Start by marking “Primeval: Extinction Event” as Want to Read:
Primeval: Extinction Event

Primeval: Extinction Event (Primeval #7)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  145 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
An Entelodon goes on the rampage down Oxford Street in central London causing untold damage and loss of life, and Cutter decides a new approach to tackling the anomalies is needed. When a mysterious Russian scientist arrives at the ARC, the Primeval team think they might have found the answer...
Published 2011 by Titan (first published March 3rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Primeval, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Primeval

Sassy Brit
I'm reviewing Primeval: Extinction Event. Here are my thoughts:

^^ When Cutter, Abby, and Conner are kidnapped, Jenny and Hemple go to search for them with the help of Helen, Cutter's estranged wife. Helen appears to know more than she is letting on, but they have no choice than to trust her if they are to get their crew back in one piece. Plus, they are running out of time, if normal operational activity is not resumed soon, the MOD will step in and cancel the entire research project.

^^ It's a
Beth
May 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this was an great book!! a must read!! even if you have never watched primeval i think you'll enjoy this book.
action packed!
sad to say that stephen isn't in this book:( it's set after he died:(
Katie
Jan 16, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, 2011, 2000s
Primeval: Exinction Event is a book based on the popular ITV television series of the same name about anomalies in time that occur, allowing beasts from prehistoric (and apparently also futuristic) times to slip through into the present day and cause havoc. In this particular installment, following an encounter with an entelodon on Oxford Street, Professor Nick Cutter, paleozoologist for the Anomaly Research Centre, is kidnapped along with his teammates zookeeper Abby and computer whizz Connor. ...more
Jessica
May 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD!

I really liked this adventure.

First there's an Entolodon encounter on Oxford Street. Connor proves he's awesome, the new Special Forces leader Jake Hemple is introduced, and Jenny once again proves she is a magnet for danger. Seriously, that's one thing I'm noticing and hating about these novels. It seems every time Jenny does anything, under orders or simply deciding to help, she just ends up getting in danger and causing more problems that the team has to fix.

Anyway, th
Paul
Mar 18, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Strange anomalies are ripping holes in the fabric of time, allowing creatures from the distant past and far future to roam the modern world. Evolutionary zoologist Nick Cutter and his team must track down and capture these creatures and try to put them back where they belong.

Primeval: Extinction Event by Dan Abnett is based on the popular UK television show of the same name. Nick, Abby and Connor are busy trying to deal with the anomalies that are appearing randomly across the UK. Connor notices
Chadwick Saxelid
Dan Abnett’s Primeval tie-in novel Extinction Event is a guilty pleasure that I knew I would enjoy. Although I purchased this particular book while the BBC dinosaurs-rampaging-across-the-United-Kingdom series was still in active production, my life long habit of buying far more books than I can ever possibly get around to reading kept it sitting around, waiting to be read, for several years. So it goes.

Extinction Event starts off like every other episode of the series. A bunch of dinosaurs, this
Bob Cantrell
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As good as the T.V. series

I am a fan of the T.V. series, Primeval, so when I saw this book figured to give it a read. The characters were true to the series as I read the appeared in my head like in the T.V. episodes. Some may feel that the book was too melodramatic, but for me it was pure escapism and that is what counts for me. I like story that have dinosaurs or some creature on the loose where it shouldn't be. Also ones that have the heroes of the story having to play it by ear to save the d
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another book in the Primeval series and it's a really good one. Cutter, Connor and Abby are kidnapped by Russians and taken to Siberia. The Russians have a major problem; anomalies of their own and lots and lots of animals that have come through. Big animals. Mean animals. Soldier-killing animals.

