Start by marking “User Experience Management: Essential Skills for Leading Effective UX Teams” as Want to Read:
User Experience Management: Essential Skills for Leading Effective UX Teams

User Experience Management: Essential Skills for Leading Effective UX Teams

User Experience Management: Essential Skills for Leading Effective UX Teams deals with specific issues associated with managing diverse user experience (UX) skills, often in corporations with a largely engineering culture. Part memoir and part handbook, it explains what it means to lead a UX team and examines the management issues of hiring, inheriting, terminating, ...more
Published April 28th 2011 by Morgan Kaufmann Publishers

To ask other readers questions about User Experience Management, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about User Experience Management

Start your review of User Experience Management: Essential Skills for Leading Effective UX Teams
Ian Stewart
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Almost too much to read. A compendium of literally everything one would want to know about leading a UX team from hiring, to building a lab, including finding room in a budget, to leadership skills, and evangelizing work internally/externally. It’s peppered with real stories from real managers and leaders through the UX field. Kind of an incredible effort though a slog at many points. I might have hit a record number of highlights here. There’s just so much practical and useful stuff in here.
Miguel
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ui-ux
It was nice. Not the greatest book ever about the theme I think. If you read a lot about leadership and UX teams you will find the same topics here: office politics, motivation, HR stuff and such.

What I really liked about this book is a quote from Jared Pool on what are the abilities a UX professional should have. There's an entire chapter on this topic. It was written as if you were leading a team and you are the one encouraging your team to grow so there are a few relevant tips even if you
Mikal
Nov 22, 2012 rated it liked it
This book was a labor to complete. I'm not sure if I could recommend completing cover to cover but I do recommend it as a reference manual.

User Experience Management is about the pitfalls and situations managers run into in building and leading effective user experience teams. It tackles such subjects as: if you're building from scratch what discipline would be your primary team, what is a good team composition, should UX sit in engineering or marketing or somewhere else?

Lund has some useful
Michelle
Nov 13, 2011 rated it it was ok
This book does contain valuable information about building UX teams and managing their work. But boy do you have to work for that value! At times it seems Lund is just riffing off the top of his head, so he winds up repeating himself, or writing all over the map before circling around to his point. I found myself wondering whether this book was edited at all.
Laurian Vega
Mar 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ux, non-fiction
I got a lot out of this book, but it was really long and not very easy to get through. I wish that the points were more pointed rather than conversational.
Pep Trias
Jan 03, 2014
Jamila Breese
Mar 02, 2018
Đorđe
rated it did not like it
Jan 25, 2019
Gaby Prado
Jan 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
“The most important driver of user satisfaction is usefulness, which is largely reflected in the interaction design. The interaction design has to be incorporated at the deepest level of the software architecture and it is often the most expensive to change late in the process.” 0 likes