Start by marking “Dark Room” as Want to Read:
Dark Room

Dark Room (Pete 'Monty' Montgomery #2)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  566 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
On Christmas Eve seventeen years ago, Morgan Winter was traumatized by the discovery of her parents' brutally murdered bodies in a Brooklyn basement. When shocking new evidence overturns the killer's conviction, Morgan is forced to face the horrifying realization that the real killer is still out there.

Trapped between past nightmares and present danger, she hires Pete Mont
Published March 17th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published March 27th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Room, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Room

Maria Clara
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Muy buena historia. Aunque el tema principal de la narración es el suspense -la resolución de un crimen cometido en el pasado-, la parte romántica no se queda corta. Su autora sabe dosificar la información y nos la va entregando gota a gota hasta mostrarnos a pocas páginas del final el verdadero criminal. En cuanto a los protagonistas, todos son especiales y nos muestran diferentes maneras de amar.
jenjn79
This is the second book that I've read by Andrea Kane, and while I can't say that it was absolutely fantastic, I enjoyed it enough. For me, there just wasn't any special zing to it to make me really love it. But it certainly wasn't downright awful.

In Dark Room, Morgan Winter is a young woman still trying to get over the brutal murder of her parents seventeen years earlier. To this day, she still has nightmares about finding the bodies in the basement of her mother's women's shelter. And now it
Michelle
Feb 02, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Dark Room is supposed to be romantic suspense, but i really got neither of those things from this book. The plot had some ridiculously unrealistic coincidences and the dialogue was sometimes dumb and seemed forced. I barely got through this book. I almost quite a few times through it, but I hate not finishing things.
Amber Dickey
I liked this book enough to keep me going. The author isn't my favorite, but I enjoyed the characters.
Mojca
On Christmas Eve 1989, then ten-year-old Morgan Winter, discovered her parents's corpses in the basement of her mother's woman's shelter in Brooklyn. The culprit was found and confessed, but the lead detective, Pete "Monty" Montgomery, didn't feel right about the conviction, feeling there was something off.

His gut instinct is proven right just before Christmas seventeen years ago, when irrefutable proof surfaces, the wrong man is sitting in prison for the murder. Morgan, in shock and reeling, hi
Marcia
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Molly
Dec 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pete Montgomery makes an interesting protagonist, one you want to know more about. He has an interesting family and interesting work. Hopefully, Kane will write more about this character.
Ana Maria
Feb 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: español
Primero: es un libro de suspenso, no romántico.
El protagonista es el detective privado Pete Montgomery, que está casado. Aunque hay un romance incluído, entre la que lo contrata (Morgan) y el hijo del detective (Lane), no es el tema principal de la novela.
Luego, me pareció bueno. En general.
Se trata de descubrir al asesino de los padres de Morgan luego de diecisiete años. La autora va generando distintas líneas de posibilidades de lo que pasó: ¿fue un crimen político, pasional, mafioso? que e
Maryan
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dudaba en darle las 5 estrellas porque aunque la historia está muy bien escrita, con unos personajes muy bien perfilados desde el principio sospechas quien es el culpable. Pero al final ha sido la forma en la que la autora ha logrado que me quede enganchada a las páginas del libro lo que me ha hecho decidirme.
Patricia
Mar 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark Room
Andrea Kane
Avon Books, 2007, 388 pps.
ISBN No. 978-0-06-074135-8

Morgan Winter has spent years trying to conquer her nightmares. Now Pete Montgomery, former police officer and currently a Private Investigator brings her news that can only plunge her deeper into her nightmares.

Morgan was ten-years old when her parents were brutally murdered. Morgan discovered the bodies. Pete Montgomery was a police officer and on the murder scene. He recognized how traumatized Morgan was and comforted he
  • Black Water
  • Resistance
  • Nameless (Less Series, #2)
  • Nemesis
  • Ice Trap
  • The Perfect Liar (The Last Stand, #5)
  • Night Kill (Iris Oakley, #1)
  • Code Name: Bikini (SEAL and Code Name, #9)
  • Deadly Dreams (Mindhunters, #5)
  • The Testament (Bravo Shaw, #1)
  • Wait Until Dark
  • Hark! (87th Precinct, #54)
  • Nothing To Fear (Romantic Suspense, #4; Chicago, #3)
  • False Dawn (Jake Lassiter #3)
  • Here She Lies
  • Flashback
  • Tracking Bear (Ella Clah, #8)
  • The Murder Notebook (Nate Rodriguez, #2)
Coming in September 2017 from Andrea Kane: A Face to Die For.

Andrea Kane is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of twenty-eight novels, including fourteen psychological thrillers and fourteen historical romantic suspense titles. With her signature style, Kane creates unforgettable characters and confronts them with life-threatening danger. As a master of suspense, she weaves them i
More about Andrea Kane...

Pete 'Monty' Montgomery (2 books)
  • Wrong Place, Wrong Time