Start by marking “The Onyx Talisman (Talisman, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Onyx Talisman (Talisman, #3)

The Onyx Talisman

(Talisman #3)

Alora looked back and the corner of her lip turned up. "It's always darkest before the dawn, Julia. Good luck." Her words sent chills up my spine as she vanished. Unrest stirs deep in Scotts Valley. Filled with uncertainty, Julia anxiously awaits Nicholas' return. Phil, hurt and unsure of his place as a sober vampire, holds the pieces of Julia's fragile psyche together, se ...more
Published December 16th 2011 by Obsidian Mountain Publishing (first published December 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Onyx Talisman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Onyx Talisman

ILoveBooks
Mar 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Finally, the finale of a wonderful series! Julia has a destiny to fulfill and several secrets to uncover. Julia's friends and family may not be quite what they seem and she will need to track down the person she suspects is harming vampires. The reader will be treated to the appearance of more and more vampires as the ending draws near. With the arrival of these vampires, a lot of trouble begins stirring in their small town. Julia will have several difficult decisions to make.

Julia's character i
Na Deela
Feb 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, romance
Im finished with the Talisman series and I feel a little brokenhearted. *SPOILER ALERT* While I love that the author gave me an outcome I never expected, I am still so hurt Julia ended up with Nicholas. I cant figure out why, but I really wanted Julia with Phil. I felt betrayed at the possibility of him with Sam. I really don't think its fair that Nicholas still exists after all, I mean, how can he? Then he just flies out to see her hoping she remembered too and expects he'll be allowed to move ...more
Kim
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this series! This book was so good! Sad that its the end of the series. Would love to read more booms about Nicholas. Loved the twist at the end of the book. Loved that Nicholas and Julia got to be together and that he remembered everything.
Countrygirl Bookreviews
I loved the first two of this series and can't wait for the third to come out!
Lenore Kosinski
Sep 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
OK, I don't know how everyone else feels, but I really really enjoyed the last book. I'm still not in love with Julia, something about her character just rubs me the wrong way. But wow, the twists and turns...I couldn't have seen any of it coming. Some got a little crazy, but I loved the "epilogue"-y part...if you read you'll know what I mean. Oh Phil, so glad you remembered too.... All in all it wasn't my favourite, but I'm so glad it didn't stop me from reading Everblue, b/c that book rocked a ...more
Ciara
Jan 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Let me say that I did not see this ending coming!!! I cannot say anything more because I truly want you readers to be surprised but wow, what a conclucsion!!! I absolutely fell into this trilogy by accident, the first book the Emerald Talisman was promotionally being sold for free so I decided to give it a shot on then beofre I knew it I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Onyx Talisman!!!
Julia fulfills her destiny in the final book in this series as the vampires start to flock to her town and
Cynthia
Jan 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, ya
The Onyx Talisman wraps up the Talisman Trilogy in a big way. It was the perfect end to a great little series. Unlike many trilogies that leave you wanting more and not feeling like the ending was what you wanted it to be, this book has a "finality" to it and gives closure to the story.

The prophecy Scarlett has been harping about since she met Julia in the first book, The Emerald Talisman, comes to be finally. The day has come and Julia is torn in many different directions. Cain has descended an
Mar 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If I could sum up the entire trilogy in one word, it would be WOW. While there were some aspects of the novel that I could have done without (triangles...really?) the ending far made up for any shortcomings over the whole series. I haven't felt this satisfied with a series end in, well, I don't know if I've ever been this satisfied. For what may be the first time ever, I finished the series and didn't want to scream, didn't want to throw something in frustration, or even so much as lament the en ...more
Monika
Well, this series is done and I have to say I liked this last book in this series the best. I love the fact that the story is over (even though I'm sure that could change if the author wanted to). Series that leave you kind of hanging because maybe other books might come but don't annoy me. I think Brenda Pandos did a really great job pulling everything together and still giving a HEA ending.

I loved the characters in this book especially Phil but I'm glad Julia ended up where she did, it just se
Rachel Householder
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Many of the series I have read lately do not finish strong. Or leave me wanting to read more by the author. After book 1 I want to read everything they've written, by book 3, I would be okay with not reading anything.

NOT SO HERE!

In fact, I wanted more about these characters. What a GREAT series, great story, and great characters.

I've read a lot of YA lately, and this is the series I want to see more of, movies, print, however I can get it.

Well done.
Mya
Oct 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Wow Brenda, just WOW! I cant even begin to tell you how amazing this book was. Completely blown away by the action and how everything came to be. I am sad to see that this series is over, but it couldnt have ended in a better way. Thank you for writing such wonderful books that I will read over and over again throughout the years to come.
Misty Wyatt
Dec 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I so loved this book. I just hate the thought of it being the last one. I so want more. Iwant too know how Nicholas and Julia handle things from here on out. I want too know if Phil gets with Sam. I just want more of Nicholas.
It has love, hate, losing close friends and having loved ones hurt. And it deal with what it would be like too never loose someone.
Brenda I want more.
LeNore
Dec 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
WOW! This was the best written book of the series. Once the action started (and it started early on) it was rapid fire action and danger. One thing I love about this series is the supernatural character changes, their good, then bad, then indifferent. I loved that! I never knew what to expect. I can't say more without spoiling it for others. It really kept me reading.
Royale
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
"I wish for a fourth book," was the sentence that I though at the finish of this book. What a story! Amazing. The twist at the end threw me off for a second, but only made me read faster.

Whether you're 10 or 110, this book is a must read.

