Start by marking “Children of the Blood (Books of the Sundered, #2)” as Want to Read:
Children of the Blood (Books of the Sundered, #2)

Children of the Blood (Books of the Sundered #2)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  724 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Continuing the struggle she began in Into the Dark Lands, Erin-newly dubbed Sara-is forcefully put to sleep for 300 years while her Lord finishes overtaking his enemies-and Sara's kinsmen. After conquering and slaughtering the last of the Bright Heart lines, he awakens an amnesia-ridden Sara and assigns one of his slaves, a fellow "child of the blood," to comfort her. As S ...more
Published April 1st 2006 by Benbella Books (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Children of the Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Children of the Blood

Amélie
Review first published at Fans of Michelle Sagara West

At the end of Into the Dark Lands, Stefanos has betrayed Erin trust by making her immortal at the price of her friends' life and has plunged her into sleep. Indeed, he has decided that they cannot be happy together as they are now, because Erin is feeling that she has betrayed her people for her love for Stefanos. Children of the Blood starts four centuries later when Stefanos has finally vanquished all the followers of the Light, putting a t
Apr 05, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Extremely dark and intense ... I'm hooked
Moira
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
20.2.2017 - 4*
Na rozdíl od prvního čtení jsem věděla, co čekat, a nebyla tak rozzuřená tím, co se dělo. Spíše melancholická, i když mě stále, díky mé špatné paměti, hodně prvků dokázalo překvapit, a užila jsem si drobné detaily, které jsem předtím neviděla. Stále jsem ale smutná proto, co se stalo, a rozzuřená, kvůli bezmoci, a taky na Stefana. No, tentokrát jsem ale dostatečně zvědavá, abych překousla i uraženost a pustila se do dalšího dílu. :)

17.9.2015 - 3,5*
- Stefanos. Já ho zbožňovala. V pr
Felicia
Hmmmm...this book is interesting haha
Well, Stefanos love for Sara is shown very clearly in this book and i LOVED it!
Though...i am still waiting for the strong young heroine that we met in the beginning of book one:(
i got kinda lost in this book as i find that situations(especially at the ending) were to discribed or explained clearly and i found out that i was lost for the majority of the book....
But overall, i love the awesome relationship and friendship!
Syd Dickson
Very dark, but I like that. I was a little disappointed to have the story be told mostly from Darin's perspective rather than Erin's, but given that she's a blithering amnesiac for the majority of the book, it makes sense. The story really picks up at the end of this book, and you can tell the next two books will have a much quicker pace.
Marajean
So far the book went on about Darin's life, the rules that I learned previously are bent all out. Stefanos isn't that great or evil, and Sara has slept for more pages than I care to count.

And all of this is leading towards my big payoff of her remembering before they even get together and hating him.

Meh.
Amanda Kern
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here is the greatest review. It made me cry and it made me laugh. That is all I can say about this book.
Limecello
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
a better beginning than book one - by some trick/fault of my app it switched the placement of books one and two and I didn't realize I'd jumped to book 2 - which may or may not have affected a lot of things but it was slow, with so many questions, and a lot of info dumping => thankfully slightly less in the beginning than others

However, I really hated the lack of delineation for internal dialogue - editor failing there, IMO
also, I don't know that I care to read book one to bolster the knowled
Mary
Jul 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good follow up to the first book. Satisfies the curiosity on what will become of the Sara and Stefanos. Of course the end is still open for more, but as with the first the curiosity is there but not particularly burning.
Sbuchler
Apr 20, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sbuchler by: Diana
  • Hunter's Death (The Sacred Hunt, #2)
  • Cast in Chaos (Chronicles of Elantra, #6)
See also:

Michelle Sagara
Michelle West

She lives in Toronto with her long-suffering husband and her two children, and to her regret has no dogs.

Reading is one of her life-long passions, and she is sometimes paid for her opinions about what she’s read by the venerable Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction. No matter how many bookshelves she buys, there is Never Enough Shelf space. Ever.

She has publ
More about Michelle Sagara West...

Books of the Sundered (4 books)
  • Into the Dark Lands (The Sundered, #1)
  • Lady of Mercy (The Sundered, #3)
  • Chains of Darkness, Chains of Light (The Sundered, #4)
“He walked into the shadows of his rooms; walked into the darkness that no light penetrated.
And there, under a halo of gentle red, she waited for him. In silence he stood, while the time drifted by. Days passed thus, stretching out. What of it? He had time. They had time.
He touched her hand; it did not move.
Very gently he lifted her body, cradling it in his dark arms.
Is this what you feel, Sara?
Is this what you feel when you cry?”
0 likes
“Just what is going on here?”
Darin would have had a hard time imagining the plump, friendly woman he knew so well wearing such a frown. He tried to make himself smaller as he looked at the distance between himself and the safety of the underside of Kerren’s bed.
He wilted visibly as Kerren threw a guilty look in his direction. The light that suddenly flooded his back might have been magical given the effect that it had.
“What’s this?”
He got slowly to his feet as Helna approached him, swinging the lamp gently to and fro.
“Or should I have known?”
“Hi, Helna.” Darin kept his voice as meek and friendly as possible.
“I should have known.” She shook her head, the frown fading just a touch around the comers of her mouth. Darin knew he wasn’t safe yet. “Do you have any idea what time it is, young man?”
“No, why?”
“Yes, you do, Darin. You don’t normally wear a nightdress early in the evening. And what’s that you’ve got on your feet? Slippers?”
Why are you asking if you already know the answer? Darin thought. He was wise enough not to say it out loud, for though it was a perfectly reasonable question, it always had the worst possible effect on adults.
“And don’t think,” Helna said to her son as he sidled toward the wall, “that I’ve finished with you yet, either. Darin’s a troublemaker, all right, but he’s his mother’s problem. I wish I could say the same of you.”
“Helna?”
Oh, great. Darin thought. Just what we need. Another one of them.
It was just one of those evenings. Jerrald rambled into view, wearing a night robe that his broad shoulders strained against. He was carpenter and blacksmith to the small enclave, but given his size, Darin was always certain that he’d have made a better warrior.
“What’s this?”
Helna turned to face her husband with a sigh. “More of the same.”
He raised an eyebrow, which was difficult considering he only really had one dark line of hair across the upper ridge of his eyes. “Kerren, have you been troubling your poor mother?”
Kerren gazed awkwardly down at the ground. After a moment he murmured a word of assent and hung his head.
Helna looked at him. “Aye, that he has.” Her lips gentled again, this time into a smile. “But not near as much as young Darin here’s troubling his.”
“Darin?” Jerrald’s broad grin was much less reluctant than his wife’s. “That’d explain a whole lot. What’re you doing here at this time of night, boy?”
“Pretending to be Renar,” Kerren said, with just a hint of spite in his voice.
Darin shot him a dirty look. “Was not. And anyway, I’m better at it than you.”
“Yeah? Well, I didn’t notice you escaping when the bells rang!”
“Well, if you had to learn anything, maybe you would’ve!”
“Boys!”