Start by marking “Off Kilter (Hot Scot Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Off Kilter (Hot Scot Trilogy, #2)

Off Kilter

(Hot Scot Trilogy #2)

Fire Down Below

Brash entrepreneur Roan McAuley has no problem getting naked. But being the only one in the room dropping kilt and giving plenty isn't his idea of fun--even if it's for the "Men of the Highlands" calendar and a good cause. However, getting feisty photographer Tessa Vandergriff all hot, bothered, and hungry is proving irresistible. . .even though she's not h

Published (first published December 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Off Kilter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Off Kilter

Jess
I liked reading this, but I don't remember a ton about it only two days later. I really appreciated the care taking aspect of it, though--the heroine is the one with PTSD and the hero is so gentle with her and it was lovely to read.

**Read for Ripped Bodice Bingo 2019, Kilts**
Susan
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book and more complex than I expected from the description. Roan is a native of Kinloch and the man in charge of running the island business of exporting artisan baskets. He's not too thrilled with being tagged to audition for a slot in the "Hot Scots" charity calendar. Though he could do without the audience watching the photo shoot, he's having a grand time giving photographer Tessa a hard time. Tessa came to the island to visit a friend and to try to deal with the things she's seen ...more
Carrie
Mar 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
This is not the first book I've read by this author, but it is the first book I've liked. I can't remember what it was that I didn't like about the others, but I've always steered clear away from this author even though the book blurb sounds intriguing. I finally decided with OFF KILTER to give Ms. Kauffman another try. I really enjoyed this book! Roan is a sexy man who knows what he wants out of life and isn't afraid to make the move if the woman is right. I loved this character and how underst ...more
SweetSue
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just such a good story - more than a light, funny read that you normally get from Donna Kauffman. The heroine has come to the small Scottish island looking for a place to relax and regroup from her war photographer career. The hero seems like the village bad boy - charming and only out for a good time, but it turns out he's actually serious and one of the main people keeping the village/clan's way of life intact.

I love that he's committed to the relationship early on and won't let her make it ju
Melissa
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Donna Kauffman's first book, "Some Like it Scot" with Graham and Katie, so much that I bought this, the second one, before I finished the first. What can I say? Ms. Kauffman did it again! This book was just as spicy and sexy as the first with the two main characters, Roan and Tessa, having amazing chemistry, but a totally different story line. They are both misfits, of a sort, with Roan not knowing who his family was and was raised on Kinloch Island just north of Scotland and Tessa, who ...more
Kristina
Roan McAuley is exactly what you think of when you think of a gorgeous kilt-wearing scot. He has the thighs and tight behind and the arms that could hold you up when you need it. He is also a nice guy which is why he is getting his picture taken for a calendar for hunky Scotsman to bring money to his town. And Tessa Vandergriff taking his photo is leaving him hot and bothered. Even though her hair is blowing her face and her clothes are rumpled while being loaded down with camera equipment. She ...more
Niki
This is the second book in the Hot Scot Trilogy by Donna Kauffman. I haven't loved this series nearly as much as the first one I read even though it is set in Scotland. The story is fun and entertaining but a little to unrealistic for me.
Diane
Oct 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first book in this series was awesome, so this one was quite disappointing. There were still some very good and interesting parts, but it dragged on and on with too much emotional back and forth that was the same stuff over and over. Hoping the next will be better.
Kaye
Apr 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute but man, so these two overthink.
Barbara ★
I must say that I'm not usually disappointed with Donna Kauffman's books but this one just didn't do it for me. It started out really good with lots of the humorous dialogue Ms. Kauffman is known for but quickly morphed into gagaland (I love you, no I love you more, repeat). I liked the tension and verbal sparring between Roan and Tessa. She had many personal issues that Roan found a way to get around and help her resolve them at the same time but (view spoiler) ...more
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Off Kilter is a charming tale that pits a no-nonsense photographer against a man who is used to turning on the charm and getting what he wants. I love how Ms. Kauffman chose these two characters as the main focal point of this book. The dilemmas, obstacles, and opposition both characters have are evident in the pages and gives credit to the author’s true writing talent as she shares it with her fans. The emotional pull that this novel has is stunning and allows us to see into the heart of a man ...more
RoseMari
This was probably my least favorite Donna Kauffman book, but only because it was so serious. This is me being extremely picky and having a certain expectation when i pick up a particular author's book. In this case, I wants a whimsical, happy-go-lucky love plot. What I got was a seriously traumatized heroine and a sage (yet still quite delectable) hero.

