Start by marking “O Regresso da Múmia (Arrepios, #27)” as Want to Read:
O Regresso da Múmia (Arrepios, #27)

O Regresso da Múmia

(Goosebumps #23)

DEAD...OR ALIVE?

After last year's scary adventure, Gabe's a little nervous about being back in Egypt. Back near the ancient pyramids. Back where he saw all of those creepy mummies.
Then he learns about an Egyptian superstition. A secret chant that is supposed to bring mummies to life. Gabe's uncle says it's just a hoax.
But now it sounds like something's moving in the mumm
Paperback
Published by Abril /Controljornal (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about O Regresso da Múmia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about O Regresso da Múmia

✨Tamara
#23 "He's back... from the dead!"
Gabe's back! And this time his adventure is deader than ever LOL. When Gabe learns a chant that will supposedly brings mummies back to life things start getting a little too creepy for him again.
Ken
Jul 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Goosebumps returns to Egypt as Gabe plans to visiting he’s Uncle Ben and Sari. They are about to unveil to the public the tomb that Gabe’s Uncle was excavating the previous year.

I liked that this was a direct sequel and if the previous book did lack slightly in mummies, this one soon made up for it.

The majority of the story was set inside the pyramid as the group navigate through the various tunnels.
I found this one to be slightly scare than the previous book, a welcomed addition to the series.
Carmen
Sep 27, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
I liked this book. We're back in Egypt with Gabe and Sari, some of the few non-white protagonists in the Goosebumps series. Sari is still an obnoxious little brat, and turning 13 has made Gabe into something of a flirt. He flirts with two adult women in this book: the flight stewardess and Nila!

Once again, Sari and Gabe are spending the summer with Sari's father, Ben. He is a renowned archeologist. They are just about to open the tomb of Khor-Ru, who was King Tut's cousin, or something.

One bad s
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Ένα από τα βιβλία της σειράς που με απογοήτευσε σε αρκετά μεγάλο βαθμό και αυτό γιατί είναι σχεδόν όμοιο με το πρώτο. Δεν λέω... δεν περίμενα να υπάρχει τρελή διαφοροποίηση στο story line, δεδομένου ότι κανένα sequel της σειράς δεν το κάνει, αλλά θα ήθελα να μην ακολουθείται η αρχική πλοκή σχεδόν κατά γράμμα, προσφέροντάς μου ένα αίσθημα αγωνίας. Κάτι να έχω να περιμένω, βρε αδερφέ...
Alex findingmontauk1
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I enjoyed this one and could basically see it unfolding in my mind like i was watching the TV episode - not sure if this one even has an episode actually. BUT in my mind it followed the same plot escalation as a Buffy episode with a powerful finale! Makes me wanna go see real pyramids, dangit!
Connie
Source: I own this book.
Cost: Unknown

Title: Return of the Mummy
Series: Goosebumps #23
Author: RL Stine
Overall Rating: 3 stars

This book is a sequel to book #4 of the Goosebumps series and it takes place a year later when Gabe goes back to Egypt to visit his Uncle Ben and cousin Sari again.

I always liked this book, but it was never one of my favourites as there are much better books in the series. I think that the first part of these mini series with the big series is always the best on
Veronica Ika
Aug 15, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel
"There's no way that moldy old mummified prince is going to come back to life just because I recite 6 words I don't even know the meaning of."

It's another adventure Gabe has with his Uncle Ben and Cousin Sari in archaeological world. Today, they make a great discovery, the tomb of the ancient prince from 4 thousand years ago witnessed by a reporter named Nila. But the discovery leads to something else when the reporter demands to know the six ancient words and speak them out loud five times...

Th
it'chy
Mar 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: soft
sticky bird bandages--what a novel idea!
Kaitlyn
May 12, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was a serious let down. It was almost the same as the first book to this one. Really you would think R.L. Stine could come up with something better, I mean he's written at least 30 books!
Anyway, the story takes place in Cairo, Egypt and Sari (Gabe's cousin) Uncle Ben, and Gabe are off again exploring a four thousand year old pyramid. Except this time they are about to open a tomb door that belongs to Prince Kahru.
Soon, Gabe and Sari get worried that Uncle Ben might be Falling for a la
Megan
This could've been a good story, but the ending left a lot to be desired. I was left with too many questions about what had happen, and I didn't like that at all. Gabe and Sari weren't all that likable, so reading the book took a while to read because of it. Just an okay book to me.
Kevin Xu
Jan 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
my most favorite Goosbumps book, if this happened I would just be dead, my greatest fear
Michele
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gabe and Sari return to Egypt to meet up with Uncle Ben, the famous archaeologist. Our young heroes are now thirteen and their competitive nature has not subsided with age. Ben is on the verge of a monumental discovery of a prince's tomb that could possibly eclipse How Carter's discovery of King Tutankhamen.

In this story, Stine situates the story to a desert camp near the tomb site. Just prior to breaking the tomb's seal, Dr. Fielding (Ben's partner) arrives and voices his belief in the tomb cur
Nicole Canosa
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a horror books but doesn't want to get SUPER scared. This book is designed to fit kid's needs in horror and is not over the top scary. I am a chicken when it comes to horror anything so this is perfect! This story plot includes a pyramid in Egypt where a man has been digging for years to find a old tomb of a dead prince who is also a mummy! Then, when his nephew comes to visit they find the tomb and uncover it. Later that night, his nephew says the ...more
Caleb
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gabe is going to go to Egypt where his uncle, who on is an archeologist, has uncovered a tomb.

This is something that interests Gabe and he wants his uncle to get the recognition he deserves. The only problem is Gabe's cousin will be there and she is always trying to outdo him in everything, like it's a competition.

