Start by marking “Chris Hoy: The Autobiography” as Want to Read:
Chris Hoy: The Autobiography

Chris Hoy: The Autobiography

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  164 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews

The first Briton to win three Olympic golds at the same Games, Scotland’s Chris Hoy is a genuine sports superhero. His autobiography charts the life of a seven-year-old BMX fanatic, supported by a devoted dad and his local cycling club, through paralyzing self-doubt and a major career overhaul, to the sport’s Holy Grail. This 32-year-old cycling fanatic from Musselburgh in

Published October 15th 2009 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Chris Hoy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chris Hoy

Khurram
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had heard lots about Sir Chris Hoy reading other autobiographies, and in the news. The strange thing is despite being a great athlete, ambassador and a celebrity there was never a bad word about him from anybody. Then I saw his own interviews and he came across as a gentleman and nice grounded sort of fellow. Could this really be Brittan's most successful athlete? Yes it can!!! I was so good to read a book that is so positive. I became a bigger fan of Chris Hoy after reading this book.

Chris sh
John Houston
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic Book....the real Mc Hoy,

Right from the start I loved this book. I'm not sure how much help Chris had in writing it but from cover to cover it felt like it was just him speaking. At all times it came across as honest and true. I enjoyed how he described his early upbringing in Edinburgh and time and again he points out not how special he was/is but how he was just an ordinary guy.

His rowing experiences and his way of describing how he used that to move out of his comfort zone is well e
Alastair Arthur
Autobiography focussed on the cycling career of the multiple Olympic champion. A very open and down-to-earth book with a lot of humility. Some fascinating insight into sports psychology and training approaches, Hoy comes across as a very likeable character with a lot of determination but with motivation coming from enjoyment of the sport rather a driven need to prove himself. What can appear as annoying 'name dropping' in some biographies, here comes across as genuine appreciation and admiration ...more
Peter
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading Chris Hoy's book, it made a pleasant read after Nicole Cook's moaning and complaining of my previous book. Hoy definitely comes over as cycling's 'Mr Nice Guy' although to achieve what he did there must be a determined, stubborn streak there somewhere. He certainly seems to have his wits about him be it on the track or making the most of his assets to earn a living. He strikes me as the sort of person I would like to invite round for dinner. The writing style is not great but I ...more
Ardinglylibrarian
His autobiography charts the life of a seven-year-old BMX fanatic, supported by a devoted dad and his local cycling club, through paralyzing self-doubt and a major career overhaul, to the sport’s holy grail.
Amy
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I think that the main reason why I enjoyed it so much is because I look up to Chris as a role model and I always have done. If anyone wants to find out interesting facts about him then this is the book for you!
Debbie at Snuggling on the Sofa
After a year of sitting on my shelf half read, I finally finished! The second half definitely much more interesting.
Mdspevack
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great insight into the mentality of a multiple Olympic champion.
Colin Macleod
Not a sport that lends itself well to text. Nonetheless, a great story of hard work and determination.
D
Dec 01, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of Edinburgh's finest sporting stars,
Esther
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: auto-bios
One word... Unputdownable!
Liz Moffat
You'd like this a lot more than I did if you were a cyclist. Chris's ambitions and his love of cycling are described here from early years to the Olympic years. A very talented and focused man.
Will Irwin
Some of the cycling chapters bored me to tears, but better than I thought. More for cycling/Olympic enthusiasts...
Graham
...it was all a bit 'I did this, then I did this...' for 350 pages. Not much about the motivation and the man. The bolted on London 2012 stuff was a bit rushed...
Kyle Anderson