Don't let this review deter you from reading each and every Donna Kauffman book. She is an amazing author! Just know that this book has a seriou
Marianne Stehr
I do not usually read romance novels, but I was pleasantly surprised that this one actually had some depth and a decent storyline. I did not read the first in this series and was concerned that I was at a disadvantage, I don't think I was, it took a little longer to be introduced to characters who were likely introduced in the first in the series, however it was easy to catch up. This was not a traditional romance filled with wild sex and intense descriptions but more a relationship that was tes ...more
b.andherbooks
Well now. I chose this for the 'guilty pleasure' square for the Book Riot Read Harder Challenge (come on that description is too much), but this was actually really fun and great.
Kauffman's two main leads defy typical romance tropes. Tessa is suffering from PTSD related to her war photographer career and Roan is running an artisanal basket weaving coop on a small Scotish island. Tessa is on a holiday to hopefully recover when she is asked to photograph the men of the island (including Roan) for
Jessica
Feb 10, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 2015
3.5 stars, it wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. It had some great aspects. I fell in love with the location and the main characters. I think the secondary characters needed a little more. I realize this is a series, but I still want to feel more connected to all the characters. I want to know more about Shay, Blaine, and Kira, but not enough to hunt down the other books in the series.
The book also had some humor and some sexiness, but it was just ok. The beginning was my favorite. I loved their
Amy
Jun 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This started out as a fairly light-harted, fast, enjoyable read.

It got a little slow, and more bogged down, once the two main characters, Tessa & Roan decided they'd try to work together to be a happy, healthy couple. It seemed to me, Roan was really open-honest, and it just not the way the stories usually go. They usually question their feeling just a bit more, and I don't know any guys that would be so open & honest with a prospective girlfriend.
Michelle
I wanted to love this book. I enjoyed the first one so much, and Roan's story had so much potential. I liked him, and I even liked Tessa as his match. Unfortunately, the entire book was a rehashing of how opposite they were, how they shouldn't want each other but they did, and how Roan wanted to be there for her but Tessa didn't want to let him in. In addition to that, Tessa was most likely leaving, so what was the point? That is basically the entire book.
Princess Thuy
Oct 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stayed up all night reading this book and loved every minute of it. I love how Roan, our hero, knew he was in love before our heroine, Tessa, did. She had so much trouble believing she could fall in love because she thought she was broken emotionally but Roan knew she was capable and didn't give up on pursuing her. *sigh* Must read for sure!
Donna
Jan 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this MUCH better than the first book in this series. All of the things I didn't like in the first one were absent in Off Kilter. Roan and Tessa were very real, likeable characters and I loved their interactions. My only negative was that there was SO much dialogue that I found myself skimming it at times because it failed to hold my interest.
Suzanna
Sep 25, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, romance, fiction
I wanted a fun, cute read to distract myself from grad school reading - and this was the wrong book. Disappointing, REALLY dragged, and the dialogue just seemed to repeat itself on and on for most of the book. Plus nowhere on the copy I picked up at the library did it say it was the second in a series, and I did feel early on like I was missing something.
Jude Bown
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Powerfully emotional and motivated brilliantly. Donna did an incredible job of balancing a deeply wounded character with a strong counterpart. Near the end, when Roan helps Tessa realize the power and purpose of her heart, your heart will melt into a delicious, gooey puddle, too.
Allison
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me a long time to get into the book, but the ending was very cute.
Shawn
Oct 13, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't finish. Didn't even read the end...of course they must miraculously fall in love...maybe stopped judging each other based on typical stereotypes.
Christine D
a little too much sob story stuff.
I love the characters, but usually Donna Kauffman is better and more lighthearted than this.
Lisa
Aug 06, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This wasn't quite what I expected from reading other books by this author. This had a bit more to the story. At times, the story seemed to drag but overall it was a fun read.
LInda L
Not one of her better efforts, I don't think. OK, but kind of drones on and on. AND the heroine is just too too dramatic.
Anne
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: z2014-bir
I read 20%, then skipped to the end and read the last chapter and the epilogue. Boring as all get out!
Chris
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romancy, read-in-2012
I LOVED this book so much. I think Roan is my favorite of the three, just because I loved his sense of humor. What I want to know now is when do we get Shay's book???? =)
Nibrock
Fun. Quick. Easy read.
Lori Mason
Feb 27, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I like this author because her books are usually light and humorous. In this one, she tries to write the relationship and emotions. It just doesn't work for me.

• The Mammoth Book of Scottish Romance
  • A Novel Seduction
  • A Scottish Ferry Tale
  • A Highlander for Christmas
  • No Limits (Smithson Group Companion #3)
  • The Return of Black Douglas (Black Douglas, #2)
  • The Scottish Rose
  • Her Scottish Groom
  • Burning Down the Spouse (Ex Trophy Wives #2)
  • Undone: Going All The Way  / Her Secret Thrill / Good Time Girl
  • The Rose and the Warrior (Warriors #3)
  • The Sins of Viscount Sutherland (Lords of Sheffield Square, #1)
  • A Kind of Magic
  • Tall, Dark and Kilted (Highlander #3)
  • Highland Fling (Highland Dream, #2)
  • Perfect Strangers (The Scots, #1)
  • King of Storms (Isles/Templars, #6)
  • Summer at Seaside Cove
USA Today bestseller and award winning author of the Cupcake Club series and the Blueberry Cove series, DONNA KAUFFMAN has been gratified to see her books get rave reviews in venues ranging from Kirkus Reviews and Library Journal to Entertainment Weekly and Cosmopolitan. She lives in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains in southwestern Virginia, where she is happily working on the next book in her b ...more

Hot Scot Trilogy (2 books)
  • Some Like It Scot (Hot Scot Trilogy, #1)