Start by marking “A Quaker Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Quaker Christmas

A Quaker Christmas

Published September 1st 2011 by Barbour Books

To ask other readers questions about A Quaker Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Quaker Christmas

Start your review of A Quaker Christmas
Sarah Sundin
Nov 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
This Christmas novella collection offers a sweet remedy for seasonal stress—short, uplifting stories to refresh your love of the holiday. The four stories were each satisfying, although my favorite was Rachael Phillips's due to her fabulous humor. This collection is as delightful as the gingerbread cookies the four women share.
Loraine
A collection of four Christmas novellas each featuring a Quaker heroine. An enjoyable read at Christmas time with each novella only taking an hour or less. Great book to take a break from shopping or wrapping.
Carolyn Vandine West
I liked this collection of novellas focusing on the Christmas season and the Quaker lifestyle.
I did not realize that the Quakers do not celebrate Christmas and how much they were persecuted. I did know they helped with the Underground Railroad from references in history. One of these stories the last one focused on that.
Nothing heavy here just some light reading for the season. If I had started reading it sooner I would have just read one at a time, but now that Christmas is over so is th
Cheryl
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I thought all but the third of the novels in this collection were dull and boring. Most had little to do with Christmas. The last story was a little more interesting with a non Quaker woman married to a Quaker and trying to hide slaves on the underground railway.
Kate
Dec 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Mary is leary of Silas who is not respectful of their Quaker ways and beliefs, but can they each come to a mutual understanding?

Will feels responsible for a fatal accident that claimed the life of his best friend, Alan. Can Alan's widow Lucinda accept what was and look ahead to what is yet to become?

Some say the River Pirates are a legend of the past, while others believe they still rule the waters and land. Henry longs to escape from his questionable lifestyle. When Henr
Jae Roth
Oct 16, 2011 rated it did not like it
I cannot figure out the 5 star ratings. I couldn't even finish the second story, the first two were so bad. Sorry to the authors of the remaining stories, but there are too many things on my to read list to struggle through this mess.

The first story was terrible. The dialogue was banal, and the whole story was amaturish. I was stunned to find out this author had been publish prior. The story was stiff and stilted. I could not have cared less about the characters. If you are writing a
Dec 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
A Crossroad to Love - three stars. Sweet little romance and good characters.
Simple Gifts - Three stars. Sweet but didn't really stand out.
Pirate of my heart - One star. This story was to short for the chosen plot. I hated everyone but Henry.
Equally Yoked - Four stars. Best of the book. I loved that it was about a husband and wife.

Overall - a weak collection that really wasn't very good.
Debra
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this collection of four novellas. I am not a fan of historical fiction, but these were great stories! I did not realize how much the early Quakers were persecuted. These novellas brought that home. All four stories were well written and the characters came to life for me!
Ingrid
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Four short novellas. New to me authors. My favorite was Equally Yoked by Claire Sanders.
Alice LaJuett
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
enjoyable

This was a truly enjoyable read.Great characters, good storylines. It was a good way to while away the evening. I will read more from these authors.
Lillie
There wasn't much Christmas celebration because that is not the Quaker way, but I enjoyed these four stories about Quakers at Christmas in the 1800s. I think my favorite was the one about the Underground Railroad because it had some suspense.
Lynn Lorenz
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I don't normally read Christian romance, but this is such a sweet romance, and I do love those! Also I love historicals and this is a time period I'm interested in.
Claire's story was my favorite, although they were all good.
If you're looking for a sweet story and a glimpse into the Quaker world, this is the book for you!
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am really into Amish books. This Quaker one was a good read. I especially like the last story. It was less of a love story and more about the human spirit urging us to help other people. Each story in this was different, yet all were good. Or maybe I am just easy to please.
Janie  R.
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Enjoy this reading this book about the Quakers,though they didn't celebrate Christmas, some of the characters knew a little about the traditional Christmas. There is a great recipe in the back of the book fro Gingerbread cookies. I always enjoy reading books about the Quakers.
Phyllis Swain
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked all 4 of these books about the simple life of Quakers and how they celebrate Christmas. Took me back to a much simpler time, when we focused on what was really important in our lives.
Terrie
Mar 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
Easy reading; heart warming stories.
Terri
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very Enjoyable

I enjoy novels based on pieces of American history. The last book in this collection was my favorite. Very well written.
~*Trema Renae*~
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned, amish
A little too slow paced and simple for me. Definitely liked the last story best. (Equally Yoked by Claire Sanders).
Ausjenny
Jan 25, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Christmas Belles of Georgia
  • The Christmas Secret
  • The Seekers (Amish Cooking Class, #1)
  • A Log Cabin Christmas Collection
  • Montana Rose (Montana Marriages, #1)
  • Something New (Plains City Bridesmaids #2)
  • Bridal Blessings
  • Hidden Amongst The Amish
  • The Lost Heiress (Ladies of the Manor, #1)
  • Murder Aboard the Flying Scotsman  (Ginger Gold Mysteries #8)
  • Murder at Hartigan House (Ginger Gold Mysteries #2)
  • Murder at Feathers & Flair
  • Calm & Bright (Huckleberry Lake #1)
  • Earl of Wainthorpe (Wicked Earls' Club, #3)
  • A Woodland Christmas: Four Couples Find Love in the Piney Woods of East Texas
  • Winter's Secret (Northern Intrigue, #1)
  • Mending the Duke (Smithfield Market Regency Romance #3)
  • Wicked Earls' Club: Books 1-5
Lauralee Bliss is a published author of over twenty-six Christian romance novels and novellas in both historical and contemporary with nearly 600,000 sold. In 2018 she received a 25 book published award from ACFW.

Lauralee enjoys writing books that are reminiscent of a roller coaster ride for the reader. Her desire is that readers will come away with both an entertaining story and a les