Start by marking “A Wish Too Far (Lars and Rael, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Wish Too Far (Lars and Rael, #3)

A Wish Too Far (Damned If You Do #3)

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  80 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Be careful what you wish for . . .

There’s a new drug on the streets called Wishes: little pink pills that bring you your heart’s desire—but in a way that’ll rival your worst nightmare. Lars Thornsson of the Paranormal Enforcement Agency isn’t pleased to have to work the case with two of his most hated and incompetent colleagues. He’s even less happy to come home one night
Published January 1st 2011 by Torquere Press

To ask other readers questions about A Wish Too Far, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Wish Too Far

Serena Yates
Jan 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
The third (and so far final) story about Lars and Rael revealed some more detail about the demon world, Rael’s somewhat frightening mother, and had another mystery that needed solving. The little Wishes pills and what they ultimately turned out to be added a level of humor to the proceedings that I really liked.

Rael continues to try to get used to living ‘topside’. He desperately wants to please his lover, and one of the ways he thinks he can help gets him into a whole lot of trouble. He is very
Ami
Jan 15, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-short-stories
Maybe I'm just not in the mood or I'm getting harsher with M/M genre these days, but I found this one lacking of everything I love from the two previous books. The humor, the cuteness, they all seem to be lacking. I don't smile once -- I don't find the mystery as intriguing at all. I don't feel there is enough Lars and Rael's interaction. There is one big life event turnout for Chele (Lars' partner); but she has never been my main reason to read this book.

*shrugs*
Jilrene ♥
Clever ending there. Now I have to go straight into the next book. (it's not a cliff hanger, it's just a new plot thread)
Tailtiu
Jan 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I would like to see more from Lars and Rael in the future and...

where can I get my own demon? ;)
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Love this series, it keeps getting cuter and funnier! Now I just wish it would get longer!
I want to know what happens with C and Shax!
Cole Riann
Review posted at The Armchair Reader.

I have had so much fun reviewing the first two stories of this series. I reviewed them at BER and was a bit sad when this was over the word limit there. So, I waited until I had a blog of my own to review it and I almost didn't want to read it because I love these guys so much -- they're SO much fun -- and I didn't want to read the last story in their adventures.

Lars Thornsson, a half-valkyrie detective with the Paranormal Enforcement Agency first met Rael, a
Daesy
Melissa
Jul 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A Wish Too Far

By J. L. Merrow

We are back with the group from the Paranormal Enforcement Agency, Lars and Rael are still keeping it hot and heavy and Rochelle is still picking on Lars about his illegal little succubus.

We know from the previous books in this series that Rael loves to cook; now he has a national chef with a show that wants to do an episode that showcases him and his pastries. The producer leaves Rael with a slip a paper with his number on it that only says ‘call me.’ Now, with Rael
Susana
Apr 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Detective Lars Thornsson and his job mate Rochelle have a messy case: somebody is selling a new drug which grants wishes to the people who take it… albeit in a very twisted way. Having to work with two bullish and incompetent colleagues is bad, but things get worse when Rael, Lars’ demon lover, follows his instincts and tries to help… Only to get arrested by dumb and dumber. The icing on this absurd cake is Rochelle’s very expected and magical pregnancy…
Another instalment of this funny series: I
Nicole
Nov 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, paranormal
Very cute. Glad to see C coming around. Dee and Dumont are assholes though.
Thomaidha Papa
Apr 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, paranormal, demons
4 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Review to follow.
Chris
Nov 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. In this one, our detectives are after a mysterious person who's making and pushing pills that grant wishes... slightly twisted.
Melanie

Feb 06, 2016
Hpstrangelove
Mar 16, 2014
Julia
rated it did not like it
Dec 02, 2013
Jan 27, 2014
Sylvia
Oct 08, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
JL Merrow is that rare beast, an English person who refuses to drink tea. She read Natural Sciences at Cambridge, where she learned many things, chief amongst which was that she never wanted to see the inside of a lab ever again. Her one regret is that she never mastered the ability of punting one-handed whilst holding a glass of champagne.

She writes across genres, with a preference for contempora
More about J.L. Merrow...

Damned If You Do (5 books)
  • A Calling for Pleasure (Lars and Rael, #1)
  • A Blast from the Past (Lars and Rael, #2)
  • A Glutton for Punishment (Damned If You Do, #4)
  • Damned If You Do: The Complete Collection