious or possessed by evil spirits. A ripped blouse? Ruined skirt? Bad hair? I’d call this progress. ~Jaime Vegas” 34 likes