Things are tied in to the Tunguska explosion (which some people believe was a UFO, but scientists say it was a comet, probably, that exploded before it hit the ground), in an interesting manner
Rose Dawson
Knížka napsaná podle známého britského seriálu Pravěk útočí se svým vlastním příběhem,který se odehrává po skončení 2 série.Byla jsem hodně zvědavá,jak si s tím autor poradí,jestli to bude mít tu správnou ''Primeval'' atmosféru a realistické vykreslení postav.A rozhodně jsem byla překvapena!Sice tam bylo pár nudnějších chvilek,ale to se dá přehlédnout vzhledem k tomu,co následovala za skvělé,akční a ano i děsivé scény.Atmosféra byla docela strašidelná,trochu ve stylu Jurského parku,za což se mi ...more
Teresa
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I've read this one several times. I love the TV show and the books stay very true to character and are extremely well thought out and well-written. Of the four books, Extinction Event is my favourite. I just love the plot line! But really, I love all four. The only thing I would change about this book series is that there'd be a lot more books in it!
Toe
Dec 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any fans of the televised series
Shelves: woo-amazing
i loved the television series and i was gutted when i found out that ITV had axed it - then happy again when they changed their minds - then gutted again because it's not coming on 'til 2011. so after all the emotional turmoil (lol =P) i was so elated when i discovered they had made a series of primeval books. they are really amazing.
Shayna S
Jan 04, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2010
Read with an online book club. I was surprised at how well-researched the science and military aspects were and how vivid the sensory imagery was in situations the author could only have imagined. (For instance, no research could have told Abnett what a tyrannosaur might have smelled like or the colors and skin texture of a dimetrodon.) An enjoyable read for someone who has watched the TV show.
Ariel
Feb 18, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one a lot! A lot better than "The Lost Island" which I read first.
The characters all felt real, and the action was non-stop. Connor's nerdiness and Abby's spunkiness felt spot on, and the supporting characters were fleshed out in a way that I felt really surprassed LOSt Island.
Well done!
Martasek
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paráda!
Okolo knížky jsem dlouho chodila a díky letošní výzvě jsem se k ní konečně dostala. Když jsem to četla, mám pocit, jako kdybych se na to dívala, jak skvěle je to napsané.
Bohužel, jak tu už někteří napsali, jsou přeloženy pouze 2 díly. A na Goodreads je tento díl až 7. !!! Takže tichá závist těm, kteří mají k dalším dílům přístup. A já se vrhám na druhý přeložený.
Jane
Feb 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 2012
Dan Abnett really knows how to write a good tie in. This book had everything I would ever want from an actual episode of Primeval. I really loved the plot and the characters. Pity Becker wasn't in it.
Jamie Peters
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Been a fair few years since I last read the primeval books, but this one still remains my favorite
Jutta
Dec 27, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i liked this one best so far of the primeval books.
Audrey
Jul 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read very much like an episode of the show. Unlike a lot of media tie-ins this felt like it was written by someone who watched the show faithfully & knew the characters well.
Andrew Beet
absolutely brilliant book the author has got the characters spot on the story was action packed every fan of primeval should read this book.
Donna
Aug 26, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It wan't bad. The characters were true to form. Missed having Becker as Alpha team leader.
Cherilyn
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this novel - Dan Abnett really knows how to keep you interested. So far my favourite Primeval tie-in novel.
Alison
Oct 27, 2013
Rinoa Heartilly
Jul 21, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Primeval: The Lost Island (Primeval, #6)
  • Fire and Water (Primeval, #8)
  • Shadow of the Jaguar (Primeval, #5)
  • Warehouse 13: A Touch of Fever
  • Eureka: Road Less Traveled (Eureka, #3)
  • Skypoint (Torchwood, #8)
  • The Men Who Sold the World (Torchwood, #18)
  • Long Time Dead (Torchwood, #17)
  • The Murder on the Links (Agatha Christie Comic Strip)
  • American Virgin, Volume 4: Around The World
  • Shadows of the Past (Whispers of a Legend #1)
  • Just a Pilgrim
  • The Last of Us: American Dreams #2
  • Almost Perfect (Torchwood, #9)
  • Codgerspace
  • Raptor
  • How to Walk a Puma: And Other Things I Learned While Stumbling through South America
  • Doctor Who: Wishing Well

Primeval (8 books)
  • A Rip In Time (Primeval, #1)
  • Dangerous Dimension
  • The Lost Predator (Primeval, #3)
  • Fight for Survival (Primeval, #4)
  • Shadow of the Jaguar (Primeval, #5)
  • Primeval: The Lost Island (Primeval, #6)
  • Fire and Water (Primeval, #8)