Start by marking “Oceanborne (Seaborne #2)” as Want to Read:
Oceanborne (Seaborne #2)

Oceanborne

(Seaborne #2)

Katherine Irons returns to a realm of elemental power, ambition, desire, and tenderness in Oceanborne. . .
An Irresistible Tide
Elena Carter has loved the sea all her life. As an underwater archaeologist, she works with it every day, cajoling it into giving up the treasures and mysteries of its past. But when she pulls a handsome stranger from the water in the midst of a s
Published September 27th 2011 by Brava (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Oceanborne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oceanborne

Laura the Highland Hussy
2.5 flames

This book is a hot mess.

[some minor spoilers]

I actually had quite a good time at the beginning. I laughed and smiled a lot...the problem? I don't think it was meant to be funny.

Several of the phrases that made it hard to take the story seriously:

[these are said by an Atlantean warrior-prince during those "oh crap moments" where the hero is in deep trouble]

-"By Zeus' bullocks!"
-"By Ares' foreskin!"
-"By Aphrodite's sweet mound!"
-"By Jason's fleece!"
-"By Ares' shaft!"
-"By Hades' rotten co
Barbara ★
I definitely had issues with this book. Those Atlantean swear words are just totally ridiculous and just rip the reader right out of the story. Can you imagine some guy actually saying any of these in place of holy shit?

-By Zeus' bullocks!
-By Ares' foreskin!
-By Aphrodite's sweet mound!
-By Ares' shaft!
-By Hades' rotten cock!

Seriously who in their right mind would say any of those? Even an Atlantean would be laughed at. Geez.

And my head almost spun completely around when Morwena came back from the
Crissy Hensley
Holy crap, I didn't think it could get worse! The entire last third of the book is one WTF moment after another. I can't...the plot devices..."sudden plot twist"...ow. It hurts. Physically. The threequel is on its way to me because I am a masochist and I need to know how this goes. Tell my family I love them. My epitaph will read: she couldn't stop looking at the Seaborne train wreck, and then it hit her.
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

OCEANBORNE, the second book in Katherine Irons paranormal romance series, Seaborne, unites three of my absolute favorite things: Atlantis, archaeology, and mermaids. Unfortunately, it doesn’t unite them very well.

My experience reading OCEANBORNE went something like this: “Ooh…a new mermaid paranormal romance. Sweet, the protagonist is an archaeologist! And it involves Atlantis!!” I snatched the book up, thrilled to have so many things I love all in one
Beth Dawkins
Sep 13, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011
Elena is an underwater archeologist, working off the coast of Crete. She took out the boat in some nasty weather, and happened to come across a naked man who she rescued. As the weather turns worse she is thrust into an underwater journey with the naked man who is Orion, an Atlantean prince.

This is the second book in the series, and although you don’t have to read the first, I think it would be helpful to get a better understanding of the Atlanteans and their underwater abilities. This one is a
Noemi Betancourt
May 08, 2013 rated it did not like it
Despite my love for the first book I found myself struggling to read this one and actually couldn't finish it. There were just too many things wrong. First, Orion wasn't that interesting in Seaborne so I should've figured an entire book focused on him would be a snorefest. Orion is an oversexed, testerone filled moron who can't help but paw the underwater archeologist who rescued him every chance he gets. Elaina meanwhile is probably the most inept heroine I've read in a long time. Any time she' ...more
Dark Faerie Tales
Jun 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-by-kiwi
Review Courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Need I repeat myself? Hot. Atlantean. Prince.

Opening Sentence: It wasn’t a good day to die.

The Review:

In this book, we return to the fabulous underwater kingdom known to all as Atlantis. We are this time in the mix of a brutal war and governmental coup of sorts. So things are a bit stressed in the great city. We also spend some time in Crete, where the heroine is spearheading an underwater dig in search of some major archaeological finds.

In
Parajunkee
Nov 09, 2011 rated it liked it
A warm and richly imagined world, Katherine Irons transports us to an underwater landscape where mermaids and Atlantis exists and humans aren’t the only humanoids on the planet. While rich in imagination, the romance left me a little wanting and the characters fell a little flat. I did enjoy the world but I do wish that more time was spent on the character interplay.

REVIEW:
The setting of Oceanborne is the underwater world around Greece. Atlantis exists and is actually underwater, populated by a
Bookaholics
Sep 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Oceanborne by Katherine Irons
Paranormal Romance- Sept. 27th, 2011
4 stars

Oceanborne is the second book in the author’s Atlantis series but can be easily read by itself. The first book, Seaborne, includes Orion’s brother Prince Morgan.

Orion is an Atlantis prince who is being attacked by several deadly shades. These shades suck the life out of beings and are responsible for a rash of deaths. Overwhelmed, Orion plans his last stand when a courageous human named Elena saves him. Orion is immediately
Leanne
Jun 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!

This book is amazing! It's different and extremely imaginative. Your carried away to a new world with so much to discover. The characters are believable and the descriptions took my breath away.
I had a lot of fun reading this book I was taken to a great new world right away, it kept me distracted from everything.
I recommend you read this book if your looking for something new and out of this world!
Angarad
Sep 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another romantic from the bottom of the sea.
I was a bit lost between the numerous swipe of memory amd the time travel but overall, a great story. I am very curious about Danu and what she ll be able to do later.
Ariel Baker
Mar 30, 2013
DiAnn
Oct 03, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
A native of Delaware, Katherine Irons lives in a 300-year-old farmhouse with her husband. When not writing, she enjoys reading, travel, and beach combing. She is currently at work on her next novel in the Seaborne series.

Seaborne (3 books)
  • Seaborne (Seaborne #1)
  • Waterborne (Seaborne, #3)