Start by marking “The Lawnmower Man: Stories from Night Shift” as Want to Read:
The Lawnmower Man: Stories from Night Shift

The Lawnmower Man: Stories from Night Shift

Five classic tales of terror from Stephen King's bone-chilling and bestselling collection, Night Shift. 4 cassettes.

Contains "The Lawnmower Man," "The Ledge," "Sometimes They Come Back," "Quitters, Inc.," and "The Mangler."
Audio Cassette, Abridged, 0 pages
Published October 1st 1995 by Random House Audio

Start your review of The Lawnmower Man: Stories from Night Shift
Reddy Katzy
Mar 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult-books
LOVED THE GRASS GREEN PUBIC HAIR !
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
John Glover makes a great job of narrating these four unsettling tales from the pen of Stephen King.

So much so that I have just downloaded The Graveyard Shift.

If you're a King fan, I can highly recommend these short stories. After the last, you may never want to do laundry again......
Jessica Draewell
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I started to say, "What the hell did I just read?!" Then decided on, "Oh yeah, It's Stephen Fing King!"
keving chaupiz
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thought dabbling in the Black Arts would be good for a chuckle, how wrong I was. I should have never read that book.
Shabbeer Hassan
Apr 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, murica, 2019
A decent collection of macabre from King's stable, with a rather top-notch narration from JohnGlover. Personal favourites - "The Ledge" and "Quitters, Inc."

My Rating - 3.5/5
Gary Phelps
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Really creepy. NOTE: This story has absolutely nothing to do with the movie; King had to sue to get his name taken off the title.
Tamera
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Creepy as hell, so yeah Stephen King.
Markeisha
Nov 07, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: horror
Eating grass....and that's supposed to be scary!? BOOO!!
Donna
Just finished reading the audible book “THE LAWNMOWER MAN AND OTHER STORIES FROM NIGHT SHIFT” by STEPHEN KING. I read the short stories from the hardcover book “NIGHT SHIFT” while listening to the audible version narrated by JOHN GLOVER. This collection of unabridged short stories, included "The Lawnmower Man," "The Ledge," "Sometimes They Come Back," "Quitters, Inc.," and "The Mangler." Harold Parkette disposes of his lawnmower after his neighbor’s cat dies a gruesome death. But the “Lawnmower ...more
Deyth Banger
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2018
"January 2, 2018 –
January 2, 2018 –
70.0% "People like Stephen King Make my day in 2017 I read plenty books written by this well known author."
70.0% "54:43"
January 2, 2018 –
70.0% "Oh god he is alive........."
January 2, 2018 –
70.0% "This is like A.I....

...

MOre than VR"
January 2, 2018 –
70.0% "Here the things just happen!"
70.0% "1:12:17"
January 2, 2018 –
25.0% "lawn mower and virtual reality... the movie picture is quite damn good as for a movie
Laramie Gildon
These were good little short stories. Some better than others but overall enjoyable. I’ve got to drop this to 3 stars, because others that I’ve ranked at 4 or 5 stars I cannot put these on the same level. I hate to do it to King, but I’ve got to. Worth listening to, but not quite at the level of the others. I could definitely see these being made into full length movies or series based on the plots though.
Simon
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: short-stories
Honestly, I have been enjoying a lot of these stories far more than I would have thought. Being an older reader probably makes for that being part of the case if anything. There is a whole mix of circumstances in all of these short stories and I have enjoyed the delivery of them with musical aspects and even the odd sound effect.
Brian Holmes
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Quite a "Creepshow" Feel about this one.

I quite like king but this is quite a bizarre set of stories ranging from great to "What the heck was that?"
"Quit Inc" was superb but the others were very mediocre.

I would put this in the loo library. It isn't something that will engross you but worth a read if just spending a few minutes a time reading it.
Yahaira Hernandez
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it
3 out of 5 Stars.
Jodi Spencer
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite King short story - grotesque, stomach turning, fascinating, original
itchy
Oct 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
20october2019

read as part of the collection night shift, most probably back in 2008, after 22april.
Joe
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This edition beautifully read by the always-illuminating John Glover.
Daniel Guglielmo
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is my start into reading more (preferably horror) short stories. Creepy but not riveting.
Nicholas Strait
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fantastic read with the typical Stephen King flair. Understated characters brought to life through vivid description of surroundings.
Michael
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Some of these short stories were pretty cool. I enjoyed getting through them.
Andrew
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Five short stories, lawnmower man is WAY shorter than I expected, loved them all, wasn't crazy about The Mangler.
Scott Cook
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! I might have read this when I was much younger and I recognized some of the story's from the movie "The Cat's Eye" but my favorite short story of the bunch and the one I thought was the creepiest and also the one I'd never even heard of before was called "The Mangler" about a machine that gets possessed. King seems to have a fascination with devil machines...
Adam
I listened to this audiobook while I was driving on vacation and really enjoyed it.

The Lawnmower Man was my favorite short story in the collection. The story was very campy and enjoyable. It's nothing like the movie adaption. I would love to see King revisit Pastoral Greenery Lawn Care at some point. 3.5*

Sometimes They Come Back was the second best story of the collection. I really wish that King would have made this a novel. There is a lot more potential in with the story and plenty of more
Matt Smith
Oct 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: school-novels
I liked the build at the beginning, However, the Lawnmower man himself was just plain amusing! The part I disliked most was the almost non-sequitor of the attack on the protagonist: it seems everything is copesetic, between the two, but then all of a sudden, it's not. It seems that the phone call tipped off the Lawnmower Man, but he was talking about a sacrifice earlier, and indeed take a sacrifice, but I don't know. It seemed too off for me.
Alishia
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was my my favorite collection so far. The stories created a range of emotion...during lawnmower man I laughed and during quitters Inc I was on the edge of my seat. I love Stephen King, and this is a great collection for anyone whose just getting started with him and doesn't want to commit to a 1000 page book, but still satisfy the hard core fans.
Alisia
May 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: stephen-king
The 2 star rating is strictly for the short story The Lawnmower Man. I am rating and counting each short story in this book individually.

The Lawnmower Man was very creative but silly. It was just ok to me.
Robert
Sep 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Two words, Steven King. I think that is all you need, right?
Kristy
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
What just happened? I mean, really! What WAS that?
David Ronan
Aug 04, 2013 rated it liked it
The story was alright but a little bit disappointing considering I was expecting a fair bit from the book.
Stephen King Fans: The Lawnmower Man (movies) 4 61 Feb 05, 2010 09:52PM

• Remarkables
  • Paycheck
  • Kissing Doorknobs
  • The Twelve Days of Christmas in Canada
  • Genesis (Jack Stapleton & Laurie Montgomery, #12)
  • Throttle
  • That Spot
  • Tunsiya-Amrikiya
  • The Way Between the Worlds (The View from the Mirror, #4)
  • Dark is the Moon (The View from the Mirror, #3)
  • The Tower on the Rift (The View from the Mirror, #2)
Stephen Edwin King was born the second son of Donald and Nellie Ruth Pillsbury King. After his father left them when Stephen was two, he and his older brother, David, were raised by his mother. Parts of his childhood were spent in Fort Wayne, Indiana, where his father's family was at the time, and in Stratford, Connecticut. When Stephen was eleven, his mother brought her children back to Durham, ...more