Start by marking “Angus, Thongs And Full Frontal Snogging (Cover To Cover)” as Want to Read:
Angus, Thongs And Full Frontal Snogging (Cover To Cover)

Angus, Thongs And Full Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #1)

3.74  ·  Rating Details ·  118,512 Ratings  ·  3,823 Reviews
Angus: My mixed-breed cat, half domestic tabby, half Scottish wildcat. The size of a small Labrador, only mad. Likes to stalk Mr. and Mrs. Next Door's poodle. I used to drag him around on a lead, but, as I explained to Mrs. Next Door, he ate it.

Thongs: Stupid underwear worn by old Swotty Knickers, Lindsay. What's the point of them, anyway? They just go up your bum, as far
Audiobook
Published (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Angus, Thongs And Full Frontal Snogging, please sign up.

Ashleigh Uhm, kind of. I read the books first and watched the movie when it came out and I loved both!

The movie kind of only focuses on the first book (with…more

The movie kind of only focuses on the first book (with bits frankensteined in from other books) so it doesn't highlight the greatness of some of the characters (e.g. Dave the Laugh who is one of my favourites is kind of a blasé character).

BUT, again, I love the book and the movies.(less)

Tatiana
May 01, 2009 Tatiana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those in need of a good laugh
Update 1/2/2017 Accidentally read it yet again. Not a bad beginning-of-the-year pick-me-up.

There are times when I just HAVE to read something to perk me up, something light and silly and mindless. Louise Rennison's books always do the trick. It doesn't hurt either that this first book in Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series is a winner of Printz Honor, proving that even the silliest story about make-up, boys, and snogging can be written brilliantly. Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging neve
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Meet Georgia. She’s basically a 14-year old version of this . . . .

I’m sure plenty of other reviews have and will point out that . . . .

But you know what? I still am was an asshole much like Georgia back in the day.

Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging is a year in the life of Georgia courtesy of her journal and was most definitely just what the doctor ordered for me to read on Presidential Debate Day. I never expected to laugh
maybelline ⚓
Dec 03, 2016 maybelline ⚓ rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to maybelline ⚓ by: prag ⚓

So most girls, I assume, would have read this back in middle school, but *dramatically flips hair* I’m not like most girls.

^That was lame, I apologize.

Basically, the only reason I read this book is because my lovely coffee-soddened friend, Pragya, who is probably trying to get back at me for some horrible thing I did but am unaware of, convinced me to. :) :)

This book is so terrible and I feel like I probably shouldn’t be rating it, since it’s not targeted towards me, but, it’s just so bad.

T
Megan
Jun 24, 2007 Megan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: youngadultnovels
Hillariosity! This is another book, from the brits, that people either love or hate. I happen to love this series, and laughed so hard I actually cried. I think people who hate this book are turned off by the main character Georgia. She is vain, self centered, hormonal, ridiculous and, I think, absolutely fabulous. This is the first of a series and we are introduced to her mad little sister libby, her feral cat Angus, her Mum and Dad, and group of silly girlfriends. It's written as a diary and a ...more
Giselle (Book Nerd Canada)
I was so sad to hear the passing of Louise.. I read this when I was a teenager and I can never forget how funny it was.. You will be missed Mrs. Rennison RIP..
Navessa
Mar 27, 2013 Navessa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cute-ya
I recommend not reading this book in public. Or when you're on your lunch break and still in your office, or in my case cubicle. Early on there's a list in the book and in said list is the main characters' concern that her three year old sister might have peed somewhere in her room. It caught me completely off guard and while trying to block my laughter I ended up snorting so loud that the person on the other side of my cubicle wall came over to see if I needed the Heimlich maneuver.

Kat Kennedy
Jun 03, 2010 Kat Kennedy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any female who has gone through an awkward puberty
Recommended to Kat Kennedy by: Tatiana
I don't have much to say about this book other than at many points this book was more than hilarious! It was hysterical!

The writing was quite good and the protagonist was interesting. She was the typical epitome of most teenage girls on the cusp between childhood and adulthood.

I felt it dragged on a bit toward the end. Over all though, it was funny, interesting and most of all, enjoyable.

Big thanks to Tatiana for recommending it to me!
Becky
*Sigh* I wanted fluff, not brain-damage. Based on the recommendation from several friends who loved this, I picked this up when I saw it at a library sale, and I figured that now was a good time to read it since I'd just read a duo of emotionally traumatizing books and needed something light and fun after that.

But this, aside from having a few funny moments, was mostly a 14 year old selfish angst-fest. If I was that annoying as a 14 year old, I think I may have to nominate my parents for sainth
Sara
Aug 15, 2008 Sara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got to the point where I couldn't read this book during silent reading time in my class, it made me laugh so hard. I'm not an easy touch for this type of humor - slapstick and outrageous. ATFFS, however, made me laugh so hard, I snorted. The epistolary nature of the narrative adds so much to the plot. A snippet about a girl who accidentally-on-purpose shaves off her eyebrows is cringingly amusing, but when it's told in five or six installments, each a few minutes apart, and that snippet weaves ...more
Ellis
10:34 am

I feel like yelling at him. "I am fourteen years old, Uncle Eddie! I am bursting with womanhood, I wear a bra! It's a bit on the loose side and does ride up round my neck if I run for the bus ... but the womanly potential is here, you bald coot."
Good stuff. Huh, I don't think I've ever worn a training bra. I must be an embarrassment to the sort.