M&M Drew
Stephany
Oct 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
That was amazing! Brenda, You really pulled everything together beautifully! I'm just sad that it's over I'm really going to miss Phil most of all! ;) If you loved the first two in this series, Onyx really tops it off! A MUST READ!
Anna Lynn Portwood
Jun 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!!! I absolutely LOVED this book! I loved how it ended and the whole build up through out the story to the happy ending. Can't wait for the next book to come out by Brenda Pandos.
Amanda
Jun 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, favorites
I love this series. It is really well done and the characters are amazing. Nicholas and Julia are one of my favorite literary couples. I also love love love how this series ends. It was a great read.
Nicole
May 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Omg....this was am awesome ending to a great series. I'm kind of sad that there won't be anymore Julia and Nicholas, but I really liked how it ended. I smiled a lot and cried at times. Loved it!!
Valerie Waters
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved loved loved the ending!!!! Kinda cheesy but I loved it!!
Allison
Jan 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this series! So sad its done!
Cynthia Cene
Mar 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review coming soon
Jodi Morgan
Jan 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a great series. The ending was refreshingly different. Great job Brenda.
Lauren
Mar 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, signed
Ever since I stumbled upon The Emerald Talisman, the first book in the Talisman series, I've been a huge fan of this series as well as Brenda Pandos. Brenda always manages to write such spectacular books that are plot as well as character driven, so to say I was pumped to read The Onyx Talisman, the last in the series, is a serious understatement. I couldn't wait to find out what would happen next, and I had inkling that Brenda would figure out the perfect way to end the series. Luckily, my pred ...more
Chelsea
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jessica
Apr 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Those of you who have been following my blog for any length of time know that I love Brenda Pandos! In particular, her Talisman trilogy has been one of my favorites so far. There is so much to love. Julia, Nicholas, deliciously evil vampires, it all adds up to some of the best reading I've done so far.

That being said, I know that going in to The Onyx Talisman I had a lot of high expectations for it. I was bound to be a little disappointed because of that very fact. I think what struck me most ab
Stacy Sabala
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, romance, suspense
Book Review- The Onyx Talisman by Brenda Pandos

In the third book of the Talisman Series, Julia is going crazy without word from Nicholas. She can’t stand being away from him. Scarlet, Phil, Tyler and Katie won’t let her go to LA to see him. They have formed their own coven with Scarlet who’s planning to enable Julia to break the curse and destroy all vampires.
When her mother’s body has been discovered, Julia, Luke and her dad end up in LA. Julia takes a chance, sneaking out to check on Nicholas
Once Upon a Twilight
Apr 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Another sad day for me in the book world. Seems all my favorite series are coming to an end. Sad to see it end but happy to see how it ended. One detail I loved about this 3rd installment is the cover. Its my favorite from the series. What an incredible job designing it. Besides the cover Brenda delivers with the last book in the series. You get the trifecta with the Talisman series; Great story, great characters and great series.

In this last book Julia continue her quest. Nicholas is still awa
Rhyann
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was probably the best out of all of them. It had all the action in it and the ending was just so astonishing I was quite literally on the edge of my seat with my mouth gaping open and eyes wide enough to be dishes. It was just such a twist and so unbelievably unexpected that I was in wonder right the way through. I love the romance between Nicholas and Julia, and Phil is just like, so cool, but I was a little disappointed about who he picked as the one he loved, and other than Scarlett ...more
Anna  (The Bursting Bookshelf)
Wow. All I can say is wow, what an amazing end to an amazing trilogy. The action starts at the beginning and keeps rolling through to the end, as it did in the rest of the books in the Talisman series. If I could change one thing, it would be that I would have begun this series much earlier than I did.

The characters continued on their monumental growth that had been building throughout the series. By the end, Julia was a stronger young woman than ever before, having seen both the good and the ba
Katie
Feb 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
The Onyx Talisman, the final book in the Talisman series, does not disappoint fans of the trilogy. It's full of action, suspense, steamy romance, and blood-crazed vampires. Fans will get everything they wanted and more!

Getting back into the story takes pretty much no time at all. Things pick up shortly after the ending of The Sapphire Talisman and it's hard not to get sucked back in. Tension is high, hearts are broken, and friendships are being tested. The Onyx Talisman is one surprise after ano
who's with me for a book 4? 3 22 Oct 01, 2012 02:40AM
The OnyxTalisman 1 21 Jan 17, 2011 02:26AM
  • Wraith's Awakening (Para-Ops, #0.5)
  • The Dark Rising (Of Witches and Warlocks, #4)
  • Angel Eyes (Forever Trilogy, #3)
  • Fated (The Bloodstone Saga, #2)
  • Blood Secrets (Alexandra Sabian, #2)
  • The Knight of the Rose (Dark Secrets, #1.2)
  • Blood Jewel (Vampire Agápe, #2)
  • Hopeless Magic (Star-Crossed, #2)
  • Blood Bond (Pulse, #5)
  • Vamp Yourself for War (Vamp Chronicles, #2)
  • Oathbound (The Shimmer Trilogy, #3)
  • Beloved Purgatory (Fallen Angels, #2)
  • Indulge (Warm Delicacy, #2)
  • Forever (Fateful, #3)
  • Shades of Blood (Warriors of Ankh, #3)
Author Brenda Pandos lives in California with her husband and two energetic boys. After her release of EVERMORE late 2015, she suffered from a stroke. While she's had a miraculous recovery, the part of her brain she'd used to write fiction with hasn't returned yet.

At 18-months post-stroke, she's decided to start working on her memoir to tell her story. It's very tiring for her and slow going, but

Talisman (5 books)
  • The Emerald Talisman (Talisman, #1)
  • The Sapphire Talisman (Talisman, #2)
  • Out for Blood (Talisman #3.5)
  • Blood Wars: Book 4 (The Talisman Series)