They will need to work together when weird things start happening around the archeological site.
Chloe
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Review to come.

Rating - 2/5
Donna
So I think Stine’s real comfort zone is middle grade. I think Goosebumps, while at times silly, have far more developed plots, settings, and characters than his young adult stuff. In RETURN OF THE MUMMY, for instance, Stine takes his time setting the scene of Gabe going to Egypt and developing the setting while in Egypt at the dig site. The visual is much more real in my head than reading most of his YA stuff because, I think, so much of the book is setting up the creepy part to come.

Gabe and hi
Sarah (A Weebish Book Blog)
This review was updated on A Weebish Book Blog as part of my TBT Review feature.

R.L. Stine was one of my first favorite authors growing up and the goosebumps series my first fictional love. When I saw the library had the new goosebumps audiobooks, I was thrilled! I’m well aware that I never had the chance to read every single goosebumps story as I wanted to, and was excited at the chance to delve back into the series.

RETURN OF THE MUMMY is the second mummy book in the classic goosebumps series.
Jay
Apr 29, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Return of the Mummy" is the sequel to "Curse of the Mummy's Tomb", a Goosebumps book I thought was kind of up and down. And interestingly, it was one of the few that didn't really end in a cliffhanger. So the fact that there is even a sequel is kind of surprising. Luckily, Return of the Mummy is better than the first.

What I liked about the first is that the adults actually play an important part of the book. Uncle Ben is still his goofy mummy-searching self. He has a sketchy partner and there
Joseph Gagnon
Apr 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goosebumps
Yes, another sequel. I was excited going into this one, and after a few chapters, I'm still feeling pretty good about it. Sari is still a jerk. I wouldn't blame Gabe if he DID decide to take a swing at her. Of course he won't. He's very well behavied. Gabe pretty much does what he is told.

Read more chapter-by-chapter commentary at R. J. Spindle
David Santos
Oct 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book to Goosebumps book number 5 "The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb." I really like that there are two main characters. While it is in first person, Gabe is almost always with Sari, and their interaction makes it a fun read. A nice little twist near the end. This book is more scifish. You have mummy's, chants and other weird things, but still an enjoyable read. Uncle Ben is not a boring character. Alot like me. Wise yet humorous!
May 15, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave this bood 3 stars is because i thought it was really confusing. I didnt know where they were are what they were doing. After I read this book I would maybe read it again. The ending was decent, they saolved the mistery of what happened to the mummy and Jack and Amy were happy the never had to go to the pyrimids again.
Katey
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: film-adaptations
I enjoyed this book. I don't know if it was because it took place in a different country or what, but I thought it was exciting. I don't know what the twist was, but I could probably come up with some hunches.
Jose Ayala
the book was so cool.Because the mummy comes out and try's to stop the kids.But the kids run as fast as they can.Also it comes out of no where and then the kids start running and then it is also so funny.
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2g-4g, read-aloud
My 6-year old daughter LOVED it. She's a new recruit to the genre ;)
Highness Atharva
The second in the Mummy Series from Goosebumps. Almost like the first one but recruiting nor character and a grand big pyramid. Sari and Uncle Ben are back and I still love Saris attitude and competitiveness.
The story is not much gold but gets well and progressive but is not scary in the least. There are a few connections about the ancient dummy and the relics. I like the parts about the new discovery and the character of Nils but apart from that the book is dull and boring.

Plot

Gabe Sabry is fly
Bøgernes herre
Apr 12, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gys
Denne bog er eftersignende en efterfølger til bog nr. 5, mumiens forbandelse, som at jeg ikke havde den bedste oplevelse med. Den var ikke særlig interessant, og mumien kom først til sidst i bogen. I bog nr. 23, mumiens gravkammer, havde jeg en lidt blandet oplevelse med. Den havde sine øjeblikke, men ellers så var den ikke særlig interessant, der sker simpelthen alt for lidt i bogen. I den forrige bog var vi ikke fastlåst til at udelukkende høre omkring pyramiden, men vores hovedperson fik også ...more
Andreia
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Darcy McLaughlin
For some reason, RL Stine decided the fans were just clamouring for more mummy stories after the truly amazing Curse of the Mummy (book 5). I sure hope Gabe gets lost after trying to tie his shoes again!

Anyway, our book begins with our super cool hero Gabe flying on a plane all by himself like a big boy and getting fresh with a flight attendant. He's so smooth he's scoring extra peanuts while telling her about her Uncle Ben and his vast rice fortune. Sorry, his Uncle Ben is still in those Egypti
Robert Owens
Gabe is back in Egypt again. This boy sure does have adventures. Placed on a plane to fly by himself to meet his Uncle Ben (no rice jokes, please) without having a phone number to contact him. Hmmm . . .

They meet, and his cousin, Sari, is there too. She's a competitive one and spends most of the book one-upping Gabe.

Somehow, Uncle Ben has discovered a new pyramid. He and his small team are about to find the tomb that may contain riches and a mummy. So, Uncle Ben decides this is the perfect for
Huda.H
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about a young boy, called Gabe, who travels to Egypt to visit his uncle ben and cousin sari. He is overjoyed to be discovering and ancient tomb however, Mr Feilding is not do sure about the whole situation. This is a horror book but not gory. I really enjoyed it and loved the description of the characters. I really enjoyed the dialogue becuase it made me picture the scene better. I would say my favourite character is Sari because she is very competitive like me. I think this is a fu ...more
YA Buddy Readers'...: Return of the Mummy by R.L. Stine - August 18, 2016 13 60 Sep 12, 2016 05:26PM
  • The Attack (Animorphs, #26)

R. L. Stine b

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 67 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)