10:36 am

3. I have a three-year-old sister who may have peed somewhere in my room. I miss my sister. She was supposed to come home today but appar
Aly's Bookish Wonderland

This book was my bible back in '08.

Seriously. My friends and I would refer to this book whenever we had something that could be considered as "boy problems". In '08, I was 13/14, and I'd fallen in love with Aaron Johnson after watching the film so, of course, I had to read the book. It was funny and we could easily relate to it at the time, who am I kidding, I still like to consult Georgia Nicholson in the midst of a crisis.

Also Aaron Johnson

He was practically my first celebrity/fictional/preten
Bonnie
Never would I have thought I'd enjoy reading about the drama of a 14 year old girl. Georgia is hilarious and reminded me of a younger, British version of Daria. Between Georgia dressing up as an olive, shaving off her eyebrows, her Scottish wild-cat Angus and her crazy baby sister who calls everyone a tosser... well Georgia is a new favorite.
Lydia
Feb 01, 2012 Lydia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tween-reads
Think Diary of a Wimpy Kid for tweens, without the illustrations, and one can pretty much have an accurate idea of what this book is about. Although critically acclaimed and with awards to its name (http://www.harpercollins.com/books/An...) I would personally re-title this book "Diary of a Petty, Shallow Tween."

Now, don't misunderstand me. I laughed out loud at portions of the story, and most definitely felt as if I was reading the actual diary of quite a few of the tweens and young teens I work
sweet jane
Ένα από τα αγαπημένα βιβλία της προεφηβικής μου ηλικίας. Το διάβασα μέσα σε μόλις μια μέρα και μετά έτρεξα να αγοράσω και την ταινία!
Γέλασα, στενοχωρήθηκα και χάρηκα μαζί με την γλυκύτατη Τζόρτζια και τις περιπέτειες της. Δυστυχώς τότε, πίσω στο μακρινό 2007, δεν είχαν μεταφραστεί τα υπόλοιπα της σειράς (αμφιβάλλω αν έχουν και τώρα) και ποτέ δεν διάβασα τα άλλα βιβλία. Ποτέ δεν είναι αργά όμως!
Penny
Let me just start this review by saying I love this book. LOVE IT! This is one of the few books that I've really, truly laughed out loud while reading - there were times I was seriously doubled over. It is hilarious. I'm going to start recommending this book to everyone I know.

But, just so you know, this book is strictly a fun read, nothing more (still well worth reading, believe me).

Georgia Nicolson is a self-centered fourteen-year-old girl growing up in England. Her story is told through her
Nariman
Nov 02, 2015 Nariman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Oh My God!!!
This was super funny !!!
I laughed....
and laughed....
and laughed much more , I laughed with tears streaming on my face all the time through this book , and I made the mistake of reading some of this in a waiting room in a hospital, I tried very very hard to not laugh out loud , but I couldn't stop shaking, I received some serious puzzled looks and raised eyebrows for that.
Georgia is a very hilarious 14 year old girl , who takes us with her in a very funny journey through diary inputs
Madeline
Terrific light reading. The whole series is currently at six books and there will probably be several more. The books are written in diary format, and they happen to be the diaries of the craziest British girl who ever walked this earth, plus she comes equipped with equally crazy friends and a marvelously dysfunctional family.
An example of one of Georgia's entries:
"Jas phoned and wanted to go shopping - there's some new makeup that looks so natural you can't tell you have got any on.
I said, 'Do
Beth
I'm not rating/reviewing anything from this series it was my favourite series when I was younger, I'm just reading them to get out of my slump...

Literally haven't read this series sine I was a teenager. Needed something light hearted, quick and easy. This was the choice and I'm so happy I did :)
Liz* Fashionably Late
May 11, 2013 Liz* Fashionably Late rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who won't mind coffee spill
Georgia is hilarious, it's been a while since a book had me cracking up out loud like this one.

I don't get teenage girls because I never got to be one in the full sense of the word. My idea of a weekend was playing football (okay, soccer) with my brothers and punching each other till one of us started crying. So I don't know if the sleepovers and all this obsession with their looks and plotting to get a boy was really normal or what. Georgia took really bad decisions half of the time and was inc
Julie
Oct 21, 2008 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to re-read this book every once in a while due to sheer hilarity. I am not allowed beverages while reading this book.
Heather
Sep 28, 2009 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Heather by: T
Shelves: 2009
This book is laugh out loud funny! The proper English slang took some getting used to, but luckily the author has included a glossary in the back.

Georgia is full of hilariosity and she along with her Ace Gang, mad sister, and fat vati will have you laughing like a loon on loon tablets. Gee is neither kind nor cruel, smart nor intelligent, but witty she is and she is forever getting herself into a jam due to her neurotic nature and obsession with boys, make up and hair.

Angus, Thongs, and Full Fro
Elle

Bahahahahahahahahaha!

Who HASN'T stolen dad's razor to experiment with one's eyebrow hair?

I was feeling a little down in a post Silly Seasons sort of way, and a friend suggested I get involved with the wonderful world of Georgia Nicolson. And I was delighted.

Don't expect to learn anything of any significance from these books.
In fact, they're likely to leave you slightly stupider, if anything.
But if ever you're at a point in your reading career in which you think to yourself, 'Goddamn. I just wan
Kristina Horner
I always appreciate a good reread of this hilarious, charming book. Even the immature elements of this book are forgivable because it so perfectly and wholly captures the young teenage psyche. Silly, but so funny.
Hannah
Oct 22, 2009 Hannah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who don't mind snorting
Recommended to Hannah by: 'Lil sis and Miss T!!
Shelves: ya, humor, 2010-reads
WHAT
A
HOOT...

This was probably the best use of 2.5 hours that I've spent since reading Bill Bryson's, "A Walk in the Woods".

Brit comedian/author Louise Rennison takes on the teen female mindset with hilariosity and realism. Rennison's nailed the feelings, the drama-queen world-view and the all-or-nothing attitude down pat. Our heroine, Georgia Nicolson, may be British, and a good 32 years my junior, but I too was Georgia...once upon a time.

I laughed out loud, I snorted, I chuckled and I generally
Lena
Jun 22, 2011 Lena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes to laugh
This is the funniest book I've ever read. It's the journal of Georgia Nicholson, who is often on the rack of lurve. The book is British, and has lots of odd British humor, but plenty of humor that will make even the most curmudgeonly person laugh their butt off. I can't think of a single person who would not find at least part of this book hilarious. I've never laughed so hard at a book in my life. At one point I laughed so hard someone asked me why I was crying. I'm pretty sure I actually rolle ...more
Roshani Chokshi
Mar 06, 2016 Roshani Chokshi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite series! In middle school, I had to take a Sharpie to my copy of ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, I'M NOW THE GIRLFRIEND OF A SEX GOD and mark out "SEX" so I wouldn't be mortified reading at the dinner table. However, Rennison is so funny that I snorted my food and mortification was inevitable.
Gina
May 05, 2015 Gina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 STARS

Okay this was a REALLY quick read. I was eager to read this book because I shamelessly LOVE the movie, I could watch it 897645 times and not ever get tired of it.
The book however was quite different from the movie. I think the movie is played out a lot better than the book.
For example, in the book Robbie and Georgia literally barely said a word to each other yet there already is the insta-love interest kinda thing. + 3/4th of the book they don't speak to each other bc they're mad at e
Jenny
May 09, 2017 Jenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, romance, 2017-reads
I've never laughed this much while reading a book in a very long time! This was such a quick and hilarious book that I finished it in only few hours! This is exactly what I needed to get over my reading slump. Highly recommend this book for its silliness and hilarious scenes!

prag ⚓
Aug 31, 2015 prag ⚓ rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I need negative stars for this. The average rating needs to go dooowwwnnn.
electrise
Apr 22, 2016 electrise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
there will never be another louise rennison.
  • Girl, 15, Charming but Insane (Jess Jordan, #1)
  • The Boy Book: A Study of Habits and Behaviors, Plus Techniques for Taming Them (Ruby Oliver, #2)
  • Heart to Heart : New Poems Inspired by Twentieth-Century American Art
  • Girls in Tears (Girls, #4)
  • Feeling Sorry for Celia (Ashbury/Brookfield, #1)
  • Mates, Dates, and Designer Divas (Mates, Dates, #3)
  • Many Stones
  • Gingerbread (Cyd Charisse, #1)
  • True Believer (Make Lemonade, #2)
  • A Wreath for Emmett Till
  • The Year My Life Went Down the Loo (Emily, #1)
  • The Off Season (Dairy Queen, #2)
  • Second Helpings (Jessica Darling, #2)
  • The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things
  • Repossessed
Louise Rennison was the bestselling award-winning author of the phenomenally successful ‘Confessions of Georgia Nicolson’ series, translated into over 34 languages and to the stage and big screen as ‘Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging’. She has won the Nestle Smarties Book Prize, the Michael L. Printz Honor Book and the Roald Dahl Funny prize for ‘Withering Tights’. Louise sadly died on the Februa ...more
More about Louise Rennison...

Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (10 books)
  • On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #2)
  • Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #3)
  • Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #4)
  • Away Laughing on a Fast Camel (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #5)
  • Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #6)
  • Startled by His Furry Shorts (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #7)
  • Love Is a Many Trousered Thing (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #8)
  • Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #9)
  • Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #10)

“Look, I can't go out with you, because...because...because I'm a lesbian.” 75 likes
“When uncle Eddie does his impression of 'Like a Virgin' it's like Madonna is coming out of his body!'
Christ what an image.”